Dates and Angry Monkeys

Flowers By The Dozen

“I’m such an idiot.” Donghae mumbled as he walked to school. After he’d regained his senses, all his antics from the past day had come back to him like a shameful one-night stand. He felt utterly embarrassed to return back to school but his Umma wouldn’t have it. You should be ecstatic to attend such a prestigious school, Lee Donghae! But you… you’re anything but grateful!

As Hae was lost in his self-pitying thoughts, he failed to notice a white Mercedes Benz pull up just beside him. Only when the driver of the fancy car honked – twice – did Hae acknowledge his presence.

“S-Siwon ssi.”

Siwon smiled, gesturing for Donghae to come aboard. Donghae blushed slightly and got in.

“I could’ve just walked, Siwon ssi. The campus isn’t even that far –“

Siwon cut him off, staring the engine. “We’re not going to school, Hae.”

Hae was left confused as the elder winked and drove off.

 

 

“Kim Hana to the office.” The loud speaker went off throughout the whole extravagant school. Everything was intensified as it wasn’t the secretary’s voice on the speaker but Lee Hyukjae’s.

 

The bell jingled, signaling Hana’s arrival. She merely saw Hyuk’s back as he was seated in the Dean’s chair, the chair turned not towards the door but the window.

“Have a seat, Kim Hana.” Hyuk’s voice was colder than ice.

Hana felt her palms sweating. She obeyed immediately, afraid of what was to come. Seunghyun hadn’t gotten back to her and had even gone to the extent of changing his number to make sure they never got into contact again. Despite that, Hana also hadn’t seen Donghae anywhere all through first period and second, which caused her to believe that Seunghyun might have done something horrible to him.

Her whole plan had been demolished.

“Kim Hana, I don’t like to beat around the bush,” Hyuk spoke again, the chair slightly turning so eerily that it would even give a grown adult the chills. “So come out and confess what you did and maybe, just maybe, I’ll cut you some slack.”

Hana froze. “I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

The chair stilled before turning all the way, showing Hyukjae’s angered smirk. “Wrong answer.”

 

“Ice cream or frozen yogurt?”

Hae rubbed his chin, seriously contemplating. “Well, yogurt is healthier…”

“But ice cream tastes better?” Siwon quirked, knowing Hae’s real answer well.

Sheepishly, the younger nodded, causing Siwon to chuckle and drive off to his favorite ice cream parlor.

 

“You know Donghae, I’ve never met someone like you.”

Donghae his ice cream dutifully before looking up. “Is that a good thing?”

Siwon laughed. “Everything about you is a good thing.”

Hae’s heart skipped a beat as Siwon’s beautiful face lit up in chuckles. The man was far too handsome and caring for his own good and Donghae felt himself slowly falling.

“What, is there something on my face?” Siwon reached up to wipe away nonexsistent ice cream.

Hae forced himself to tear away his gaze. “N-Nothing’s there.”

 

“I don’t wannaaa,” Hae whined, kicking his legs and stomping included.

Siwon couldn’t help the smile on his face as he forcefully dragged Donghae onto the line. “But I do, HaeHae.”

Donghae blushed slightly at the nickname but didn’t budge. “I’m scared of heights, Siwon ssi!”

“But I’m right here with you,” Siwon piped, wrapping an arm around Donghae’s shoulders. At first they tensed but soon relaxed.

“If I die, I’m pulling you down to hell with me.”

Siwon looked into Donghae’s deep brown eyes. “I wouldn’t mind that as long as I’m with you.”

Donghae was left stunned throughout the rest of the night as he was dragged onto this roller-coaster and that, his heart thumping just an extra mile when Siwon’s fingers met his or when that dimple appeared as Siwon smiled.

 

 

Hyukjae sighed as he watched the guards try to grab onto the shrieking Hana. She fought with all she had but of course, the guards were a foot taller and much larger than her skinny frame.

“Hurry up and take her away,” he turned back around. “And make sure she never returns to this school.”

As Kim Hana was dragged away, Hyuk could hear her last screams of “I’ll be back!”

Hyuk scoffed. “Let’s only meet again in hell, Hana ssi.”

 

“Where’s Siwon?”

Yesung looked and Kyuhyun and then back at Hyukjae. “Didn’t he tell you?”

Kyuhyun frowned. “I thought you’re the one that suggested it.”

“Suggested what?” Hyuk didn’t have a good feeling about this.

“He took Donghae out on a date to distract his mind off of Kim Hana. He didn’t want Donghae to be around when you expelled her since the boy obviously had a good friendship with her.”

Hyuk’s fists balled as he gritted his teeth. “That’s smart of him,” he said, smiling.

Kyuhyun noticed that the smile barely reached his best friend’s eyes. He sighed. So I’d been right about this stupid love triangle.

“Why don’t we all go out for a drink? Like the old times?” Kyu asked cheerfully, wanting to distract the suddenly low Hyukjae.

Yesung agreed too, sensing the change in atmosphere.

Hyukjae begrudgingly nodded as well. “Let’s drink ourselves to oblivion. Like the old times!” Like the old times when I didn’t know a certain fish named Lee Donghae.