Chapter 9 (Wait, what?)

♥ The One ♥

 

The next day, I found myself waiting at the park for Pyo.

 

I called him last night after Kyung left and we arranged to meet at the park before going over to his hangout. At first, he insisted he couldn't make it but he probably sensed my disappointment over the phone and agreed, although I sensed reluctancy when he agreed.

 

10 minutes later he arrived and greeted me with his usual hug, sending the butterflies in my stomach fluttering again. I wished he would just hug me all day. 

 

"You done with revisions?" He asked me.

 

I nodded.

 

"You?"

 

"Yeah I guess you can say I'm done with them" He said, smiling.

 

We talked as we walked to his hangout, the place where he hangs out with his guys.

 

"Did you have to cancel some appointment to come meet me?" I asked, feeling slightly guilty.

 

"Ummm, nah it's… nothing…" His voice was shaky.

 

That's weird, I thought but all thoughts were banished when I felt his hand trying to pry into mine. His fingers intertwined with mine.

 

Oh. My. God. 

 

I was blushing crazily and Pyo just had to make it worse by smiling cheekily at me.

 

"What's wrong Alexa?" He asked coyly.

 

I could only manage a shy smile. Who would have thought this day would arrive? I'd never imagined that  I'd be here holding hands with Pyo Jihoon.

 

-

 

When we reached his hangout, I was amazed by how… dirty the place was! It was like a pig sty!

 

Pyo friends stood up when I arrived and I was weirded out by the quizzical look on their faces.

 

"But I thought you're still…" Minhyuk, or also more popular by the name B-bomb, broke the silence.

 

I saw Pyo glaring at him and B-Bomb backed off. What?

 

"Hi there! Alexa right? I'm YuKwon but I prefer it without the Y" 

 

I accepted his handshake as I nodded. YuKwon had such a nice, friendly smile.

 

"You should know me, I'm Jaehyo" said this really good-looking guy while smoothing out his fringe.

 

"Sup? Name's Zico." said a cool-looking dreadlock-headed guy.

 

"Hello Alexa, I'm Taeil." said this really shy guy before he sat back down.

 

Aahhh, so this were his friends. I smiled, waving at them. They were a bunch of cool, laidback people.

 

I sat quietly on the couch beside Taeil as I watched them practice. Pyo and Zico were having a rap battle while B-Bomb and U-Kwon were coordinating their dance moves infront of a huge mirror. Taeil on the other hand was surfing the net on his laptop.

 

Pyo looked so cool rapping. Occasionally, he would glance back at me and flash me a smile. 

 

"Hey Alexa, I need to tell you something." Taeil suddenly nudged me.

 

He then flashed me his laptop screen that had words that read;

 

Stay away from Pyo. You're too nice of a girl to be with someone like him. Please just stay away from him.

 

I was dumbfounded. What on earth was this guy talking about? Why is he, of all people, telling me to stay away from Pyo?! I only met him minutes ago! I didn't know what to feel nor do. I wasn't angry but I wasn't sad either. 

 

"What are you talking about?" I whispered.

 

"I don't know if I should be telling you this but…"

 

My conversation with Taeil was interrupted by a tall, skinny, pretty girl who was standing by the door saying,

 

"Pyo, you there?"