Chapter 15

Breaking Barriers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey ! Can’t you go eat somewhere else? You’re making the cafeteria stink.” Someone shouted from ahead as Eunhyuk entered the cafeteria. Snickers and catcalls followed the boys comment, again encouraging the idiot.

 

“It’s probably you. We can smell your stench from a mile away.” Eunhyuk retorted, not missing a beat. “Do you even know what the functions of a shower and soap is?”

 

“ you, you !” the surprised bully returned, not smart nor fast enough to come up with an insult and not definitely not expecting his prey to fight back. Eunhyuk rolled his head, closing his eyes before opening them suddenly, fixing the boy in a piercing eye lock. “And that’s the best you can come up with? Looking at your ugly face makes me want to puke. It must be hard looking in the mirror every day. You’re ugly as and you stink…life is so unfair to you” His voice seemed smooth and calm but the underlying coldness could not be missed.

 

The noise of the previously blustering cafeteria was suddenly lulled, it was quiet almost, surprising because the cafeteria was indeed full and it was never quite like this. There was stillness in the air, an air of anticipation even, to see the been beaten up was a pleasure they had missed for a month after all.

 

The boys face paled considerably as he blanched, not expecting the reply from the previously weak boy. He could feel the expectant eyes on him, eager for him to do something more. He was a loud boy, bark stronger than his bite. He wasn’t a fighter but the atmosphere had him feeling all manly and he had to show the puny punk his place.

 

“W-What the did you say to me?” he hollered, angry at being shown up in front of the teeming cafeteria.

 

“Oh. You aren’t only hideous, you’re dumb too. Your parents must feel really sorry for you. It must be hard for a dumb like you to keep up with life. Let me say it real slow now. Listen carefully okay? You are ugly. And you make me want to puke.” The last two sentences said really slowly, as though explaining to a child. It wasn’t kind though, it was mocking and sarcastic.

 

Eunhyuk’s friends chuckled behind him as he mocked the shocked bully in front of him.

 

“You er!” the boy cursed, angered even more by the chuckles before striking at Eunhyuk, his fist brushing the air just next to Eunhyuk’s ear when Eunhyuk was pushed away slightly by Sungmin. The boy fell flat on his when Minho quickly followed Sungmin’s actions and raised his leg and kicking the boy on his midriff.

 

“I don’t think you want to try anymore. Or do you want to go against all of us.” Siwon bent down towards the boy, his face close to the now extremely frightened boy because this was two of the school karate champions and Siwon whose bulky frame was enough to have anyone fear a little.

 

And then there was Eunhyuk, who radiated the darkest aura out of all of them, glaring, fists clenched and jaws locked.

 

“Anyone else here have a problem with Eunhyukkie?” Minho asked, his voice loud and clear, ringing across the wide dining hall. Heads bowed and eyes shifted, unable to and not wanting to, make eye contact with the glaring boy.

 

The boy got up, wanting to save at least a little of his battered dignity and he launched himself once again at Eunhyuk, only to be punche

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter