Friends

Your Best Day Is Always Ahead

 

 

 

Jongin and Luhan hadn't had their chance to hang out for ice-cream, yet.

Apparently, SM staff had asked Luhan to fly off to China with them to meet two Chinese trainees who were about to move to Korea. Luhan's task was to put the two boys at ease, at least try to, because they were not even very fluent in Korean yet. Of course Luhan had immediately accepted, and Jongin could understand why, as a Chinese himself, but it still saddened him. 

 

Luhan had sent him a cute text while waiting for his flight and it softened him immediately. 

 

Now Sehun is on the other line of the phone blathering something about Luhan telling him to take care of Jongin while he was abroad, and Jongin massages his head, annoyed already.

 

"So, we are going out tonight." Sehun concludes after five minutes of random blabbering. 

"I can't, you know-"

"You can." the younger cuts him off "Because Luhan-hyung gets scary when you don't do what he nicely asks you to, and I don't want to be kicked in the because of you." 

Jongin holds his laughters back at the imagine of the sweet Luhan hitting Sehun. "Your problem, Sehun." 

"Oh no, it's not. Because I won't forgive you in a million years and besides, you should be thankful I am trying to take you out of your bubble. SM has got some nice guys to hang out with, and Luhan-hyung agrees with me it's time for you to meet some." 

 

Jongin rolls his eyes but is given no time to reply that Sehun informs him about place and time for their meeting before hanging up quickly. Staring at the phone, Jongin can't help his sigh. He sends Sehun silent not nice words and at the same time thinks of Luhan, and he realizes the two of them were right after all. The thought that Luhan could be so concerned about him even while being abroad, again, softened him. He gives up his resistance and goes to Yeonsu to spend most of the day watching Disney's Cartoons with her, cuddled on the couch.

 

Later that night, after having put Yeonsu to bed and told Byul he was hanging out with some guys-much to her pleased surprise-he meets Sehun nearby the bus stop.

 

"Thinking about it, shouldn't you be home sleeping by now? You are like, underage."

Sehun glares at him. "It's not like we are going to get drunk, hyung."

"You're still a kid." Jongin jokes heartily, ignoring the thought that at Sehun's age, he was a father already, and the younger boy waves him off with a mummified expression. 

 

"You will like them." Sehun says at one point as they are walking towards the meeting place "But I dislike you for not treating me to Bubble Tea yet."

"Not again, Sehun. Have mercy." 

Jongin would like to seriously slap Sehun in the face at times, but then he would remember the younger boy had no clue about his financial hardships whatsoever, and he couldn't really blame him for wanting his hyung to treat him. Ignorance bliss, Jongin would call it.

 

When eventually they see the group coming their way, the first thought that pops in Jongin's mind is that there are only three guys. 

He looks at each of them carefully as fast as he can, and sees a rather short but handsome guy with dark, straight hair framing a beautiful face, an equally short but adorable-looking guy with some chubby cheeks and pale skin, and a quite charming guy with funny ears who towers the previous two. Actually, he towers them all. 

 

Besides him, Sehun frowns. "Where's Kyungsoo-hyung?" 

The tall guy waves at them energetically before muttering an annoyed "He said he had to work on an assignment for the composing class." 

Jongin looks at Sehun making a face from the corner of his eyes. Then the younger brings a hand on his stiff shoulder and speaks.

"You all have probably heard about this friend here-if you haven't, you're deaf as hell-"

"Sehun!" the short, handsome guy immediately scolds, looking almost horrified.

Sehun rolls his eyes and excuse himself. "Right, so, this is Kim Jongin." 

"Nice to meet you." Jongin bows.

"How cute!" the chubby cheeked guy squirms while the three of them bows their heads.

"Nice to meet you, Jongin. I am Junmyeon." says the handsome guy.

"Minseok." 

"Chanyeol," the tall one finishes, immediately smiling widely at him "I am the happy virus of the group!"

 

Jongin smiles embarrassedly at that while the other two face-palm.

"Yes, see this guy with big ears? He is quite a freak." Sehun nicely explains and Junmyeon hits him on the back on his neck "What?" 

Chanyeol waves him off with an uninterested glare. "So, Jongin, we've heard a lot about you."

"Yes, Luhan and Sehun say you are an amazing dancer." Minseok confirms.

