CHAPTER 15 : THE SECRET IS REVEAL

DIVERGENT THINKERS

“Eunjung!” Jiyeon scream her lung out. Due to her sudden action, Soyeon push the brake pedal in instant; make the other members in van lost their balance and stumble.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” Hyomin asked as she looks at the younger member while rubbing her chest. “My heart almost popped.”

“Eun-Eunjung.” Jiyeon said. Her forehead was all sweat as she breathes rapidly.

 “What’s wrong with Eunjung?” Soyeon asked, as her eyebrow knitted together.

“Something bad was happening to her.” Jiyeon says, her voice was all worried.

“What do you mean?” Qri ask from behind. “How did you know?”

“I dreamt her. She’s in trouble.” Jiyeon look at the other members, with hoping eyes. “I can feel it.” her voice crack.

“Hey.” Boram reach Jiyeon and pull her into her small embrace. “Shh.. it’s okay.” She careless Jiyeon’s hair. “It’s just a bad dream. Don’t take it seriously.”

Jiyeon pull herself out from Boram. “But..”

“Forget it Park Ji. If It’s a dream, so it just a dream” Qri suddenly cut Jiyeon off. “Please Jiyeon, don’t act like a kid. Eunjung will be okay. You just miss her too much.” She paused. “Sso, keep driving or we will be late.”

Soyeon nods as she push the accelerate pedal. Hyomin and Soyeon exchange their gaze with each other. Jiyeon lean her head on Boram’s shoulder. It wasn’t warm as Eunjung’s but that’s enough for her at this moment. Boram let out huge deep breath.

Qri dialed Eunjung’s number, but the voice mail answered her at the other line. She bites her lower lips, hold her hand phone tight. ‘Please be safe, Eunjung.’

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Hold on Eunjung.” Nickhun tightened his grip on her hand. “Sir, can you please drive faster?” He yelled at the ambulance driver.

 The middle age man was startled over his sudden scream. “I’m trying. Can’t you see the traffic outside?”  He yelled back at Nickhun, make him loss his temper.

“Wh—?” He’s trying to voice out when Woo young grab his shoulder and hold it tight.

“Khun.” Wooyoung paused. He shook his head in slow manner. “She’ll be alright. Don’t worry. We’ll reach at the hospital soon.”

Nickhun take a deep breath. It makes him suffocated to watch lifeless Eunjung whose face was obscured by an oxygen mask. He moves closer to her face and whisper. “Love you, Baekgu.” He kissed her on the forehead as a drop of tear running down from Eunjung’s cheek.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“His condition is stable and he is out of danger. He will be under observation for 48 hours.” The doctor says.

 “So, can we give him a visit doc?” Soyeon ask.

“Sure.” The doctor gives them assuring smile.

Soyeon turn to the other members. “I’m going to see him inside. Wanna join me?”

“I’m with you.” Hyomin answered.  

“Me too.” Qri looks at Jiyeon. “How about you?”

Jiyeon shook her head. “I need some fresh air. Will catch you guys later.” She says as she walks away from there.

“I think I’ll go with Jiyeon. She doesn’t look good.” Boram voiced out.

“Okay. If anything, do inform us.” Soyeon says but more to give her an order.

“I got it.” Boram flash a smile, and nods. She jogs off a little to catch up with Jiyeon. Once she gets near the youngest member, she’s almost out of air. ‘This kid is so fast.’ “Wait for me!” She called Jiyeon.

The younger brunette’s step paused. She turns over her shoulder. Her eyebrows arched. “What’s wrong unnie?”

Boram reach Jiyeon up. She laid her hand on Jiyeon’s shoulder while panting. “Where do you want to go?”

“I’m going to find Eunjung. I’d called her for thousands of times and she didn’t even bother to pick up her phone. Wait till I meet her and I will teach her how to swipe the screen using my own finger.” She gazes on her own index finger with angry look.

Boram chuckled. “This ‘maknae’. Do you think she’s an idiot? She might have her own reason to not pick up your phone. Or..” She paused. Look down. “I bet she’s still angry with me.”

“Hey.” Jiyeon wrap Boram’s little body in her embrace. “We know Eunjung very well. How will she get mad too long over this cute little creature, huh?” She pinch the older’s cheeks.

But then an ambulance’s wailing siren speeds up grab their attention. They watch the ambulance park in front of the emergency door, paramedics bring out a stretcher with a patient, then two men follow up from behind.

