My Best Friend

♥ The One ♥

 

Back at home, Kyung was lying face-up on my bedroom floor with his arms crossed below his head. He had his Beats plugged in and was listening to some hip hop music. I thought he looked cute lip-syncing.

 

We have been the bestest  of friends ever since we were seven, so that makes our friendship 10 years old. I loved Kyung to death, he's a great listener and is someone whom you could depend on. He's funny and smart too. We first met at a drawing class and we found out that we both loved drawing and music, which is what was responsible for making us instant best friends. He wasn't like the other typical guys in my school, I mean sure, he's a guy and all but Kyung's not THAT kind of friend, he's just… my special friend, so my parents trust him.  Most people would mistake us for a couple at first glance because we were so close but of course we are not. We proved people wrong though, a guy and a girl can be best friends. Well there was that one time where I had the tiniest crush on him but snapped out of it almost immediately because I know the consequences of lurking into the relationship zone. I appreciate and enjoy Kyung's company and I definitely do not want to ruin our friendship with this love thing. 

 

"Ay, why are you looking at my ulzzang face? Go finish up your homework." Kyung said cheekily.

 

I flashed him a smile and hit him lightly with my pillow before continuing my work but I could not concentrate.

 

" You saw him looking into my direction and nodding at me right, Kyung? Why do you think he did that?" I asked, pulling out his Beats.

 

"Yes and I don't know. How many times have you asked me, Alexa? " He remarked before flicking my forehead.

 

I rubbed my forehead. I hated it when he did that.

 

" Well then, do you think he likes me?" I asked coyly, the butterflies in my stomach squirming.

 

"It was just a nod, Alexa. It was not as if he kissed you or something. Don't get your hopes up too high." He said curtly before shoving his Beats back in.

 

Well, that was unexpected. Rude too. 

 

I felt my face turning red with anger. Pyo Jihoon, who hasn't noticed me during that damned four years of crushing on him,  and he finally did and you're telling me not to get my hopes high?!

 

I got up in a heft and kicked my books aside before jumping onto my bed in annoyance.

 

"Alexa, hey, Alexa. Don't get mad, I didn't mean it to sound rude." Kyung said softly.

 

He climbed onto the bed to snuggle up next to me but I quickly pushed him off.

 

"You know my Mom trusts you but you also know that she said my bed's out of boundaries don't you?" I muttered.

 

"I'm sorry, Alexa, really, I am..." Kyung whispered and pouted his lips.

 

It wasn't possible to stay mad at Kyung for long. I laughed and pulled him into a bear hug.

 

"So he likes me right, Kyung?" I whispered into his ear, teasing him.

 

I could feel his chest expanding and contracting as he sighed and patted my back.

 

"Maybe he does, Alexa, maybe…" His voice trailed off.

 

And that was enough to put a smile on my face and the butterflies in my stomach started flying all around again.