CHAPTER 13 : JEALOUSY AND LOVE ARE SISTERS

DIVERGENT THINKERS

Soyeon, Jiyeon and Hyomin approached Eunjung. Both Hyomin and Jiyeon place their butts besides Eunjung, while Soyeon sit across her.

“Eunjung-ah.” Soyeon voiced out. “Mind if I ask you a question?” Her eyes met with Eunjung’s. There is something about her eyes. Eyes don't breathe. She know that much. But hers look breathless.

“Yes. Sure.” Eunjung raised her eyebrows. “What is it?”

“Is there something that you hide from us?” Soyeon asked.

Eunjung’s lip curved a smile. She knows she can’t hide from her or even her other members. Sooner or later they will know about it.  Eunjung startled as she felt a warm hand careless her back. She looks up. “Qri unnie.”

Qri smiled. “We don't want to force you. Tell me when you are ready.” She says.

Eunjung let out a deep breath. “There was something so heavy about the burden of history, of the past. I wasn't sure I had it in me to keep looking back.” Soyeon exchange the look between Qri.

Qri stand on her knees in front of Eunjung. “Free yourself from the burden of feeling the need to hold on to anything. Let go… you are a part of everything.” Qri says, hold her shoulders tight.

“It wouldn’t be difficult if it was as easy as saying.” Eunjung paused. She nibbled her lower lip.

Jiyeon nods. She really understands her feeling right now. Hyomin grabs Eunjung’s hand and holds it tight.

“It wasn't like a light switch, easy to turn on or off. If you were in, you were in. Out, you were out.” Eunjung added.

Soyeon reached Eunjung and joins together with Qri, kneel in front of her,. “If life was easy it wouldn't be worth living, which is why we have obstacles we overcome and friends to help so we won't have to do it alone.” She flashed as encouraging smile as she gazed back as intently as well.

“Erm. Is your past got anything to do with Mr Wonjun that came earlier?” Jiyeon asked. Eunjung slowly nods.

 “Who’s he to you?” Hyomin ask. “Is he your ex-boyfriend?” she whispered.

“Yah!” Jiyeon slowly smack Hyomin’s head. “Don’t you think he’s too old for Jungie? Soyeon said he’s already over 40.”

“Really?” Hyomin’s eyes grew bigger. “How should I know, he doesn’t look like 40 years old man. But,” she paused. “I did remember Eunjung once said she doesn’t care about age as long as he’s charming. Right, Jungie?”

This time, Soyeon flick her forehead. “Can you for once, say something useful? Tch, this girl really..”

“Ahh. Can all of you stop hitting my head?” Hyomin yell. “I still need to use it, by the way.” She mutters. All of them chuckles over Hyomin.

“Well, what Hyomin says is right.” Eunjung nods, blushing.

“See?” Hyomin grinned.

“What? So, is he really your ex-boyfriend?” Jiyeon ask, with disbelieve.

 “I thought Hyomin is the one who’s clueless in our group.”   Qri says. Soyeon and Eunjung giggles.

“Geez.” Both Hyomin and Jiyeon pout.

“He’s not my boyfriend, Park Ji but he’s….”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………....................

Wonjun extends an ice cream to Boram. “This is yours.”

“Thanks.” Boram smiled as she takes it from him.

“She’s Soo Hyun’s girlfriend.” Wonjun says as he put his hands in his pocket. “But, my parent adopted her since she’s 5.”

“Soo Hyun?” Boram blink her eyes. “I never heard Eunjung talk anything about her relationship before. And she didn’t say anything about her family either.”

“He’s my brother.” He paused. “Since when did you know her?”

Boram her ice cream. “I think we’d already know each other for 4 years. She smiled. “It’s feels like yesterday.”

 “She stepped out from our house 5 years ago and never come back.” He flashed a weak smile. “I think she really meant to forget about it. About us.”

 “No.” Boram denies. “I don’t think so. Eunjung is a secretive person, so that’s why she didn’t talk about her family. ”

Wonjun nods. “Maybe.”

“Erm.” Boram bite her lower lips. “If you don’t mind, what happen 5 years ago actually?”

