Friend

Flowers By The Dozen

 

Hyuk panted heavily. “P-Please.”

Donghae his lips. “Hyukjae, bear with me.” Once again, he dove in.

“A-Ah.” Hyuk whimpered.

Hae ignored all the whines and continued to do what he was doing.

“! D-Donghae!” Hyuk bellowed, loud pants and shivers escaping his mouth.

“Hyukjae how the hell am I suppose to make you feel better if you won’t let me?! Move your hands!”

“B-But-“

“Lee Hyukjae!” Donghae threatened.

Hyuk pouted and moved his hands. Not a moment later, the cold cloth was once again plastered onto his torso.

“Aaaangh!” Hyuk squealed as his body jumped a bit.

Hae rolled his eyes and continued to move the wet clothe all over Hyukjae’s stomach and chest. His eyes caught the well built abs but he forced himself not to react.

Hyukjae was and groaning causing Hae’s ears to tint in a pinkish shade.

“S-Stop it.” Hae mumbled, trying hard not to blush.

“Stop w-what!” Hyuk groaned once more as the wet clothe continued to add ice to his already freezing body.

“Stop making those sounds!”

Hyuk paused in his actions before smirking. “Are you thinking dirty thoughts again, Lee Donghae?”

Hae failed in hiding his blush this time. “A-Am not.”

Hyukjae chuckled softly and laid his head back down. He closed his eyes, a small smile still on his face. “So defensive.”

Hae kept his lips together, his face turning red. Soon, his hands stopped moving on Hyuk’s torso as well. Instead, he placed his dry palm on Hyuk’s head before smiling.

“You’re temperature has gone down.” He

Hyuk didn’t bother opening his eyes. “That’s good. Can I get up?”

“No way. You gotta stay put, is that clear?” Hae barked out immediately.

Hyuk grinned and cracked open his eyes. “You want me here all day?”

Hae frowned, his eyes flung to the watch.  “It’s still midnight, silly. You can leave in the morning. Just sleep well.”

Hyuk sighed and closed his eyes tightly. He didn’t understand why Donghae was being so nice to him. “Whatever. Can you leave?”

Hae nodded and began to gather up. “Goodnight. I’ll be in the next room. Call if you need anything.”

Hyuk bit his lip. He didn’t say another word but as soon as he heard the door close, he flung up.

‘I’m going insane!’

Pulling on his shirt, Hyuk stumbled out of bed ignoring his dull headache. He peaked open the closed door only to frown deeply. Donghae wasn’t outside.

“What the hell?”

 

 

Hae sighed and flopped down on the terrace bench. The soft wind blew through his fringe, causing chills to run up his spine.

“It’s been so long.” The highschooler wondered to no one but himself. The wind howled in reply, causing Hae to chuckle.

Suddenly harsh footsteps were heard. Hae jumped up, completely alarmed. “W-Who is it?”

No answer came. Instead a flushed Hyukjae came into view. “F- you L-Lee D-Donghae!”

Donghae ran to the now crouching man. “What the hell! I told you to stay in bed!”

“Y-You also told m-me you’d be in the n-next room, you er!”

Donghae glared. “Well I wanted to get some fresh air! Any problem with that?”

Hyuk glared back, equally annoyed. “You should tell me before you run off!”

Hae scoffed. “What the are you, my mom?! It’s my house anyways. I can come and go as I please!”

“I was ing worried okay!” Hyuk screamed.

Hae froze. Had he heard right? The  Lee Hyukjae was worried about him?!

“What did you just say?”

Hyuk looked like a deer caught in the headlights. He coughed awkwardly and straightened out his posture as if that would make his words from earlier vanish from Hae’s mind.

“You were worried about me?” Hae asked again.

“N-No. Don’t be silly.” Hyuk mumbled and grabbed Hae’s wrist.

“Yah! Where are you taking me?”

Hyuk shook his aching head a bit. “To your home, stupid.”

 

 

Donghae hissed and encircled his wrist as he was shoved down on his bed.

“You’re sleeping with me tonight.” Hyuk spoke through gritted teeth. It was past midnight and his head was aching far too much for more trouble from Donghae.

Hae scowled. “I am not! It’s my house!”  

“I don’t ing care, Donghae. You’re sleeping here and that’s final.”

Hae scoffed and tried to get up but he was merely shoved down – once again – by the taller man.

Hyuk sighed and got into bed beside Hae. “Please. Stay still, okay.”

Donghae didn’t get why he had to sleep with Hyukjae but the pleading voice of the elder didn’t want to make him ask.

Minutes passed but none of the two men were asleep. Hae felt too awkward to fall asleep and Hyukjae just couldn’t.

Hae moved a bit so he was facing Hyuk. “H-Hyuk? Are you awake?”

Hyuk rolled his eyes. “No Donghae, I’m asleep.”

If Hae noticed the sarcasm dripping from Hyukjae’s words, he didn’t comment on it. “Can I ask you a question Hyukjae?”

Hyuk hummed in response, his eyes closed.

“Why are you, the richest guy I know, sleeping in my old bed right now?”

Hyuk stiffened but his eyes remained close. “You told me to sleep here tonight, that’s why.”

Hyukjae could heard Hae scoff. “Oh please. You would never do anything I ask you to unless there was something wrong.”

Donghae’s statement made feel Hyukjae feel weird inside. Almost guilty.

“Have I been that mean to you?”

Hae laughed. “Is that even a question.” When he noticed the tense atmosphere though, he added, “but that’s all in the past, don’t worry! I know we’re friends now.”

Hyuk’s eyes flung open. “What did you just say?”

“We’re friends now. Right...?”

Hyuk gulped, his eyes wide. “Y-You don’t want to be friends with me Donghae.”

Hae pouted. “Why not? Siwonnie and Yeye and even Kyuhyunnie; they’re all friends with you!”

“W-Well you can’t be okay!”

“Why not!”

“You j-just can’t!” Hyuk huffed and turned his back to Hae.

Donghae was left with his bottom lip sticking out. Finally, after a few minutes, he realized that Hyukjae wasn’t turning around anytime soon. He sighed.

Hae placed a palm on Hyuk’s shoulder. “Good night, Hyukkie,” he whispered and retreacted his hand before slipping into slumber.

Donghae didn’t notice Hyukjae turn around. “Good night, Hae.” Hyuk whispered back and smiled.

 

 

Hae awoke to the burning rays of the sun. He squinted hard and groaned.

“So damn early!” He cried and sat up slowly.

“Wake up Hyuk-“ His voice faded as he saw the empty bed beside his. He frowned and flung out of bed.

“Hyuk? Hyukjaeeee?” Hae searched his whole house but the rich boy was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, Hae’s eyes caught sight of a note stuck to his door by bubblegum.


Dear Donghae,

Thanks for everything. I can’t tell you exactly why I ended up in your bed last night but I’ll tell you this. You’re more of a home to me than my mom. Don’t worry about school this Monday. I won’t bother you anymore. Thanks again.

Hyukjae

P.S. I’ll be your friend but only because I’m in a good mood. Okay, bye. 

Donghae broke into a wide grin. “Friend.” He mumbled and shoved the note into his pocket. ____________________________________________________________________________________________

You all thought y thoughts at the beginning didn't you? 

xD s