“Wait a minute.” Jiyeon’s eyes narrowed. “If my eyes were not cheating on me, then they are the 2PM boys, Nickhun and Wooyoung.” She exchanges her look to the patient who covered with a sheet, and wear the oxygen mask lay on it. She swears her heart stops beating.

“I guess..” Boram didn’t finish her word yet when Jiyeon suddenly dash off to them. “Hey, what are you trying to do?” She chased the younger brunette. 

“Eunjung! She’s our Jungie!” Jiyeon cried as she run together with the paramedics to the Emergency Room. Boram froze on her track.

“Wake up, Eunjung!” She look at the lifeless Eunjung, her grip at the stretcher tighten as her tears streaming down her faces without stopping.

 “Miss, please stay outside.”  The nurse stops Jiyeon from entering the operation room.

“No! She’s my Eunjung!” Jiyeon cried out as she’s struggling to enter the room.

“I’m sorry, but you can’t. Sir, help me out.” The nurse asks Nickhun and Wooyoung whose speechless watching the scene in front of them.

“Ah, okay.” Wooyoung reach Jiyeon up and embrace her. It breaks his heart watching his love one crying. “Jiyeon-ah. Please be calm. She will be okay.”

Jiyeon look up. She pulls out from his embrace. “Who’s doing this to her?”

Wooyoung exchange his gaze with Nickhun. “We don’t know.” Nickhun shook his head.

“Liar!” She yelled as she grab Wooyoung’s collar. “Tell me or I kill you.”

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” Nickhun quickly dash off to Jiyeon.

“Don’t come near.” Jiyeon says as she pulls the collar harder makes Wooyoung suffocated, gasping for air.

“Stop it or you might seriously kill him.” Nickhun tries to pull Jiyeon away from Wooyoung as Jiyeon step backward and kicked him on stomach. He gasped, clutching his stomach and whimpered in pain.

“Stop it, Park Jiyeon!”

Jiyeon look at the owner of the voice. It’s Soyeon. And the other members. Slowly, she comes to her sense.

“What are you doing? Are you out of your mind?” Hyomin ask as she helps Wooyoung out. “Are you okay?”

Wooyoung nods. He looks at Jiyeon who lean her back on the wall, burying her crying face while Soyeon and Boram comforting her.

“I’m sorry, did both of you hurt?” Qri ask Nickhun and Wooyoung.

“No. We are okay, Teacher.” Nickhun wave his palms.

Soyeon approached Nickhun and slowly whispered. “Khun, can we have a talk?”

“Sure.” Nickhun nods.

“Watch her for a while and make sure she didn’t do anything weird. I’ll be back.” Soyeon says to the other members before she and Nickhun left out from the waiting room. They head to the café. There, Nickhun told her every single thing that happens.

“Why you didn’t inform me about this earlier?” Soyeon ask.

“When we were on our way to hospital, Eunjung ask me not to tell you guys about the incident.”

“That stupid Baekgu.” Soyeon sigh. “My heart was uneasy when Jiyeon says something bad happen to Eunjung.”

“How did she know?”

“Jiyeon and Eunjung, that kids were different. Both of them have some kind of instinct about each other.” Soyeon face drew a light smile before it turns into frown back. Tears slowly run down her face. “Hope Eunjung will be okay.”

“Of course she will be. She’s our Ham Eunjung.” Nickhun flashed an encouraging smile as she gazed back as intently as well.  Then, silent took place.

“Unnie.” Nickhun called her.

Soyeon lift up her face. “Erm?”

 “Are you sure you still wanna do this?”

“Why?”

“Looks like they don’t want anybody stand on their way. Today is Eunjung, tomorrow who knows..”

“It might be me?” she cut off Nickhun’s word. “Even I have to sacrifice my own life, I will find that bastard. I wouldn’t let the person who did this to Eunjung walk freely in this world.”

“I’m sorry, you know, I’m just worry.” His face drew all worried. 

Soyeon touched his hand. “No worry. I’ll be good.” She smiled. “I’m your strongest and smartest cousin, remember?”

Nickhun lip drew a smile. “Yeah, I know. But, please be careful.”

“Sure.” She nods then stood up. “We should go to them.”

“Okay.”

The moment Nickhun and Soyeon reached at the waiting room, the other 2 PM members already had been there.

