Chapter 7 (I think I love you but I know that I miss you)

♥ The One ♥

 

"So…"

 

"So…"

 

We both said it at the same time, causing us to break out into laughter. We were sitting across each other in the school library. It felt different today being with him, awkward actually having to face him after yesterday.

 

"Let's start with this sum and tell me if you need help." I suggested.

 

Instead of doing revisions of my own, I watched him. He had furrowed his eyebrows in concentration, his lips pouting slightly and I watched as his pencil go 'tap, tap, tap' against his chin. Is it possible for a guy to look cute even when doing math problems? Apparently, yes. 

 

The butterflies were fluttering in my stomach.

 

"Concentrate Alexa, concentrate." Pyo said suddenly, his eyes were still on his book but he was beaming.

 

I felt my cheeks turning red. I wanted to slam my head against the table.

 

"You mustn't have been concentrating either Pyo, having caught me looking at you" I said, slapping his hand lightly.

 

We both giggled and promised to concentrate from then on. However, every now and then, I sensed him looking at me. I was guilty of not concentrating too, I just couldn't help it.

 

As we wrapped up for the day, he told me that as much as he would like to, he couldn't walk me home as he had to meet someone. With him apologizing profusely, I lied to him that it's okay even though my heart sank in disappointment.

 

He gave me a quick hug before we parted ways and thanked me for today. I still got very excited when our bodies made contact.

 

As I turned a corner to set off, I bumped right into Kyung.

 

My eyes widened as wide as his did.

 

Without a word, he took me by the hand and led me all the way to my house.

 

-

 

As he slumped into the chair in my bedroom, he looked at me with an arched eyebrow and with his arms folded.

 

" Do you have anything to say to me Alexa?" 

 

I looked at him. I hated him for doing this to me, making me feel guilty, horrible and pathetic.

 

"I'm sorry Kyung. I didn't mean to shout at you the other day. I really am." I whispered.

 

He got up from his seat and walked towards me.

 

"You and that guy. Any thing going on?" He questioned.

 

I remained silent. Was anything actually going on between Pyo and I? I wasn't sure. But what I was sure of was that, I absolutely did not want to talk about Pyo to Kyung. I didn't want him to get angry at me again.

 

Kyung sighed.

 

"I'm telling you Alexa. It's better that you stay away from him…  The other day, I saw him.." Kyung said but I interrupted him.

 

"I missed you." I said.

 

Kyung sighed once more and pulled me close to him.

 

I rested my head against his chest, I could feel his chest rising up and down and hear his heart thumping against his chest. I snuggled deeper as he my hair.

 

"I missed you too."

 

This was what I love about Kyung. He could make you feel better in an instant. We pulled away from each other and everything went back to normal. We teased each other and talked for hours while studying on my bedroom floor. We talked and talked and laughed and laughed till we I fell into deep sleep in his arms, without realizing that Kyung was watching me sleep and how his heartbeat was rising with every breath I take.