Jong bites his upper lips shyly, "I hear that. I suppose I am a good dancer, yes."

"Oh, come on." Sehun hisses and the others laugh "A good dancer would never leave an impression on teacher Lee Soo Man himself."

"So this is true? He watched your audition live and immediately wanted you in?" Chanyeol asks with admiration in his eyes and Jongin recalls the phones filming him the day he had his contract signed.

He smiles shyly and Sehun speaks up for him "It is, guys. Jongin is the best, even if he is the worst hyung 'cause he doesn't hang out with me."

Jongin sends him a glare and the others giggle.

 

Junmyeon interferes for Jongin's cause. "Guys, let him breathe. We don't want to make him feel uneasy, do we."

Chanyeol immediately nods vividly and sends him an excited look "I look forward your dancing, Jongin. Also, one day maybe you can help me out a bit. I can return the favor with some rap lessons if you want, or  I can teach you how to play guitar? If you don't play it already, of course."

Jongin stares at the tall, talkative boy and he decides he likes him. He is cute, someone with both softness and goofiness to offer.

"Hardships with dancing?"

"No, he is perfectly fine," Sehun states and Minseok suppresses a laughter "We don't just call him dance machine for nothing." the two of them burst out laughing then and Jongin notices Junmyeon is trying to hold back, but he is giggling too. Chanyeol pouts.

"I'll help you out for some rap in return then." Jongin informs with a now more relaxed smile, and the boy thumbs up him. 

"Deal."

 

Happy that he immediately got along well with Luhan's friends-really, he was not even going to mention Sehun anymore-Jongin finds himself at ease enough to really have fun that night. The five of them decide to go bowling, much to Sehun's joy, and Jongin is given the chance to chat with them about their life in SM, since all of them have been trainees for more than three years now. Jongin is impressed, feeling a little guilty in the bottom of his heart for how faster he was moving his steps inside the company, but the guys don't really seem to care. They treat him like a long-time friend. 

 

Junmyeon is a sweet-heart, Jongin discovers as the night proceeds, a rich man with a bright smiley face and a big heart. He pays for them all, both the bowling and the drinks they take a little later,, and this leaves a deep impression on Jongin. Minseok is not really talkative, but stands out because his face is easily recognizable and he is also full of hidden talents, behind his quiet personality. He wins all the matches at the bowling alley, and beats both Jongin and Chanyeol at ping pong. As for Chanyeol, he really is a funny guy. He would always pulls off his bright smile and say/do something dorky to make the others laugh. 

 

He had fun, really. The atmosphere felt so nice Jongin even managed to forget about all the issues he had been facing in SM since the very start. Sehun and Luhan were right, having.. friends? Was this the right word? Well, it was nice even for someone so used to loneliness as he was.

 

At the end of the night he greets the other three with a satisfied smile, promising them to meet again at the company, and offers to take Sehun home but as Minseok and Sehun appears to be almost neighbors, the cute boy informs he will take care of the younger himself.

"Jongin, it was really nice to have you with us tonight," Junmyeon says him with an angelic smile and Minseok and Chanyeol nod  "Come more often, okay?" 

He smiles shyly and then performs the bros-greeting Chanyeol had taught him, making everyone laugh. He learnt it fast.

He faces Sehun after that and his smile turns into a little grin.

"Thank you." 

And he means it, although his tone wouldn't really tell.

Apparently unimpressed, Shun shakes his head with a kinda diva-ish expression on his face. "I only did it for Luhan-hyung." 

And now, they are both grinning.

 

He greets everyone goodbye again and walks home, feeling light. He has this feeling SM will start feeling more and more comfortable if he manages to surround himself with the right people. Such a thought manages to relax him.

 

Later that night, while he is already half-asleep in his bed and his head is resting comfortably on the pillow, his phone rings shortly, taking him off guard and making him frown.

Then Jongin sees the sender of the text and his whole body shivers.

 

It was Luhan.

 

"This new chapter of your life.. I wish it could have the sweetest beginning. I sincerely hope you had fun tonight! 

Good night,

Luhan."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

Helloooooo~Everyone *-*

4th chapter, yeah?

I hope you liked it.. some friends are finally introduced after our Sehunie!

Let me know what you all think, and thank you always for the comments <3