Chapter 7

Breaking Barriers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n - Italics are little flashbacks

 

 

 

 

Eunhyuk walked in through the school gates, happy because he had won his dance competition and had had a great date with his boyfriend and had missed him like crazy and couldn’t wait to see him again. Strangely Kyuhyun hadn’t contacted him after their date and hadn’t replied to all his text messages either and it had left Eunhyuk feeling…well…withdrawal symptoms. Silly yes, but Eunhyuk missed Kyuhyun terribly.

 

Eunhyuk skipped down the hall to his classroom where he was met with many whispering classmates, some of whom were looking at him strangely, a little with pity and a little with disgust. He cocked his head to the left, blinking cutely in confusion, wondering why he was suddenly the centre of attention so early on a Monday morning but he didn’t have much time to ponder on it as Siwon walked up to him, an apologetic expression on his face and lips set in a thin line.

 

“What’s wrong Siwonnie? Why do you look so upset?”

 

But before Siwon could answer, in walked Kyuhyun….and a girl in his arms.

 

And Eunhyuk felt his heart squeeze painfully in his chest as a hundred different questions materialized into his head, the most important one being, ‘Who the hell was that girl to Kyuhyun?’

 

His question was answered as the girl, one that Eunhyuk recognized as one of the queens of the school, propped herself up on his toes and placed a lingering kiss at the corner of Kyuhyun’s lips, the gesture looking so innocent yet so suggestive and Eunhyuk could literally hear the blood rushing into his ears as the sounds lulled around him.

 

He felt numb. He felt hurt.

 

And Kyuhyun was the one hurting him.

 

Eunhyuk blinked his eyes, willing away the sharp heat spreading across his eyeballs, warning of the imminent tears to come and he sure as hell did not want to make a scene and he also did not want to jump to conclusions because maybe it wasn’t what it seemed to be.

 

But then, “Good Morning,” greeted a cold voice as eyes turned towards Siwon and Eunhyuk, eyes that looked just as cold as its owner’s voice, “Meet my girlfriend, Mijee.”

 

And that’s when Eunhyuk’s heart broke completely. He didn’t hear his classmates taunting him, laughing at him for being a ,

 

…because how would they know that he liked men?

 

He didn’t hear them mocking him for falling in love with Kyuhyun

 

…How the hell would they know that indeed he was in love with Kyuhyun? The same damn Kyuhyun who still had his arm around the waist of the giggling Mijee.

 

He didn’t feel them tormenting him that Kyuhyun was straight and that he was probably playing with him

 

…How the would they know when he himself didn’t know? Didn’t know that he was being played. Didn’t know that he had gone and given his heart to someone, trusting him, only to have it thrown away so brutally, so heartlessly. How could he possibly feel the torment when Kyuhyun was giving him the most pain…and so suddenly.

 

“Kyu-Kyuhyun?” he  asked, almost cringing at how weak and broken h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter