Wedding

Your Best Day Is Always Ahead

 

 

Everything moved extremely fast.

 

Jongin wasn't even given the news, that Byul's fiancé-yes, fiancé already-had become an essential part of his family's life, at the point that the entire summer had been spent in organizing the two's marriage. 

He felt taken aback, terrified at the solely idea of his noona becoming some almost stranger's wife, and he had to fight back his own feelings not to make Byul nervous as he was.

She seemed happy, truly happy, and that made his heart soar. He didn't feel ready to share his beloved sister, yes, but he knew he had to accept her life choices as the grown up, wonderful woman she was, and actually managed to even like his husband-to-be a little after their first dinner together. A little, just a little.

 

"He is an amazing man," the others would try to tell him "You can see it by looking at his face already."

 

And probably they were right. Kang Dongho was a respectable lawyer, a great worker and a big-hearted man who volunteered at doghouses in his free time. He also seemed very nice, both with Byul and Yeonsu for what Jongin had observed, and he slowly started telling himself he should be happy just like Byul was. 

 

"I understand you," Luhan once told him on the phone while staying abroad with the other five boys "At least, I wish I could. If I had been lucky enough to have a sister, beautiful like Byul-noona is, I would totally freak out on her having a boyfriend."

Jongin chuckled at the boy's words, feeling sorry for the lack of fraternal love Luhan had always felt among other things "You are so cute. And thank you for understanding.. it's not easy at all."

 

And just like other times, Luhan seemed to be the one and only who could understand him like no one else ever did.

 

So now here they all are, handsome and a bit trembling in their suits, standing outside the Church were the ceremony would have been hold surrounded by few unknown guests and a beautiful Yeonsu in her white, dreamy dress as the maid she was.

 

"Shame on noona for choosing such a ty month for her marriage." 

 

Baekhyun's helpless whine makes Jongin look up at him with annoyance, teeth dangerously gritting. 

 

"What?" the younger boy exclaims, a hand on his blonde hair while Chanyeol silently mouths him to shut up "It's almost fall, the weather is horrible." 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, "It's not like there are specific months for the weather to be nice, you idiot."

"Summer it's better!" 

"But summer is wet." Tao suddenly butts in, continuously touching his hair as well and Baekhyun glares.

"Autumn is more." 

 

"Just shut up, would you?" Jongin silently hisses, in such a dark way that the two boys shivers, receiving scolding looks from the others and from a particularly attentive Luhan who is now patting Jongin's back sweetly. 

 

"Oppa, you are handsome." Yeonsu blinks at Baekhyun with a naive smile "No need to worry about your hair."

The boy lets out a pleased laughs at the little girl's words and hurries to give her a hug, "You are beautiful as well, Yeonsu."

She smiles brightly, looking for her brother's eyes to speak again "And I want to look this beautiful on my Jongin-oppa's wedding as well, so oppa, hurry up and ask Luhan-oppa to marry you before I get too old!" 

 

There is a long, heavy silence following Yeonsu's bright and innocent words that only breaks when most of the EXO's members burst out laughing so hard and noisily the  other guests of the wedding turn to look at them is shock. 

 

Luhan has greeted his normal skin color forever as a strong pink takes all over his body, his ears almost burning and chest pumping frenetically while the rest of his body has completely turned into stone. Besides him Jongin stays in no better conditions, eyes wide and lips glued together, embarrassment flowing inside his body and making it almost shake. His mind has gotten so blank and shamelessly humiliated he doesn't even manage to scold Yeonsu for saying something so compromising. 

 

The loud laughter from the boys around don't help the cause, of course, and Jongin is so frozen he doesn't even manage to kick Baekhyun, Jongdae, Sehun and Chanyeol's butts hard, or even to glance deadly at the others and their amused expressions. Even the Chinese members are laughing their asses off after a moment of stunned silence in which they hadn't been really sure they got the right words. 

Kyungsoo tried to recover himself quickly, letting out a shaking "Yeonsu, you shouldn't say these kind of things, you'll embarrass them!" at the baby's pouting and clueless expression but not really believing his own words himself.

 

"Embarrassed for what?" she asks, still pouting and frowning to everyone "What did I say that makes you all laugh so much? I want to laugh, too!"

 

"Oh god." Jongin eventually says, burying his face in his palms while besides him Luhan still doesn't react despite Tao and Yixing poking his cheeks teasingly. 

 

Kids, Jongin can only think. Everything is so easy for them is not even funny.

Even if his still laughing bandmates wouldn't agree, probably. 

 

 

--

 

 

They somehow manage to get out of the humiliating moment, most like after being forced to, as Byul has finally arrived, beautiful in her simple wedding dress.

 

The wedding celebration is somehow touching, as Jongin can notice few people sharing tears during its length, and also quite short for his immense joy. 

Jongdae sings a beautiful song near the end of it and suddenly he feels overwhelmed by the beauty of that all. Jongdae's voice, a bandmate of his singing for his sister's wedding, Byul's happiness shining bright and her beauty stunning him into silence. Everything, everything is beautiful, Jongin finally admits to himself, and he sincerely wishes his sister all the happiness in the world. 

 

The ceremony is not as pompous as he expected it to be considering Dongho's wealth, but appears to be enjoyable and very discrete, with only family's members from the man's family and closest friends together with the three of them, some of Byul's closest colleagues and his bandmates. A total of not even 50 people overall, probably. 