“Something happen in our family.  Eunjung leave because of my mistake. I’m the one who cast her out.” He sighs.

 

Flashback

“Sir, I think you need to come back a.s.a.p.” The trembling voice on the other line can be heard.

“Why? What happen?” Wonjun asked.

“Young master. He’s.. he’s..”

“He’s what?” Wonjun shouts.

“He.. He’d been shot.”

“What?” Wonjun startled. “Who did that? How’s he? Did you call my parent?”

“I don’t know but they look like mafia. I already called them and they were trying to take the earliest flight for today.”

“Mafia?” He paused. “It’s alright. Call an ambulance; I’ll make my move right now.”

On his way, Wonjun got a call. “What? I’m on my way.”

“S-Sir.” His maid cries can be heard. Wonjun start to feel uneasy.

“Please don’t tell me…”

“He-he’s dead.” The maid cries louder. “I’m sorry, sir. I’m sorry.”

“No! This can’t be!” Wonjun shook his head.

Once Wonjun arrived, he rushed to his younger’s brother death body. He slowly lifts up his body and pulled him to his embrace. ‘He’s so cold.’ Tears starts to running down his cheeks.

“Who did this to you, I’ll never let them live in peace.” Wonjun says as his eyes were burning with anger and sadness. He’s the only sibling that he had. ‘Why you leave me alone.’

He kissed his forehead for the last time before the paramedics brought him to the hospital. He takes a long deep breath before he can stand on his feet. Then, he realized someone was missing.

“Where’s Eunjung?” He asks his maid.

“I don’t know.” The maid shrugged. “Last time we saw her when the mafia came into our house. She’s heading to her room with a pale face. We’ve been looking for her but she’s nowhere in this house.”

Curiosity runs into him. ‘She might know something.’ Wonjun nods. He knows where to found her. Every time she and Soo Hyun did something bad and afraid their parent scolds them, they will hide at their secret place. He quickly pulls his legs to their secret place. As he open the door, the image of Eunjung hugging both of her knees with teary eyes caught him.

“Jungie?”

Eunjung lift up her face and rushing towards him. “Oppa!”

She broke out into a run and didn’t stop until she was wrapped around Wonjun in a tight hug. She buried her face in his chest. “They are looking for me.” She says, sobbing. “They shoot Soo Hyun. I’m scared.” She choked.

“Shh. Jungie, I’m right here.” He spoke softly, careless her hair. He takes both of her hands, gently brushing his thumbs over them. “Look at me. It will be okay.” he said as he brought her closer for another hug.

“Promise me you won’t get mad at me and don’t leave me alone.” She mumbled into his shirt.

“I promise.” His eyes found her. “Now tell me what happen. Did you recognize their face?”

“I do. I know them.” She slowly nods, wipe her tears. “They are looking for me. The loan sharks.”

Wonjun knit his eyebrows. “How you know them? And why they are looking for you?”

“My parent lends some money from them. I mean a lot. It was hard for dad, but he was forced.” She paused. “And know, they are looking for me. They want their money back.”

“What??” Wonjun shout. “So what the hell did this thing got to do with my brother?”

 “I’m sorry.” Her tears start to stream over her face again. “I’ve told him to stay out from them because he wasn’t their level but he insists to protect me. And..” she couldn’t continue because her voice cracked, tears breaking the barrier at the thought of what happened.

He holds his fist. “What did Soo Hyun do to deserve this?" Wonjun bit his lower lip, trying to hold his tears.

She reaches over his hand. “I’m sorry. It was my fault. Soo Hyun didn’t deserve to die.”

“Yes. It was your fault he dies. The one who supposed to die is you. I don’t know what was in my parent’s mind when they brought you, a girl from the street into our family. I bet they will feel guilty for their whole life for meeting you. Your kind of people was despicable!” He looks straight into her eyes. “You are a nasty little killer.” He turn his face, don’t wasn’t to look at her.

Eunjung was startled. It was too much for her. She never thought the person that she always adores would spit those hurtful words. “O-oppa.”

“I’m not your brother.” He paused. “Leave.”

“W-w- what do you mean?” she was stuttered. “I don’t have anyone else in this world. Where should I go?”

