CHAPTER 6 : TRYING TO ADAPT

DIVERGENT THINKERS

 

SOYEON POV

“How are things coming today?”

I was studying my English book at the pantry as I heard a voice from behind. I turn my head over my shoulder, watching Jung Byung Hee (G.O) walk towards me with 2 cups of hot coffee.

He then put one of them on my table and placed his in front of me, draws wide smile on his face. Why my high school life doesn’t have attractive teacher like him?

12168-qhws2y2jci.jpg

“Thanks. They are coming fine. You don’t have any class at this time?” I take a gulp of my drink. Ahh, it was too hot. I almost burn my tongue. He was chuckle over my clumsiness.

“Nope. I’ve already done with my last class. How about you?” he asks me back while he takes a sip of his coffee.

“I’ve got 5A class in another half an hour.” I take a look at my wristwatch. He just replies me a nod. I continue with my reading.

“Erm, Miss Soyeon.”

“Yes?” I lift up my face to watch him scratch his neck with an awkward grin on his face. From his facial trait, I can see he was trying to say something but hesitation cross over him.

“Do you have something in mind that bothering you?” My question makes him more nervous. His face was epic.

“I..I..I..” he was stuttering around me and he don’t make any eye contact. Okay, I got what he wants to say.

“I’m sorry Mr G.O, but I’ve already engaged.” I said as I show him my right ring finger where there was platinum ring with blue diamond on top. He takes a quick glare at my finger then he quickly stands up and takes a bow.

“I’m really sorry Miss Soyeon.” He said with guilt draw on his face.

“You don’t have to do that. Not a big deal.” I smile at him and grab his arm and make him sit.

I look at him in the corner of my eyes. He was really cute with his blushing face, playing with the mug’s handle. Thinking the funny side of him makes my lip curving a smile at the edge.

And 5 minutes passed with the silence conquer the room. How awkward could it be? Luckily, my eyes caught Boram unnie walk into the pantry with a bottle of juice.

“Miss Boram, here.” I wave and point an empty chair to her.

After she heard me, she pulling her legs towards us and takes a seat beside me.

“Ahh, it was so good. I don’t have any idea being a teacher was so hard.” Boram breathe a sigh of relief after had a big gulp of her juice.

 “What happened, Miss Boram? Mind to share?” I ask with concern.

“It was just a few students who didn’t respect me. How dare they flirt with me although they already know I was older than them? In fact, I was their teacher.” Boram pouts.

Both of G.O and me was burst into laughter over Boram action and our eyes met with each other unconsciously. When he realized that, he immediately diverts his view to Boram. What an interesting guy.

“You were so cute Miss Boram, no doubt. If I was your student, I want to try my luck too.” He said with chuckle.

xD75on86.jpg

Wait, did he say Boram Unnie was cute and want to flirt with her too? Aish, why should I feel jealous over unnie?

“You want me to kick you?” Boram said with her threatening look.

“I’m sorry, I was just kidding, Miss Boram.” He was defending himself with innocent look. I think I couldn’t stand to watch this any longer.

“I have to go first. Have a nice day, Miss Boram and Mr G.O.” I lift up my from the chair and give them a bow. Before I could turn my back, I heard G.O called my name.

“Wait! Miss Soyeon..”

“Yes?”

“I just want you to know, about what I said earlier…” he’s playing with his fingers.

“It was a joke, right? It’s okay, I know it.” I said it first make him left unfinished. He nods his head with blushing face.

I can see Boram Unnie was trying to hold her laughter. Bad Unnie.

“Erm, if you had nothing else to say I...”

“Oh, okay Miss Soyeon. You may leave now.” Boram Unnie said with a giggle.

I give them a nod and walk away as I heard Boram Unnie teasing G.O. why don’t she wait after I already leave that place?

“Well, Mr G.O. Do you have feel towards Miss Soyeon?” she ask him with teasing tone.

Aigoo this Unnie, are you trying to make fun of me? Face palm.

END OF SOYEON POV

 

BORAM POV

 

I saw how G.O looks Soyeon in his eye. His action also was pretty obvious. Does he have to explain to her that he was joking? LOL.

“Well, Mr G.O. Do you have feel towards Miss Soyeon?” I move my face closer towards his.

His face turns to red. Haha. I’m trying to make him confess by today. Wait and see.

