Chapter 8 (Strange)

♥ The One ♥

 

On Friday, during lunch, Kyung and I were as usual, fooling around with each other. I hadn't spot Pyo all day, which was strange.

 

"How not very obvious Alexa." Kyung said sarcastically as I bobbed my head up and down, in search of Pyo.

 

I broke into a wide smile when I finally spotted him in his seat at the 'cool kids' end of the cafeteria. I caught his eye and waved him over but he only gave me quick smile.

 

I sulked, why is he being weird?

 

Kyung sensed my disappointment and tried diverting my attention.

 

"Finals next week. You ready?" He asked, patting a stray strand of my hair back into place.

 

"Well, are you?" I asked back coyly and munched on a cookie.

 

"Almost. How about we go to your house and study together for one last time?"He asked, offering me his smoothie.

 

"Like you have to ask. You're always at my house, you could pass off as my brother!" I joked, sipping on his smoothie.

 

"Brother eh?" I thought I heard him whispered that, before sighing.

 

-

 

Later at my house, Kyung and I were almost done with revisions for every subject. We were proud of ourselves and we took a break, snacking on chips, lying on my bedroom floor.

 

"Alexa, you better stop munching. These past few days, your face… I almost mistook it for a ball." Kyung joked, snatching the chips away from me.

 

I rolled over and hit him with a cushion which prompted him to grab hold of my arms and I lay screaming as he pinned me to the floor, threatening to tickle me to death.

 

I stopped laughing when I realized he was looking at me intently.

 

My eyes widened as he lowered his head to mine. My heart was racing. What is he doing?

 

"You've got crumbs on your face, you silly girl. " He whispered as he reached out to brush away the crumbs but he stopped abruptly when we both felt the buzzing of my phone in my pocket.

 

He let me go as I straightened up to read my text message;

 

"Sorry for not talking to you today Alexa. I miss you."

 

Pyo sent that.

 

But my heart wasn't racing like it should be because when I looked up at Kyung, I couldn't read his face. He turned away and pretended to continue studying but I saw him clench his fist as he glared at the textbook.

 

Great. Just great.