 Nickhun approached Taecyeon. “How? Did you find anything?” He asked.

Taec shook his head. “I’m sorry. But we found nothing.”

Nickhun sigh. He look at the OR door. ‘Please be safe, Eunjung.’

 

1 hour, 2 hour, 3 hour passed. But the green light at the OR still didn’t change to red yet. All of them waiting patiently, when Jiyeon cry out of the blue.

“What taking them so long in there?” She stood up from her seat.

Hyomin calm her down by her hair. “Please be patience for a little longer. The doctors were trying their best doing their job.”

“They shouldn’t take this lot of times only for removing one bullet.” Jiyeon argued.

“We know that.” Qri says. “But nothing we can do for now just hoping for the best.” She paused. “Hold yourself Park Jiyeon.”

A moment later, the light turn off and the OR door opened. The doctor pops up from the room. All of them ran to him.

“Doctor, how is she?” Jiyeon asked.

“The operation was a success, she was lucky the bullet didn’t pass through her heart. And she had been transfer to the Post anesthesia Care Unit” The doctor explained. All of them breathe a sigh of relief.

 “But..” The doctor paused.  

“But, what?”

“Can I have a private talk with her family members?”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Jiyeon look at the image of Eunjung from the outside of the glass room. Doctor’s words playing in her head.

“When we were in the middle of operation, there’s complications happened. Based on her condition, it doesn’t look good. So, after a few times of blood test it’s confirmed that she had been poisoned. We assumed that the poison came together with the bullet. However, we had some difficulties to determine what kind of antidote to give her since we don’t have any idea about the poison. It doesn’t exist in our data base. It’s better if you find the details about the poison so that we can proceed with the antidote. . She’s strong person, because she fight it with her will to survive. But, her situation worst by time. I can’t promise you anything.”

She can’t bear any loss more. Eunjung is like her own sister, she love her more than her own life.

“Park Ji. Let’s go home.” Soft voices bring her back to the real world. A hand lay on her shoulder. Jiyeon turn over her shoulder just to see Qri with mild smile plastered on her face.

Jiyeon change her look back at lifeless Eunjung. “I want to stay here tonight. She hates sleeping alone.” Jiyeon paused. “There is once when I left her to sleep with Hyomin, she nags at me like a granny and pout for a whole day.” She chuckles but tears come along.

“Come here.” Qri pulled Jiyeon into her embrace and slowly careless her hair. “No need to hide your cry with laughter. It sounds bitter anyway. Remember, Ji. We still have some hope. They were working on it. So are we.” Qri paused. She looks at Eunjung. “Please don’t give up on her.”

“I don’t know what to do, Unnie.” Jiyeon sobs.

“Put your heart, mind, and soul into your acts. Just do all the things with love.” Qri flashed an encouraging smile as she gazed back as intently as well.

……………………………………………………

As soon as she ends her phone call, Hyomin grab her hand bag and walk out from her room.

Boram who just came out from kitchen with a tray of hot chocolates curious why she’s so rushing then asked. “What’s wrong? Where do you want to go?”

“I have something to do. Don’t wait for me, maybe I’ll stay out late.” Hyomin answered without stop walking and her shadow gone in a second.

Boram sigh. ‘Does she hate me that much?’  She bites her lower lip. ‘Stupid Jeon Boram. It’s your own fault anyway, serve your damn right.’

“She does not hate on you. I bet it’s regarding Eunjung’s case because I heard some of her conversation about the finding of the weapon.” Soyeon says as she picks up one of the mug from the tray and sip it.

“Oh my.” Boram startled. “Park Soyeon, stop freak me out like that.”

“Did I?” Soyeon ask with poker face. Then she moved to their meeting room. “Help us in here. Stop wasting your time thinking about something nonsense.” She cried out.

“Geez. That freak.” Boram mutters but she still obeyed her. She walks into the room and hand over the hot chocolate to Qri whose watching a video from her laptop.

“Thanks.” Qri says without diverting her eyes from the screen.

“Whose room is that?” Boram ask.

“Ryu Hwayoung.” Soyeon answered.

“The girl who almost been a victim last day?”

“She’s never one of them.” Soyeon says nonchalantly. “And she didn’t even trying to be like one.”

“Even she tried, she can’t lie on you, you freak.” Qri smirk. Soyeon stick out her tongue.

 “How did u get this video of her?” Boram ask.