“A..Ani.. Please, don’t misunderstand me Miss Boram.” He denied it while he moved his body back walk. But I move closer to him. It was so fun teasing this boy.

“Just admit it. You was in love with her right?” I whisper to his ear make he stand up from his seat and almost fell down.

“What are you trying to do Miss Boram?” he said with stutter.

His face was priceless! Soyeonni, your secret admirer was really funny.

“Aish, man nowadays. Why it was so hard to confess your true feeling.” I sigh as I see he sit back on his own seat.

“Btw Mr G.O, opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.”

He was just in silence. Neither nod either shook his head. I grab my juice to have another shot.

“But, she was already engaged. I don’t want to break her fiancé’s heart.”

I almost spit out my drink over him when he say that. Did he say fiancé? Since when Soyeon had a fiancé?

“Who says?”

“Miss Soyeon.”

“And you believe in her?”

“Of course! Why you are asking like that?” he asks me back.

“Did she show you her ring?”

“Yes..” he answer with a nod and weak smile draw on his face.

“Like this one?” I show him my right finger. He takes a close look at my finger with his eyebrows furrowed.

“It was pretty similar. But her diamond was blue in colour.” He said while touching his chin.

“Miss Boram, you was engaged too?”

Daebak! I was really sorry for this guy. Don’t he have any idea that engagement ring was on left finger not right? Actually, that was our friendship ring. Every member wear the same pattern but with different colour of the diamond.

t-ara+boram+cute.jpg

 

“You really don’t have any idea don’t you?” I look at him in disbelieve. Is he that stupid?

“What do you mean?”

“Mr Jung Byung Hee, engagement ring on left not right.” 

“Really?” he look at me with disbelieve look. I rub my temple. He really knows how to give me a headache.

“You was so naïve.” I shook my head.

“I'll have to excuse myself. See you later. And good luck.” I said as I pulling my leg towards the exit.

“Thanks a lot Miss Boram.” He wave to me with wide smile curving at the edge of his lip.

Now I understand with the words ‘Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans’.

END OF BORAM POV

 

QRI POV

tara+qri.jpg

 

“Okay. Class dismissed for today. Please have a look at the Jeon Won Diary by T-ara N4 choreography. We will be practicing that dance for tomorrow.”

“Okay. Thanks a lot Miss.” I give them a nod and all of them walk out from the dance room.

While I was packing my stuff, there’s someone standing behind me. When I turn back, I almost bump into her. To my surprised she was one of my students.

 

“Oh my goodness. Areum. Why are you still in here?” There was something hidden in her eyes.

“Teacher, do you have some time?” she ask me with her husky voice. She’s not an active person in class.

“Sure. Have a seat.” I point an empty seat beside me.

“It’s okay. I just want you to watch my dancing skill.” She said as she bring out the cd and lend it to me. I take it from her and insert it to the CD player.

The melodies fill in the room. It was Day by Day by T ara. As the music start, she also begins her dancing. Her movement was so smooth but expression wasn’t show the emotion well although it was pretty enough. She was doing great until she was collapsed on the floor. I quickly run into her.

“Are you okay? Let me help you.” I said as I link her arm over my shoulder. Her ankle seems hurt.

“Have some.” I lend over her a cup of hot chocolate that I bought from the machine. She takes a sip of her drink.

I bet something is wrong with her so I let the silence to speak. After 10 minutes passed I grab both of my stuff and her. Then, I sit facing my back in front of her.

“Let’s me accompany you to your room. Come, I’ll give you a piggy ride back.”

“It’s okay. I can walk on my own.” At last, she voice out.

“Areum, listen to me. I don’t ask you to choose but it was an order.” I said with a high tone. I can heard she sigh behind me. At last, she rides on my back. She was really lightweight.

On our way to her room, there was no word that neither I nor she let out.

“Teacher..” her smooth husky voice hitting my ear drum.

“Erm..?”

“Gomawo.” There was sadness in her voice.

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.  Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. And please bear in mind that the most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”

She laid her head on my shoulder. I can smell the sweetness of her hair. She was crying. I can hear her sobbing sound. I kiss her head.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPgMBEmrrEVp_ocbf4To-

“Teacher, can you sing me a song?”

“What song? But I warn you, my voice wasn’t good at all. So, be prepared for your eardrum safety.”

She chuckle over my words.

 

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine

You make me happy when the skies are grey

You never know dear how much I love you

So please don’t take my sunshine away.

END OF QRI POV