Maybe I Do

Flowers By The Dozen

“Yes, Mr. Lee?” Yunho bowed.

“Get Siwon on the phone.” Hyukjae snarled.

Yunho frowned. “But Mr. Lee-“

“Now!”

The butler could only sigh and dial the number. Siwon answered on the first ring.

 

“What’s up Hyukkie?”

Hyukjae had to contain the anger inside of him. He knew he should actually be mad at Donghae but he couldn’t fight the annoyed feeling for his best friend.

“Where are you, Won?”

A familiar giggle on the line caused Hyuk’s face to turn redder. “And who are you with?”

Siwon could be heard coughing. “N-No one you should be worried about. Anyways, why’d you call? Aren’t you at school?”

Hyuk’s eyes narrowed. “I am, of course. Shouldn’t you be as well?”

Siwon knew he was busted. The boy just chuckled nervously. “Hyuk, I can’t really hear you well. I-I’ll call you later, alright.”

Before Hyukjae could even reply, the phone line went dead.

With fuming eyes and an even more angered mind, Hyukjae couldn’t think right. He just threw his phone off somewhere in the office and ran off. Yunho’s eyes widened. One moment his master was in front of him and the next he was running out of the school premises.

The poor butler tried his best to run after the brunette.

“M-Mr. Lee! Stop! Stop r-running! Please!” The man pleaded but Hyuk couldn’t hear. He had already run off.

 

 

“What did he call about?” Donghae was curious.

Siwon sighed. “You’re a lucky punk, you know that? I’ve never lied to Hyuk.”

Hae pouted. He didn’t want to come in between two friends. “Sorry.”

“It’s alright. The bastard kind of deserves it, huh?”

“Just a bit, yes.” Hae laughed.

Siwon sighed and nodded. The man leaned back onto the bench a bit further, his arm over Donghae’s shoulders.

Hae froze as he felt the weight on his shoulders. He looked up to see Siwon’s handsome face staring back at him. Something in Donghae’s heart jumped as he saw the intense gaze of the elder.

“Siwon?” Hae’s voice was soft, almost hesitant.

Siwon’s eyes scanned the boy’s pretty face. He smiled seeing Donghae’s nervous eyes. “You seem nervous, Donghae.”

Hae gulped. “I-I’m not!”

“Even if I did this?” Siwon leaned in closer to Hae’s face, feeling his minty breath.

“S-Siwon ah,” Donghae cussed inwardly at his stammering. Why did his heart feel so giddy when Siwon’s face was close.

Siwon looked at the younger’s lips intently. “You have nice lips, Hae.”

Hae could no longer breathe. “T-Thank y-you.”

“And beautiful eyes.”

Hae blinked, his face becoming enveloped in crimson.

“Donghae,” Siwon’s voice was soft and velvety to Donghae’s ears.

“Y-Yeah?”

“LEE DONGHAE!!!” Suddenly hoards of S.M girls were surrounding the bench on which Siwon and Hae sat.

Donghae’s eyes grew to the size of saucers as he saw Lee Hyukjae in the middle of the riot like group. Siwon couldn’t believe it either. Hyuk had managed to get all the girls in the high school to attend to the bench, he himself being lifted by a couple of boys.

“LEE DONGHAE, IF YOU WANT TO LIVE ON, RELEASE CHOI SIWON YOU !” Hyuk’s voice screeched through a microphone.

Siwon flung up from his seat. “Hyukjae! Stop!”

A couple of girls were blushing and fangirling, something about how hot it was when oppas were arguing.

Hyukjae smirked before blasting the microphones once again. “SIWON AH, GET AWAY FROM THE FILTH! YOU’LL BE CONTAMINATED!”

Siwon was getting annoyed. “Hyukjae, stop!”

Hae’s eyes had begun to well up in tears. He’d never felt so humiliated and looked down upon.

Siwon sighed and looked to the boy beside him. “Hae, I’m sorry. I didn’t know Hyuk would go to this extent.”

Donghae looked down and shook his head.

Hyukjae looked down at the victim of his bullying from his high throne. The boy seemed off, his head was bent low. And then it hit Hyuk.

Eyes wide, he panicked. “Y-Yah! Let me down!”

The boys frowned but released the throne to the floor. The girls all moved aside, letting Lee Hyukjae pass.

Siwon was shocked to see Hyukjae walking towards him and Hae. He hoped he wasn’t here to embarrass the boy more.

“Hyuk-“

“Take the students and leave Siwon.”

Siwon frowned. “Wha-“

“NOW!”

The boy was stunned to hear his friend’s stern voice. Hyuk never raised his voice at him. Nodding bitterly, he ushered the students back into the building.

 

Hae was still looking to the floor. His eyes held unshed tears, his face red from embarrassment.

“Look at me,” Hyuk demanded coldly.

Hae shook his head.

Hyuk would not have it. He grabbed the shorter boy’s chin harshly, forcing him to look up. As soon as he had though, he wished he hadn’t.

Donghae’s big doe eyes were now red and teary, his nose red and runny from the crying.

“D-Donghae?” Hyukjae’s voice had softened drastically.

Hae sniffled before his eyes turned fierce. “What the is your problem, huh? You’ve hated me since the day you saw me! Is it because I’m poor? Do I look crap, is that it? I’m sorry I can’t be beautiful like all of the rich kids around here okay! I-I haven’t even done anything to you! I apologized for stepping on your s-shoe yet you won’t leave me alone! Why?! Why are you doing this to me?”

Hyuk was taken back. Did the boy honestly think he wasn't as beautiful as the people around? His  brain could'nt understand the fact that he was hurt. He didn’t know the boy had so many… feelings. 

“Y-Yah, why are you getting mad?”

Donghae spat on the floor. “Are you honestly asking me why I’m angry?! You just called me a in front of the whole high school and humiliated me! I’ve never felt so ing low and you’re asking me why I’m upset?!”

Hyukjae gulped. “D-Donghae, no one’s ever yelled at me like this and I’ll have you know-“

“I don’t care!!!” Donghae stomped his foot onto the floor.

“Donghae look, j-just calm down.” Hyukjae was now frightened by the short man.

Donghae’s eyes were wild. “You know what, Lee Hyukjae? you!”

“Y-Yah, do you want to die?”

“Maybe I do!” Donghae was too angry to think. He just grinned evilly and smacked his lips together.

“W-What are you gonna do?”

Hae didn’t answer. Instead, he leaned up to his tip toes and without thinking further, the boy slammed his lips onto the shocked Hyukjae. Hyuk’s eyes widened immensely.

What the ?’