That Guy

♥ The One ♥

 

My heart started pounding wildly as soon as I spot him. 

 

There he was horsing around with his mates, as usual, in the corner where only the 'cool' kids could sit in. He was looking as perfect as ever, with his porcelain-white skin, adorably small eyes, aquiline nose, all framed into his oval face. I could hear his ily deep voice booming across the cafeteria, followed by his distinct laughter.

 

It was pure heaven to my ears and if I stared any longer, my eyes would have definitely popped out of their sockets. 

 

I was just about to admire him for a while more when suddenly, he looked up.

 

I gasped. 

 

Had he seen me staring at him? What was I supposed to do now?

 

My hands felt clammy. I tried to pry away from his gaze but his dark brown eyes paralyzed me. How could anyone be so devilishly good-looking?

 

But of course, he wasn't looking at me, he was just looking past me. I felt my heart sink, heavy with disappointment.

 

Who was I kidding? Pyo Jihoon would never notice me.

 

So I continued eating my sandwich, sneaking side-glances, admiring him from afar, like what I've always been doing.

 

-

 

After school, I waited for my best friend, Park Kyung, by the front entrance so that we could go home together. I was wearing my 'I-did-not-wake-up-3-hours-earlier-to-straighten-my-hair-and-perfect-my-eyeliner-I-naturally-look-like-this' look because I knew Pyo would zoom past on his suave black bike around this time. I saw Kyung approaching and quickly waved him over.

 

True enough, I heard the familiar roaring of the engine and felt the wind brushing against me as he sped off. God, he was so cool.

 

At that exact moment, the strangest thing happened to me. I was not sure if it was my imagination or if it had really happened but I swear, for a split second there, I thought I saw him turned back and nodded at me. 

 

"Did I just see what I just saw?" Kyung exclaimed.

 

"I don't know", was all I could muster as I stood rooted to the ground, my heart palpitating crazily.

 

Kyung laughed before he flicked my forehead.

 

"Aishhh Alexa, you're so cute when you're in love." Kyung remarked before dragging me off.

 

I don't know what to think nor what to feel.

 

My crush of four years, did he really nodded at me? Me? ME?