Chapter 12 (How could you?)

♥ The One ♥

 

It took great effort to push the huge gym doors open.

 

"Alexa! You look so pretty!" I heard someone saying.

 

I turned around to see my classmate, Nicolette, beaming at me. I was surprised she could recognize me even though I was wearing a mask.

 

"Thanks Nicol, you look beautiful" I smiled nervously and gave her a quick hug before I pushed my way through the crowd.

 

WHERE IS THIS NAMJA PYO JIHOON?! I was going crazy. Although everyone around me was wearing a mask, I knew I could spot Pyo easily, after all these years of staring at him.

 

"Dateless?" I recognized the voice.

 

Of course it was the bxtch from my class. I ignored her. My eyes were frantically searching for Pyo.

 

WHERE COULD HE BE?

 

My mind was in a whirl. My stomach was churning. I was practically sick with anxiety. I fought down fresh feelings of panic and forced myself to go get a drink and calm down.

 

As I filled my cup with some punch juice, that was when I saw him.

 

With his hands wrapped around the tiny waist of the tall, skinny girl I saw from the other day.

He had a huge smile on his face.

I managed to tear my eyes away from them before he leaned in to kiss the girl.

 

No, I did not do anything dramatic like dropping my cup or collapsing onto the floor. But what I did was that I set down my cup and walked calmly towards the washroom.

 

As calm as I tried to stay, I swear I could hear my heart shatter into a million pieces.

 

I locked myself up in one of the cubicles.

 

I ripped off my mask.

 

Tears welled up in my eyes as I felt my world collapse.

 

 I let my tears flow down my cheeks, my neck and onto my dress. I did not care about looking pretty anymore. I broke out into loud, uncontrollable sobs which escalated into wails. I  kicked the door in frustration. 

 

Why… why did Pyo do this to me?

 

Why… why must this happen to me?

 

What was my heart feeling? Anger, sadness, embarrassment, disappointment.. every single emotion was mixed up in my little heart. 

 

It was of no use trying to wipe away my tears, for they keep flowing out. My heart ached terribly. 

 

"You in there?" A raspy male voice called out.