“You weren’t belongs in this family at the first place. I can put you into prison but I don’t want to waste my time deals with nasty people. It was better for you to leave now before I change my mind.” His voice was icy, struck straight to her heart.

‘How could you.’ Eunjung body was tremble like crazy.  It feels like the whole world was fall into her. She slowly walks towards her room, packing her belonging. The maids just look at her, didn’t dare to stop her or say anything. Her eyes roam over the house as she slowly makes her way out from there. Every edge of the house reminds her of Soo Hyun. The only guy who willing to sacrifice his own life for her.

“Eunjung.”

Wonjun’s voice makes her freezing on her track. A smile draws on her face. She turns to him. Hope for another chance for her to stay. “Yes?”

“Don’t ever think to show your face in this house anymore.”

End of flashback.

“Silly girl. The loan shark didn’t get anything to do with her at all.” He chuckled but it sounds sad.

“If they wasn’t looking for her then what was the reason?” Boram asked.

He sighs. “They were looking for my mum. They want to take revenge over her. She was a criminal defense attorney. Because of her, one of the loan shark was sentenced to death. It takes an innocent life for trying to bring a justice.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.”Boram careless his back. “Did you try to find her?”

“I did. The longer I search for her the guiltier I am. Her parent was dead at the night my parent found her with full of fears on the street. The loan shark killed them both in front of her eyes.” He cries. “I was really stupid. I’m such a heartless person. I can’t think straight at that time.” He grips his hair with both of his hand.

Boram look at the man in front of her. He looks so vulnerable.

“Boram-shi.” He lifts up his face. His teary eyes met with Boram

“Yes?”

“Can you do me a favor?”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………....................

“Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” Qri says.

 “If you ever need a shoulder to cry on, we are here for you, if you ever need someone to laugh, and share memories with, we are here for you, if you ever just want someone there without ever saying a word, we are here for you, because in the truth of it all, we will one day need you for those very same things, and you know why it would be easy, because dear sister of mine, we're family, and we love you.” Hyomin says as she pulls Eunjung into her embrace and soothes her back lovingly.

“Sometimes crying or laughing is the only options left and laughing feels better right now because it felt so awkward when I heard this kind of words come out from Hyomin’s.” Eunjung says follow with her cute chuckles.

Hyomin push Eunjung forward. “Yah. What do you mean?” She pouts.

tumblr_mc1lp66P4m1rgpb2uo9_400.jpg

“What I want to say is you are so sweet, Hyomin-ah.” Eunjung pinch both of Hyomin’s cheeks. “Park Hyomin, you are super-duper sweet.”

Hyomin grinned. “I know I am a sweet person. No need to say it twice.”

“Yeah! Laugh now, cry later.” Jiyeon says as she hugs Eunjung from back. All of them burst into laughter. If conversation was the lyrics, laughter was the music; making time spent together a melody that could be replayed over and over without getting stale.

“Yah!” Soyeon shout. “Ham Eunjung, I am Park In Jung love you so much!” Soyeon says as she jumps towards them and joins the group. “Lee Ji Hyun love Ham Eunjung too.” Qri sequels as she tighten her hug.

“Park Sun Young love Ham Eunjung more!” Hyomin shout her lung out; don’t want to lose with the older sisters.

“God. Do you guys really have to say it with your full name? Seriously, that sounds so cheesy.” Eunjung laughed. “Guys, I really appreciated with the hug and ‘I love you’ thingy but I really appreciate more if you set me free. I can’t breathe!” Eunjung talks with difficulties.

The next day,

8.00 a.m.

“Boram Unnie, did you already get the video recording that we need?” Jiyeon asked but the older member’s answer her with silence. She was staring blankly at the screen laptop.

“Unnie.” Hyomin lightly tapped on Boram’s shoulder.

“Oh. Yes?”

Hyomin point her thumb to Jiyeon. “She’s talking to you.”

Boram quickly lift up her face to Jiyeon. ”Sorry, what was that again?”

“About the video..”

“The video?” Boram asked, a bit confused which video that Jiyeon refer. “Which one?”

