CHAPTER 3 : FRIENDS WHO CARE

DIVERGENT THINKERS

 

EUNJUNG POV

We were headed to Jiyeon’s house. That was the only place that I can think of for now. My instinct doesn’t let me down when we see Jiyeon’s sleeping body with the picture in her arm after we step into the house.

‘You must be missing him damn much, Ji’ and I her hair and kiss her forehead. It’s burning!

“Girls! Jiyeonnie had a high fever.” I left them at the living room and I carry Jiyeon on my back to upstairs, headed to her rooms and put a number of blankets to cover her body.

I take a wet towel and wipe her face and her body. I change her cloth with the new one.

‘I don’t know my little maknae could be this weak.’

END OF EUNJUNG’S POV

 

AUTHOR’S POV

The other members start to do something by their own without instructed.

“I go grab my first aid kit in my car.” Hyomin said as she running to her car.

 “There was nothing in the fridge. I need to buy some groceries, so that we can cook some dishes to our Jiyeonnie.”

 Soyeon walk out from the kitchen and grab her handbag.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVVxivueVji9meZgIMAi_

“I’ll go with you.” Qri said as she follows Soyeon from behind.

END OF AUTHOR’S POV

 

BORAM POV

The muscles at both sides of my face moved. In simple word, I was smiling.

‘Looks like I’ve got nothing to do here.’

Then I walk toward Jiyeon’s room. I saw Eunjung was taking care of Jiyeon. She was smiling to me as she sense my existence. I sit at the corner of the bed.

“Hyomin will be back with the medicine. Soyeon and Qri went to the market, buy some groceries.” I explain to her without being asked. She just nods without facing me.

“Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” Eunjung said while her hand caresses Jiyeon’s face.”

I give her a smile and nod. I understand what she meant. Jiyeon need our support for the time being. A minute later, Hyomin walk into the room.

“Medicine is coming!” Hyomin raise her hand with first aid kit altogether.

“We will start an IV (Intravenous Line). Hyominnie and Boram Unnie, can you lend me your hand?” Eunjung ask us while she accumulates all the necessary supplies.

“Sure.” And both of us take our part.

Hyominnie was preparing the IV tubing. She carefully fills it with normal saline to make sure there is no forming of large air bubbles.

I apply the tourniquet high on Jiyeon’s upper arm tightly. Once I found the suitable vein, I swipe several times at the area by using alcohol wipe.

Eunjung take 22 gauge angio catheter and test it to assume how much force is required to slide the plastic catheter over the metal needle. She advance the angio catheter well into the vein and after confirmed it well, she slide the plastic angio catheter forward deeper into the vein over top of the needle. Once she released the tourniquet from Jiyeon’s arm, Eunjung remove the needle, attach the SmartSet and lock the tubing connection.

Lastly, I secure the IV in place using a number of stripes of tape to prevent accidental removal. And Hyomin connect the IV bag with IV line.

“Looks like Jiyeon’s body weren’t as hot as before. Let her take some rest first. We give her the medicine after this considering she needs to eat first.” Eunjung fix Jiyeon’s blanket position and kiss her forehead.

I do the same thing.

“I love you Jiyeonnie.” I whisper to her ear.

It’s broken my hurt looking at lifeless Jiyeon.

END OF BORAM’S POV

 

AUTHOR’S POV

“Ok. I’m done!” Qri take off her apron and walk toward the others at the living room.

“Smell delicious, Unnie.” Eunjung praise her with double thumbs up and she continue with her work.

“We wait Jiyeon wake up first, then we can eat together.” Soyeon said.

“Neh..” Both Hyomin and Boram give their response together.

“Boram Unnie, any progression so far?” Qri ask Boram after she takes her seat beside Soyeon.

“I’ve done with our registration, school uniforms and ID card. We will register in another 2 days. Anything else about the case will be update later.” She answers Qri without divert her attention from her notebook.

“How about our Jiyeonnie?” Hyomin express her curiosity.

“We don’t have any other choice. Considering her condition just now, we have to give her an exception. I’m afraid she can’t act professionally during our mission as she was not completely recovered.” They nod as they agree with Eunjung.

“I think we have to set our characters for now. As Boram Unnie, Qri and I were already too mature to be called a student then Boram Unnie and Qri will be a substitute dance and vocal teacher, and I will be an English teacher.” All of them nod after listening to Soyeon’s idea.

“It was better this way. Stay together in the same place doesn’t give us an advantage. It could be more dangerous.” Qri speak out her though.

“Jiyeonnie! Did we disturb your sleep? Be careful. Watch your step.” Hyomin run towards Jiyeon and help her down the stairs while the others quickly packing their stuff.

END OF AUTHOR’S POV

 

JIYEON POV

 I open my eyes and I find myself in my room. There was a tube on my hand. My cloth also was already changed. It’s almost 6.00pm.

