Chapter 11 (Prom!)

♥ The One ♥

 

Kyung's face lit up as his eyes widened.

 

"You…look…amazing!" Kyung exclaimed.

 

"Aww stop it Kyungie" I pretended to be shy as I spinned infront of the mirror, checking my dress out.

 

We were at Diamond's. The place was amazing, it had the nicest dresses and tuxedos for prom! Kyung and I planned to visit this place after finals ended, and so he we are! Finals had gone by very quickly and I had a good feeling about them. Even if the results aren't up to expectations, I had done my best!

 

Putting that all aside, prom is just in a few days! I had picked out a turquoise dress. It was simple yet so pretty! It was THE dress. It even came with a matching mask!

 

"I mean it, Alexa." 

 

I turned around to face him. I surveyed him closely and stepped closer to him to tighten his tie.

 

As I smoothened out the crinkles on his tuxedo, I said,

 

"You're not bad-looking either Kyungie."

 

I laughed at him when I saw him blush crazily.

 

I linked my arm into his and we stood in front of the mirror, checking out ourselves.

 

"We look good, don't we Kyung?" I said, while whipping out my phone.

 

"We look perfect." He said.

 

"It's just too bad we aren't going together." He continued, before pouting as he posed for a selca with me.

 

-

 

THE day finally arrived.

 

I woke up at 9am exactly, after 10 hours of beauty sleep. I was in a good mood. I had every reason to be happy.

 

Because first of all, I woke up with no zits. Second, I probably have the nicest dress among the girls. And third, I waited for four years for this night to arrive and to make it even better, the guy whom I have had a crush on ever since I stepped into secondary school had asked me to go as his date.

 

Life's good.

 

I wore a bright smile on my face as I plopped myself down in front of my dressing table after a shower and started with my makeup. Prom's only at 5pm but I was already getting ready because I wanted everything to be perfect. I wanted this night to be the best night of my life. A night that I will always remember.

 

-

 

At 4.00pm, I received a text from Kyung,

 

"Alexa, I'm sorry I can't make it. I just woke up and I'm down with a really bad flu. I lost my voice, so don't bother calling me. I'm really sorry Alexa :( Have fun :)"

 

My heart ached after reading that text. Why did he have to fall sick at this time?! It to be at prom without my best friend around. I sulked.

 

I sighed as I typed,

 

"WHAT?! Are you serious? Kyung, don't do this to me! :( "

 

Just as I hit the send button, my phone buzzed again.

 

My heart skipped a beat when I realized Pyo had sent me a text too! Now, don't tell me he's sick too!

 

"Alexa babe, I'm so sorry but I can't pick you up. Something important came up at the last minute. But I'll meet you by the entrance at 5.00pm alright? I'm so sorry <3 "

 

I wanted to scream to vent out my frustration. Why are all these stupid things happening to me?! I slammed my phone on the table after I replied what was supposed to be an angry text in which I replied with only an "Ok"

 

I was pissed alright but at least he was still going with me! Worse things could have happened so I took a deep breath and keep calm as I finished curling the rest of my hair.

 

-

 

As soon as Dad dropped me off by the school gate, (yes, my school holds proms at school unlike the neighboring schools who holds theirs at some fancy hotel or chalet ) , I looked around immediately for Pyo. Was God playing a trick on me? My heart sank as I saw no sign of him. I was already 10 minutes late but he still isn't here? 

 

I texted and called him numerous times but they went unanswered. I started to panic. What if something had happened to him? What if he got into an accident on his way here? 

 

"No, Alexa, no. Don't think of such things!" I thought to myself.

 

I guess my face wasn't doing a good job at hiding my feelings because people were staring at me quizzically.

 

Just as I was about to call him for the millionth time, it was then I saw it.

 

His black bike parked just right across the carpark.

 

Oh.