“Eunjung did. After she and Soyeon met her, they suspect something wrong with this girl, so Eunjung buried it in her room.” Qri picks up some pictures from the printer and hand it to Boram. “And our Ham Eunjung did a very good job.”

“Did you get something?” Soyeon ask as she scanning the pictures with Boram. “What’s this? Souvenir?”

“Kind of.” Qri sip the hot chocolate. “Areum has one like that.”

“So? Do you think it’s related with each other?” Soyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

“Maybe.” Qri shrugged. “But I have a good feeling about this.”

 “It’s okay. I’ll work on this. Who knows we got something.” Boram says.

 “I miss Eunjung.” Qri frowned. “Earlier, I ask Jiyeon to be strong for the sake of Eunjung..” She close her face, crying. “But it’s meant for me.

“Please don’t cry. Eunjung wouldn’t like it. They were all trying, so are we. Make her proud with us.” Soyeon encouraged her friends.

“Guys.” Boram change her gaze from her PC to the girl. She swallowed. “You have to look at this.”

……………………………………………………………………….

“You are fast.” Lee Joon says as he welcomed Hyomin.

“I always am.” She smiled. “Where’s it?”

“Follow me, I’ll show you.” Lee Joon led Hyomin to the evidence room.

“How’s Eunjung?” He asked as he takes out a rifle from one of the box.

“Not so good.” Hyomin sighed.

“Don’t worry, she’ll be fine. I’m sorry for you.” Lee Joon says, sympathized.

“I know.” Hyomin smiled while wearing the gloves.

“We found this weapon at the roof top of nearest building in the ventilation duct. 1.5 KM from the crime scene.”

“I’m impressed.” Her eyes scanned the weapon that almost killed her best friend. Her eyes furrowed. She looks at Lee Joon who crossed his arm with smirk plaster on his face. “You got to be kidding me.” She says.

“What?” Lee Joon asks.

“This is Accuracy International’s L115A3, the best .338 sniper rifle in the world!” Hyomin exclaimed. She couldn’t close as she admires the best performance- enhancing features killer weapon.

“You are not dreaming. It’s real.” Lee Joon nods.

“Oh my goodness.” Hyomin says with disbelieves as she touching every inch of it.

“How I wish you will drool on me likes u did to the metal weapon.” He chuckles.

“Shut up.”Hyomin give him a death glare. “So, what do you have?”

Lee Joon sighed. “There’s nothing left. The rifle is clean and the series number of the rifle also had been scratched. He’s good.”

Hyomin keep silent for a moment. “This weapon can kill with two consecutives shot at a distance of 2.47 kilometers. But the distance between the sniper and Eunjung was only 1.5 KM.” She glances on Lee Joon.

“What are you trying to say? I don’t get you.” Lee Joon asked.

“The bullet failed to shot at the important spot to killed Eunjung. The cause of failure is only two things. It’s between the sniper and the weapon itself. But this rifle is too perfect. So the disadvantage is the sniper. He’s lack of experience.” Hyomin explained. Soon as she finished, she take a look at the rifle’s lens and a smile draw on her face.

“He is not good as you think he is.” Hyomin says as she hand over the rifle to Lee Joon. “Amateur sniper always sticks their eyes too close to the lens. I think it’s enough for DNA test.”

Lee Joon looks at the lens. There’s a print on it. “How did you..”

“I’m an expert.” Hyomin winks. “Learn from sifu, amateur.” She chuckles.

He smirks. “Yeah, you are the best.”

“I know.” She shrugged. “

“Geez.”

“Enlighten me with some good news. But please make it ASAP. I have to go to somewhere else. Call me if anything.” Hyomin says as she walked out from the room.

“Ai ai captain.” Lee Joon says with a salute hand gesture.

Hyomin laughed. “Good boy.” She pats his head. “I’m going. See you.”

“See you.” After a moment, he called her back. “Park Hyomin!”

Hyomin turn over her shoulder. “Yes?”

“Be careful.”

She smiled. “I will.”

 

Hi guys! I'm back! Im sorry for late update. I have 3 more months before my graduation. Because i need to finish my thesis, I have to sacrifice my writing time in here. For SoEunjung1289, khunjunglove yasminajung pioushej ,  princessamidori ,xielai and UmaMee. Thank you for your times reading and commenting. Love you all.  One more chapter, and this fanfic will end. :)