Chapter 6 (Love?)

♥ The One ♥

 

After school, I walked to the front gate to wait for Kyung as usual. My heart ached when there was no sign of him. I guess he was still mad at me. I trudged back home wearily.

 

Halfway home, I heard my name being called.

 

"Alexa, wait up!"

 

To my astonishment, Pyo was running towards me. Excitement rolled over me in waves, was today my lucky day or what?

 

"Alexa, hey, I wanted to ask if you could come to the library with me tomorrow and help me out with my math. Is that alright? Unless…" Pyo's voice trailed off.

 

I stiffled a giggle.

 

"But why me? I'm no genius in math!" I exclaimed.

 

"Well.. I just thought that maybe we could… ummm" Pyo stammered, scratching his head sheepishly.

 

My face turned lobster-red when I realized what he meant.

 

"Umm, yeah, of course I'd like to" I said, my voice shaking suddenly.

 

"Really? That's great!" His face lit up as he said that.

 

"I'll be on my way now then! Zico's gonna kill me for being so late!" He flashed me a peace sign and waved before turning around to set off on his journey again.

 

I grabbed his arm. 

 

"But hey, what happened to your bike?"  I shot him a quizzical look.

 

He looked down to where my hand was grabbing his arm. I let go immediately, embarrassed. He only smiled sheepishly.

 

"No more riding till you pass those exams of yours!" He imitated what I believe was his mom.

 

I laughed. Can this guy get any cuter? 

 

" Alrighy then! You better go now or you'll be dead!" I said, pushing him lightly.

 

Instead of leaving, he stopped and stepped closer to me until his face got really close to mine. My heart pounded hard and fast. His face was only centimeters away from mine. I recognized the smell his perfume. I stopped breathing.

He slowly reached out a finger and tapped my nose.  He smiled shyly and turned away to leave, only after killing me with a wink.

 

I watched as his figure grew smaller and smaller in size in the distance until it diminished. I wanted to melt into a puddle. 

 

What is this that my heart is feeling? This namja is trying to kill me. In fact, I was already dying. Not that I mind. At least I was dying happy. 

 

My heart swelled and I walked with a spring in my steps all the way back home, where I spent hours and hours on my bed replaying that particular scene in my head over and over again.

 

Is this one of the strange things you do when you're in love?