 

They eat, meat people-and also some fans, surprisingly- and Jongin sees himself, together with Yeonsu, quite shuttered around to meet Dongho's family for two entire hours before dinner is served. He smiles thankfully at his new brother-in-law whenever he would pat his back supportively at his introducing Yeonsu as his little sister. Of course Dongho knew, and Jongin was truly thankful for him being so comprehensive. He made him felt like he wasn't alone anymore in trying to take care of Byul and Yeonsu anymore, and he once again felt really happy. 

 

The day flies away together with food, smiles, dances and his bandmates' performances for the ceremony. Even Luhan finds the courage to perform a song at one point, leaving Jongin so happy and shivering at his beautiful voice he has to be told to control his face by an annoyed Kyungsoo. How helpless he was. 

Thinking about it, he hasn't really confronted Luhan during the entire day directly. He was not running away from him, he simply had been busy being the bride's brother he had even forgotten about the little embarrassing moment in the morning. He suddenly feels the urge to look for him, alone, and make sure we hasn't been too bothered or annoyed by the incident. 

 

He eyes him for a while as he is dancing with Sehun and Minseok, beautiful and manly at the same time in his suit, looking even more stunning than usual with his blonde hair in an elegant hairstyle. He also stares at him when he excuses himself from his dancing partners and walks towards what Jongin thinks could be the restroom, and hurriedly follows. 

 

He finds Luhan washing his face with some water, a little bit sweaty and heated up by his dancing.

 

"Hey." he says hesitantly, a little smile on his face, and Luhan turns his wet face to him with a blinking expression.

"Jongin." he then says, opening up into a bright smile despite the glimpse of embarrassment on his high cheeks.

 

Jongin is  glad to see him smiling. He touches the back of his neck in distress. 

 

"I have been a little absent today, sorry." he starts, slowly "Also, sorry for this morning. Luhan, really, sorry."

"What for?" the other says, not really convinced but still sending a reassuring smile to Jongin "I wasn't bothered." he honestly tells and frowns a little at Jongin's eyes getting wider "I mean, I know you were but-"

"I wasn't." Jongin hurries to clarify, instinctively shaking his hands in front of Luhan's face. "I mean, well.. I wan't expecting it."

 

They stay silent for a while, blaming themselves for their brilliant behavior.

 

"It was kind of funny." Luhan tries then, careful to catch a glimpse of irritation on Jongin's face but it never shows.

Instead, Jongin looks almost delighted. "Yeah? Me too.." 

 

They look attentively into each other before letting themselves go in a shy laughter, seeking for the other's body's closeness unknowingly. 

 

Luhan is brushing Jongin's knee as he seeks for Jongin's eyes. The other looks up to find beautiful eyes gazing at him in an intense, attentive way.

 

"Why do you think.. she said that?" Luhan tries and Jongin only keeps on looking, unsure on what to answer. He finds himself at a loss of words and thinks the best thing to do is to let his body speak for him, as usual, so he lets his hand fly to Luhan's cheek, leaving a soft caress on it and shivering at the breathless reaction he gets.

 

"I guess even she can see," he whispers with a low, shaking voice, sensing Luhan's shivers through his hand "How much I like you." 

 

Before he can even think about it he has pulled Luhan closer to him, slowly and hesitating, to place a soft, breathing kiss on the other's soft lips. The lips he has been dying over for so long he feels like losing his mind now.

 

It only lasts a second, if not even less, but it feels like forever. He moves away, taken aback by his own gesture, hand sliding quickly down the other boy's cheeks and eyes staring at the floor. His heart messing up with his chest is not helping in trying to reason a little so he figures he just can't reason at all, and without even bothering thinking Luhan, frozen Luhan, is still right in front of him, he starts to move around to leave. 

 

He is stopped by Luhan's hand firmly wrapping around the jacket of his tux and pulling him back. 

 

Only then he manages to meet Luhan's eyes, his insecure, beautiful and glittering eyes, and his whole body feels like breaking apart in million of pieces.

 

"Don't leave." Luhan pleads, brave enough to stare into Jongin's eyes without feeling the urge to look away and Jongin is shocked by how firm and serious he looks. 

This has to be a side of Luhan Jongin has never seen, a side of Luhan that would fight for what he wanted.

 

Jongin figures he must be one of those things because Luhan has never looked more brave yet scared at the same time. 

 

His body moves towards the other slowly at the sensation and he loses his breath when Luhan opens up into a little, shy smile and follows to meet him halfway. His eyes shines in Jongin's ones, so beautifully Jongin feels happiness filling his entire body up completely. 

It felt like Luhan was trying to tell him 'Don't leave, idiot. This is where you should have always been. Besides me."

 

He feels his lips curving into a sincere smile. 

 

His trembling body manages to meet Luhan's one. He lets his arm seek for Luhan's shoulders and pull him close, sweet yet tight, and he walks out the toilet with Luhan's hands caressing his hip slowly. Happiness bursts.

 

Nothing ever felt so right.

 

 

 

A/N

So, what can I say..... They finally kissed!

I'm happy for them, they are so sow aren't they?

Let me knwo what you think on the chapter.. and thank you always for reading and commenting! <3