Chapter 14 (My heart, my bruised heart...)

♥ The One ♥

 

My phone has over 50 missed calls and over a 100 unread text messages.

 

It's Sunday and it's been about a week since prom night and boy, it's been one of the worst weeks I've had to go through. The painful feelings were as fresh as ever and it feels like as if someone had reached into my chest and pulled my heart out, stomped on it and returned it to me.

 

Kyung had left with his family on a holiday trip Bali the next day after prom and will only be returning tonight. I can't imagine what it will be like, having to face him after what had happened that night. Will we be able to stay the same as before?

 

In this past week, I mostly wasted my time away in bed thinking and just thinking.  

I thought about Pyo. I thought about Kyung. 

 

Sometimes, tears start to well up in my eyes whenever the scene, where I saw Pyo and that girl and how his hand had crept up to her waist and how he had leaned in to kiss her, replays in my head. 

Sometimes, tears would start to fall uncontrollably whenever I thought about how Pyo had let me down so hard after bringing me up so high. I had honestly thought he liked me. He had took me out on dates and whispered to me sweet-nothings so why had he done such a thing to me? I was confused but I didn't want to respond to his texts that began with " I can explain… " . 

 

But mostly, I thought about what Kyung had said to me. About how he had confessed to me. About how horrible I felt when I felt his tears on my face. About how he said he loves me.

 

-

 

On Monday, I trudged back to school with a heavy heart. We all had to return to school to get our results back and boy, I wasn't in the mood for all this. I couldn't care less about my grades right now. My eyes had betrayed me and were swollen as hell from all the crying. I called Kyung last night but he didn't answer. I was worried sick. Was he ignoring me or was he just too tired?

 

As I stopped by my locker to clear it out for school break, I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

 

I froze. Was it Kyung or Pyo? I wasn't ready to face either of them.

 

"Alexa?"

 

I recognized the voice. I turned around to see Taeil looking at me.

 

"Are you alright? I heard what happened." 

 

I shrugged my shoulders. If he was here to tell me 'I-told-you-so', I will kick him.

 

"I'm not here to tell you I told you so but rather, I'm sorry. For what happened."

 

Had he read my mind?

 

"Why are you sorry? You've done nothing wrong. I should be the one apologizing for not listening to you."

 

"I don't know… I feel like it's my fault. I feel like I should I have done something. Or else, you wouldn't have ended up like this." He motioned to my eyes.

 

I laughed, embarrassed. 

 

"I tried to tell him, you know. That he shouldn't be using you to get his ex-girlfriend back. But you know Pyo. He's really stubborn." He continued.

 

Oh. So that was the reason why. It wasn't doing any justice to my heart but at least I now know the reason why Pyo had done that to me. As much as I wouldn't like to admit it, Pyo had used me. That jerk.

 

"It's okay, Taeil. It's my fault. I should have listened to you. But I guess what's done is done. happens." I said.

 

Taeil laughed.

 

"You're a nice girl, Alexa. Pyo was wrong for doing that to you. Oh well, it's his loss." He smiled at me.

 

"So you'll be alright, I reckon?" Taeil asked.

 

I nodded.

 

"Thanks Taeil. You're a really nice guy."

 

He laughed once again.

 

"My pleasure. I'll see you around." He smiled at me before going off.

 

I shut the locker and leaned against it.

 

My mind was racing with wild thoughts. I felt my heart thumping against my chest. I took a deep breath.

 

No, Alexa, don't cry. He's not worth your tears. 

 

And for the first time, I managed to fight my tears back.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I'm reaching my final chapter! Sigh, I really don't want to end this story D: How do guys like my story so far? ^^