Chapter 3 (OH MY GOD)

♥ The One ♥

 

" To all graduating students, the night is finally here! Prom is only a few weeks away! This year, the theme will be 'Masquerade'. Please dress appropriately and do come in pairs! The best-dressed couple will win attractive prizes!Please get your tickets from the student leaders! ", the brochure read.

 

"Oooh, masquerade! That's a nice theme" I said, grinning.

 

I tucked the brochure neatly into my file. The idea of finally going to an actual prom and having to go as pairs made me excited. That one guy popped up in my mind at the thought of that.

 

"Before that, we need to get over this obstacle first." Kyung reminded me, tapping my books with his pencil.

 

School had already ended but Kyung and I decided to pay the library a visit and hit the books since finals were approaching. I sulked, it hasn't even started but I'm already wishing for it to be over.

 

"I'm tired. And thirsty. I'll go get a drink and come back quickly okay? Do you want anything?" I asked.

 

Kyung only shook his head in disappointment. I guess he was tired of my many excuses to take a break.

 

 

 

As I was finishing up my orange juice, I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

 

I nearly screamed. It was Pyo. He had taken me by surprise. What did he want from me? I felt my heart pounding against my chest, he was even more handsome up close.

 

"Sorry, could you please step aside? I wanna get a drink." He said politely, flashing his pearl-white teeth at me.

 

"Oh, I'm so so sorry" I muttered. I could feel my cheeks getting flushed. God, I was such an elephant for blocking the vending machine.

 

"Nah, it's okay. Alexa, right?" He asked while inserting coins into the machine.

 

Oh My God! He knows my name! I thought, nodding my head calmly although I felt like jumping for joy.

 

"Pyo Jihoon" He said, pointing to himself.

 

Psshh, as if I didn't know that.

 

"Correct me if I'm wrong but you're the girl who topped the level for Arts and Music appreciation class, right?" He asked, sipping on his hot chocolate.

 

"No need for correction." I answered. I nearly slapped myself, why did I say something so lame? But I guessed he didn't catch on my lameness because he smiled warmly at me.

 

"You're very talented, you know that?" 

 

I could only smile, my cheeks lighted up like warning signs.

 

We chatted for a while as we waited for his hot drink to cool down. I found out that he enjoys listening to music, like me. He told me he couldn't draw for nuts but has a reasonably good knowledge about art.

 

" Probably because my mom's the director of Stella Studio "  He explained.

 

" Stella Studio? That's a place I've been wanting to visit!" I exclaimed. 

 

I told him about how I've always dreamed about having my very own piece of work hanging up in the prestigious place but hardly gathered courage to even visit the place.

 

"Then maybe you'd like to go with me this weekend since I have to drop by and get some things down. Plus, I can get you in for free. But hey no pressure or anything. " Pyo said and winked at me.

 

Of course I'd like to go! I've been waiting for 4 freaking years for this moment to arrive!

 

"I'd like that. " I said cooly.

 

He then jotted down my number and bid farewell to me.

 

"See you this weekend" 

 

Making sure he already left, I squealed in delight and ran up the stairs and dashed into the library.

 

"Kyung! My lovely chingu Kyung! You won't believe what just happened!" I exclaimed.

 

I told him everything that happened, in precise details but was interrupted by the harsh shushing of the annoying librarian.

 

"Aahh, you must be happy then. Good for you, Alexa." Kyung whispered in my ear.

 

" Of course I am." I replied, drawing gazillion of hearts on my biology textbook.

 

Kyung then plugged in his Beats and was suddenly very interested in the Math sums. I almost thought I saw him frowning.