“I think there is no other video that we need so far.” Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

Boram blinked. “Ah, yeah. Sorry, I think my memory wasn’t good anymore.”  She chuckled lightly. “About the video… I’m still trying.”

Hyomin eyes roved over Boram face for a moment. “Are you okay?”

“I’m good.” Boram nods.

Hyomin leaned closer to Jiyeon. “Ji. Don’t you think Boram Unnie was acting weird lately?” she whispered.

Jiyeon’s lip pursed, eyebrow arching. “Define weird?”

“Tch. Google it, I’m not a dictionary.” Hyomin pout. “Just watch her and you will find the answer by yourself.”

Jiyeon tried to stifle a smile as Hyomin made a face. “I know and I got it.” She observed, listening and thinking quietly wondering what was on her mind.

“Where’s Eunjung?” Soyeon asked as she puffed out and place her on the couch. She’s all sweat. Qri follow her from behind.

“Wow! Did both of you just come back from jogging? Eunjung’s on her way.” Jiyeon look at her wristwatch. “In my calculation, she will be here in half an hour. Why?”

Soyeon raised a thumb drive. “I bet she will be surprisingly happy if she looks at this.”

“What’s its content? I want to see it!” Hyomin says as she tries to grab it from Soyeon but Qri knock her head before she reach her.

“Auch! What’s was that for?” Hyomin grunted.

“Be more patient can’t you? Eunjung wasn’t here yet.” Qri says.

Hyomin pout. “I got it.” She rubs her head. “But a word would do.”

“Sorry.”Qri grinned sheepishly. “It’s more fun when you do it by action.”

“Do we really have to wait for her?” Boram voiced out. “I think it doesn’t matter if she was here or not, we still can figure it out by ourselves.” She shrugged. “Like there will be a different if she was here.”

A moment later she realized the girls were giving her a slightly strange look, although trying not to.  “What? Did I say something wrong?”

“Yes.” Soyeon nods. “But does it matter for you to wait for her?”

“Well, it won’t be a matter if it’s only for once but do we have to wait for her till forever?” Boram paused. “Oh come on. Don’t you ever think that all of you are useless?”

And for this time, the girls give her a completely strange look.

“Now what? Did I say something wrong again?” Boram exclaimed.

“Yes!” all of them answered in unison.

“Please don’t tell me that you really meant what you just said earlier.” Qri says.

“Ergh.” Boram rolled her eyes. “Suit yourself.” She stands up and pulls her legs towards the door.

“Where do you want to go?” Soyeon asked, concerned.

Boram freeze on her way. “Wherever I go it wasn’t your business.” She says without facing them. Then, she walks away.

Qri try to chase over her but Soyeon stop her. “Don’t.” She shook her head. “Let her be.”

Jiyeon slammed her elbow into Hyomin side “Okay. That’s weird.” She whispered.

“I’ve told you.” Hyomin shrugged, with a pouty lip.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….............

“Morning girls!” Eunjung greet happily as she and the kids enter the living room. The other girls already had been there before her. “I’m sorry, the traffic was extremely .” She quickly put all her things on the table and asks the kids to play somewhere else.

“Morning.” The girls greet her back.

“Where are you from?” Boram asked. Her voice was cold.

 “I just come back from..”

“You are 30 minutes late.” Boram cut Eunjung off.

Eunjung bite her lower lip. She exchanged her look with other members, trying to know what happen with Boram but they just shrugged. “I know. And I’m so sorry about that. You know, the kids..”

Eunjung’s words stop in the middle when Boram suddenly slammed the file on the table. All the girls were startled over her action.

“Oh my godness. My soul almost jumps out from my body.” Qri says as she rubs her chest.

Boram eyes met with Eunjung’s. “I want to ask you, what is more important. The kids who we don’t know who their family is that you pick from the street or our not so important to you case that is going nowhere?”

“Unnie lower your voice will you? What if the kids hear that? They will get offended, you know.” Soyeon says, as her hand rub Boram’s back. “Calm down.” Her eyes roam over the room. Afraid the kids overheard them. “You don’t have to get angry over these things, honestly.”

“Let them be! You care about their feeling, but how about us?” Boram yell. Her eyes were burning with anger. “If you really don’t care about us then leave!”

