The Rivalry Has Just Begun

Flowers By The Dozen

“Where has he been?”

“We don’t know for sure, madam. It appears he was at a small apartment down by the commoner side.”

“What? What was he doing there?”

“It was raining so hard and no one could really keep up with him. We-“

“So you lost him? You have no clue?”

“N-No ma’am. I apologize.”

A glass shattered as the madam flared.

 

It was Monday morning and Donghae felt like crap.

Not an unusual occurence.

The grumpy teen quickly threw on clean jeans and a v neck before slinging on his bag.

‘I’m off to school. I’ve left food in the fridge. Don’t forget to eat.

Your Son,

Donghae.’

Hae stuck the note onto the fridge as a feeling of déjà vu rushed into him. Thinking of a certain jerk that was now his “friend”, Donghae smiled his first smile on a Monday morning.

 

 

“Good morning HaeHae.”

Hae blushed at the nickname. “D-Don’t call me that!”

“Why not? I think it’s cute.” Siwon spoke, running his fingers through Hae’s soft hair.

Hae’s face turned even redder at the guesture.

Donghae and Siwon were, like usual, the first ones to arrive at S.M. Since the rain was pouring outside, the two sat comfortably outside of Donghae’s favorite place – the swimming pool.

“Have you seen Hyukjae this weekend?” Siwon asked, not a hint of suspicion in his voice. “He’s been missing.”

Hae tensed visibly, his mind flooding with possible lies to say.

“I was at his house.” Hyukjae’s voice suddenly rang through the swimming room.

Hae and Siwon jumped in their skins before facing the intruder.

“Huh?” Siwon frowned and slowly stood up.

“I was at his house this weekend. That’s why I went missing.” Hyuk smirked towards Hae.

Donghae was on his feet as well, his eyes screaming profanities to Hyuk.

‘How could he say it just like that?!’

“I don’t comprehend. What were you doing at Hae’s house?”

Hyuk’s eyes hardened a bit. “Donghae,” he corrected. “I was at Donghae’s house because my mother’s a . Do you comprehend now?”

Siwon glared. “I won’t have you talking like that about auntie, Hyuk.”

Donghae gulped as he saw the murderous gazes in both of the friends.

“I don’t ing care if you will or you won’t. It won’t stop me.”

Siwon bit his lip and broke their stare. “I’m leaving.” He glanced at Hae and forced a smile. “I’ll see you later, Hae.”

Hyuk huffed as his friend walked out. “I ing told him to say Donghae not Hae! !”

Hyuk’s wide eyes softened as he saw Hae’s afraid ones.

“I won’t bite you.”

Hae blinked before looking to the floor. “O-Of course. I-I’m not s-scared of you.”

Hyuk smirked. “Then why are you stuttering like a fool?”

“I am not a fool!” Donghae scowled. He collected his bag from the floor. “I’m leaving.”

“Why? School hasn’t started yet.”

“I’d rather be in school than be with a jerk like you.”

“You’d rather hang out with Siwon than be with a jerk like me, you mean.”

Hae bit his lip. Before he could correct Hyuk and explain how that wasn’t true, the elder continued.

“It’s fine.” Hyuk grinned but it didn’t reach his eyes. “If I was you, I’d do the same. Go on, shoo.”

Hae rolled his eyes. “So childish,” he mumbled and put his things back down.

Hyuk’s eyes widened. “Yah, what did you just say?”

“I said you’re childish. You should tell me if you want me to stay and hang out with you, not be mean to be. What are you – a seven year old?!”

Hyuk gaped as he viewed Hae sit back down on the marble floor. He motioned for Hyuk to sit as well.

Hyuk tried to glare but the blush sold him out. “W-Who said I want you to stay?”

“No one did, but I know. I’m just that good.” Hae chuckled.

Hyuk huffed and flopped down on the white beach chair.

Hae clicked his tongue. “Such a sissy! Sit on the floor, you.”

“As if. This is Armani, you hear me? Arrr-manii.”

“Wimp.”

A gasp. “Am not!”

“Are too!”

“Am ing not!”

“Are too, you jerk!”

“!”

“Sissy!”

“Commoner!

“Loser!”

“Twirp!”

“Wimp!!!”

“Arghhhh!”

Hyuk dumped himself on the floor, cringing at the cold feel.

Hae grinned and patted Hyuk’s thigh. “Good boy.”

Hyuk pushed the hand off him and rolled his eyes but the light blush on his cheeks was not missed.

 

 

“You think I look cute?” Hana twirled around, showcasing her short skirt.

Hae blushed as his eyes caught of the girl’s underwear. “S-Stop it!”

Hana frowned. “Huh?”

“You’re skirt is too short, Hana.”

The girl smirked and just tugged her skirt higher. “That’s the point.”

Hae face palmed and forced the girl to sit on the lunch bench.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“It’s for Hyuk oppa, stupid.” Hana giggled.

Hae blinked once then twice. “Come again?”

“I’m tired of just watching. I want him for myself, Hae. And so, I have a plan.”

Hae forced himself to not react. Though his heart was pounding hard in his chest and his fists were clenched tight, he pulled on a curious face.

“And what is that p-plan?”

“I’m going to seduce him. Duh.”

As Hana dug into her salad, Hae paled.

‘S-S-Seduce?!’ 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I doubt I can finish this story in 25 chaps. There's just so much to cover *sighs* 

If I would've followed the original plot, I would've come very far right now. But I just can'ttt! I need to add my EunHae touches in there UGHHH 

 

/ author is frustrated ok

BTW: Hana can be whoever you picture her to be. She's not a real person in the kpop or kdrama industry. Just a figment of my imagination. 

 

PS> Do u guys hate it that I change the plot of BOF so much? Please answer. IDK if I should or shouldn't continue with my tweaks... so lemme know?