 ‘They must be here.’

I take out the IV line, use a tissue to cover the area and secure it with tape to prevent bleeding. I look at my reflected image in the mirror. My face was pale and my eyes were swollen. I was kind a look like a zombie.

Without taking a bath, I’m walking to downstairs. By looking at their expression, seems like they were in a discussion. I’m trying to eavesdrop to what they were discussing for but Hyomin already caught me and she ran towards me.

“Jiyeonnie. Did we disturb your sleep? Be careful. Watch your step” she said.

“Ani. Gomawo.” I shook my head and we walk together to the living room.

“Ji. Are you okay? We were worried about you.” Eunjung hug me and I give her nod. The other joins us. It was warm.

“Come. We prepared special dishes to you, kimchi soup and chicken porridge. We got Bulgogi too.” Soyeon Unnie holds my hand and walks me into the dining room.

Qri Unnie poured soup into my bowl and Boram Unnie lent me a glass of water. Hyomin Unnie put some slices of Bulgogi into my porridge bowl.

“Ji, open your mouth. Aaa..” and she feed me.

“Good girl.” She pats my head. I feel so touched with their treatment.

“Yeobo. Give me a feed too.” Hyomin open widely.

Eunjung feed her a big mouth of Bulgogi.

“Aigoo..Yeobo, this was too much.” Hyomin chew hardly and grumble.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFDsjuuC7MjF640ol5t73

 “Mommy, I’m hungry.” Boram whined in cute voice. She patted her stomach and pulled Soyeon’s shirt.

“Aigoo. Poor my cute daughter. Omma feed you now. Aaa..” and she feed Boram.

“Unnie, u really looks like an ahjumma.” Eunjung tease Soyeon.

“This is not fair! I want a feed too. Where is my mom?” Qri yell and knock the table using her fork.

The whole situation was ridiculous, I simply burst into laughter.

If you have good friends no matter how much your life , they can make you laughing.

END OF JIYEON’S POV

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

Listening to Jiyeon’s laughter and looking at the smiling the other members really make Eunjung’s heart at ease.  She gave Jiyeon’s forehead a kiss.

“It’s good to hear your laughter again, Jiyeonnie.” Eunjung said,more to whisper to Jiyeon.

“Gomawo, everyone.” Jiyeon said as her lip draws a smile.

 

After having dinner, they gathered in the living room and watching TV drama Bones season 6. They have a night at Jiyeon’s house.

“Unnie, you want some?” Jiyeon hand over a packet of chips to Eunjung, but she refused.

“I’m full already. Give it to Boram unnie. Her tank surely can retain another 10 packet of this.”

“Boram Unnie ate a lots but I don’t have any idea why her height still constant like that.” Qri shrug. They laugh over Qri word.

“Whatever. Like I care.” Boram said and munching the chips cheerfully. They gain back their focus to the drama.

“Guys, who you think was the killer?”  Hyomin’s question broke the silence since there was an advertisement on the TV.

“I’m not sure. But, don’t you think her boyfriend a little bit suspicious? I mean, the way he stared at the victim was completely give me goose bumps. Moreover, they got a fight before. He had a motive too.” 

“I kind of agree with Soyeonnie, because he had an advantage to freely moving in the house as he was close with the victim. What do you think Jungie?” Qri asked for Eunjung’s opinion.

“I don’t think so. Her boyfriend maybe look like he is at fault, but I’m sure he is not a murderer. By looking at the victim’s dead body, he really wasn’t capable to commit the murder.”

Eunjung’s answer created an issue between them.

“The murderer must be a career person. He must have his own car, private house, educated and have a good relationship with the victim.” Jiyeon express her idea.

 “Wae?” Boram don’t have any idea.

“The rate of decay in human corpse was depends on a lot of things such as temperature, and humidity. The victim’s body was found after a week but the corpse didn’t decompose yet. Well, it’s quite amazing.” They nod when listening to Eunjung.

“So, it makes sense with Jiyeon said about the murderer status. To slower the rate of decay, he must keep the corpse under room temperature. But the fridge must be large in size to support human body” Soyeon seems to get what Jiyeon and Eunjung said before.

“Ordinary people didn’t have that kind of fridge. The house location must be far from other people so he can run his evil plan at ease without disturbance.”  Qri said.

“Wait, they already know who was the killer.” Hyomin voice diverted their attention to the TV. The murderer was the family’s doctor and all their assumption was 80% accurate. All of them mute for a while but their voice crack again at the end of the show.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAHpB0cZw94kZoFC4TJ67

“Did all of you the scriptwriters for that drama?” Hyomin statement burst them into laughter.

“Aishh. I should study more about human corpse.” Boram whined.

END OF AUTHOR’S POV

 

P/S : im not a certificated writer, so please dont expect too much for this story. 2 PM member will be added after they rolling to Kirin Art School. Thanks a lot for ur supports. <3