Heart, mind and soul

Your Best Day Is Always Ahead

 

 

 

Keeping a big crush a secret was one hell of a problem, especially if you are the centre and the face of a popular South Korean boy band and your bandmates wouldn't stop teasing you endlessly and maliciously.

 

Jongin was glad Luhan was abroad for different reasons. At least, Jongin wouldn't have to feel awkward whenever the top four on his black list shamelessly in front of Luhan's blinking eyes. 

 

Everything was still a bit bothering anyway, so Jongin decided he couldn't take it anymore and looked for the only person he could have opened himself to without having to worry about grins and immaturity and teasing glares.

 

"Are you really sure we can dine here, Jongin?" Byul-noona asked with caution as she explored the beautiful restaurant Jongin brought them at. It looked chic, to start with, not to mention crowded and noisy. 

"It's a friend's restaurant," Jongin explained while leading her and Yeonsu in a privet area "He saved me a spot in the vip area, so no one will bother us."

"This sounds so cool, Oppa." exclaimed Yeonsu, big eyes looking around in amazement "You truly are a star!"

 

"I guess so?" he chuckled, letting a waiter settle them down for their dinner. 

 

He loved the place because foods were delicious and Yesung could always guarantee him privacy and freedom to feel at home and now that he thought about it, he made a mental note to try to bring Luhan with him sometime.

 

Flood of delicious food started to arrive as soon as they sat down and they all started eating comfortably, enjoying the rare moment of being all the three of them together again between Jongin's packed schedule. Yeonsu devoured an industrial amount of food as usual and Jongin had to admit she was in a very good shape for someone with that much of an appetite and the thought made him smile. She was a pro in football despite her young age and it was perfectly fine for her to eat well after all.

 

He later let her go outside and play with other kids in the restaurant's Baby Parking, taking advantage of the moment to perform a little dry cough. Byul lifted her eyes up from her dessert and raised an eyebrow.

 

"Something's wrong?"

 

Jongin stayed silent for long before he managed to formulate a sentence on what was wrong. 

 

He couldn't understand Luhan, to start with. For instance, that almost-kiss they shared on his bed and how Luhan reacted to it: naturally, thoughtlessly as he would breathe. Whenever they would touch with some intimacy, whenever Jongin would start to feel excited around him, Luhan would just blindly adapt. This something about Luhan's will to always follow Jongin's instinct bothered him, because his instinct were dangerous, most of the times, and Jongin knew Luhan couldn't understand it.

 

Couldn't Luhan see? Or did he see already, reciprocated his feelings-and if yes, at what amount-and Jongin couldn't understand?

 

He let out a big sigh, conscious it was so much to say so he just let out the most minimalistic words he could.

 

"I think I like him, noona.. I like Luhan."

 

He didn't look up at her until the complete lack of response made him worry his noona could have been watching at him with some repulsive, bothered stare all the time. To his big surprise, she looked more like bored, instead.

 

"Really, Jongin? I though you needed to talk about something the entire world doesn't know about already."

Jongin's eyes became unnatural for how wide the got.

She shrugged lightly "You can't possibly expect I didn't know, can you? Despite your poker faces, Kim Jongin, subtle is not really your thing. Whoever knows you knows also that you have a crush on Luhan." 

 

The younger boy shifted his eyes at her smooth tone, "Kyungsoo has a crush on Luhan," he specified "I like him.. in a different way."

 

"If you put it that way, than even I have a crush on him." Byul retorted amusedly "Also, what is this clarification supposed to mean?"

"Come on, noona. Don't tell me it's just okay to have feelings for a bandmate. A male bandmate."

"You have always had feelings for him, what's wrong now? What has changed?"

 

Jongin reasoned for a moment. He knew a lot had changed with time, but he couldn't find the right words to explain it. 

 

"He doesn't seem to reject me." he eventually stated, sounding quite stupid to his own ears "I've always thought it was just an obsession of mine but, what if he likes me back?" 

"Would it be a bad thing?" the woman asked, a little weirded out.

"Yes! If it was an unilateral interest I would get over it-"

"You wouldn't." she interrupted, knowingly, but Jongin tried to ignore her.

"But if Luhan actually reciprocates my feelin-"

"He does."

"Stop interrupting me!" the younger boy exploded, sending his sister a pouty look to which she only shrugged. 

"Your fault for always ignoring obvious facts."

 

He made a face for a few seconds, taking his head in his hands.

 

"If he does, what am I supposed to do?"

"Live?" she exasperatedly exclaims "What are you supposed to do, Jongin? Sign some pre matrimonial contract?"

 

The boy sent her a irritated look.

 

"Listen, Jongin. I know you are bothered about your body reacting to a boy for the first time, and having feelings after a long, and having them for a boy, but you are avoiding the main point." she looked at Jongin's questioningly expression and sighed "You told him about Yeonsu. You knew already he was just that important to you. And he longed for your closeness, too." 

 

"He wanted a family."

 

"And he found it, right?"

"That's my point, noona. He wanted a family.. and we gave him. But who can tell he wants me the same way I want him?" he tried to ignore the shameful flush forming on his cheeks, coughing a little at the sweet stare his sister sent him.

 

"He found a family, and maybe even something more. Who can tell, right? He has love floating in his eyes when he looks at you Jongin, don't let yourself be fooled by your worries and ignore what stays right in front of your eyes. Luhan loves you. As a sister, it makes me happy. He looks at you like he found a treasure and this is also how you treat him. So, what is there to be scared of?"

 

Everything, he would have wanted to say, but the words died in his throat. If Byul-noona, the person who knew him best in the entire world, could see so many things he somehow ignored, what was he waiting for?

 

"Love is not easy, Jongin." she continued after a while, observing Jongin's unfocused eyes with soft ones "But just as you admit it exists in your heart, it becomes worth fighting for."

 

Jongin felt his hands taken slowly in Byul's, the movement leading him to finally meet his sister's sweet eyes. 

 

"Love has also been mean to you, Jonginie," she concluded, tightening her hold at painful memories "And now it's making you face some difficulties. But if you accept to fight for it, this time, you could really be happy. Don't you want to be happy?"

 

Jongin wanted to be happy, he wanted it so bad.

 

The only thought he could have the chance to be happy with Luhan by his side made him want to fight for it with his whole heart, mind and soul.

 

 

Byul observed his face giving up to the obviousness of his feelings, giving him some time to somehow get over their conversation without worrying anymore. 

A light cough brought Jongin back to earth after a long while, making him look up at his sister's embarrassed face with a raised eyebrow.

 

"Actually, Jonginie, there is also something I need to tell you."

He nodded even if a bit weirded out by her sudden change of attitude, letting out a gentle smile and she breathed nervously.

 

"I've met someone."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N 

Cute and short chapter.. the next one will be way more interesting eheheh

<3