Hyomin and Jiyeon look at each other. “Unnie, why are you being like this? We don’t have any problem with the kids to be honest.” Hyomin voiced out. “You mad because of the kids. Like, seriously?”

“Why you are so angry? You did say you love the kids too right?” Jiyeon mutters. “What’s your problem actually?”

Boram clap her hands. “What a great back up.” She paused. “Oh, I almost forget. EunMinJi couple isn’t it? Nice. ” She looks at Eunjung and her lip curve a smirk. “You don’t have an answer for my question, Ham Eunjung?”

“Unnie, please stop it.” Qri says. “We can discuss over this problem by slow talk but not by arguing like this.”

 “This isn’t about the kids, right?” Eunjung asked.

“Jungie, you don’t have to answer it.” Soyeon come over her.

“Tch.” Boram rolled her eyes. “It’s okay. You don’t have to answer me because I already know what your answer is by the way. So, leave! I don’t want to see your face in this house anymore. I was sick enough to take orders by an ignorance people like you. It was pathetic. Pretty close like a servant.”

The girls were completely surprised over Boram’s word.

“What the hell are you talking?” Hyomin says.

“Yah, are you out of your mind?” Jiyeon yell. “What’s wrong with you?”

“Hyomin, Jiyeon! Watch your words! She’s your older sister.” Soyeon hit their head. “Don’t be rude.”

“Auch.” Both of them groaned in pain.

“But Boram unnie were too much.” Jiyeon try to defense herself.

“Yeah. She has no right to kick Eunjung from us.” Hyomin mumbles while rub her head. “Did you on her side too?”

Qri hit Hyomin once again. “This is not the right time to pick which side you were on, you crazy.”

Eunjung just kept silence. She didn’t leave either trying to defending herself.

“Over this time you act like a boss, the person who know everything - but what with the silent right now? You don’t want to leave, then, I leave.” She takes her handbag and walk out from the room.

All of them were startled. This is the first time they see Boram’s other side. Eunjung run to her. She grabs her hand to make her stop.

“Running wouldn’t solve anything. We need to talk.” Eunjung says.

“There’s nothing that we can talk about. “

“If this is about me, I’m really sorry. And I really meant it.”

Boram smirk. “This world is not all about you, Ham Eunjung.” Her voice was so icy.

“I know.” Eunjung quickly answered. “But..”

 “Let me go.” Boram yanks her hand but the grip become stronger.  She lost over her because the gap between her and Eunjung’s energy was really big.

 “You don’t have to go, but I will. I mean, we will. The girls need you right now.” Eunjung sigh. “You can’t stop right now because the main key for this case is depends on you. There will be someone precious life on stake and their life lay on you right now. I will make sure that I will never ever show my face in front of you again. But you have to promise me, you will not run and stay with them once I let your hand free. I’m begging you.” There was shakiness in her words.

Boram give her a negative feedback. “I will take it as yes.” Eunjung slowly loosen her hand grip. Boram didn’t budge; she was standing like a statue. “Thank you.”

She really wants to hug her but even she want to lay her hand on her back she was hesitating. So, she just standing there facing Boram back and wishing Boram will turn over and pull her to her embrace.

 “I’m sorry for my bad treatment over you for. And I’m sorry for stupid enough to realize about what you feel all this while. But this one thing that I want you to know that when i tell you i love you, i don't say it out of habit or to make conversation. I say it to remind you that you're the best thing that ever happened to me. Good bye, sis."  

Boram was speechless. She turn around just to see Eunjung walk towards the dumbfound girls at the back. She just saw the girls talking and hugging with each other and Eunjung leaving the house together with the kids with teary eyes. She really wants to hug her, tell her she love her too, say sorry and plead her to stay with them but her other side stops her to do so. Her feelings were mixed.

T-ARA9.Boram.jpg

‘What did you have done, Jeon Boram.’ She holds her fist.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

P/s I'm really sorry for late update. Again, i want to inform to you that this sem i was extra busy. Hope you enjoy this chapter. And for anyone who waiting for My Master My Princess updates, hope for your lot of patient. I will update the story after completing this fanfic. Thanks a lot for your considerations. :)