Chapter One

Flowers By The Dozen

I cussed loudly when I eyed the alarm clock.

7:50

“!” I jumped out of my bed and ran off to the bathroom to take my usual two-minute showers. Pulling on my worn out sweatshirt and my old jeans, I could only cross my fingers and walk out of my room.

“Aughhh!” I groaned as I felt the stinging on my ear. “Umma!”

My mom glared dangerously and pulled my ear further down. “Do you know what time it is Lee Donghae?”

Her sickly sweet voice made me sick. And terribly afraid.

“U-Umma, the alarm didn’t r-ring.”

“Well you should’ve known to wake up early, son.” The hand on my ear was released and a pile of dirty laundry was shoved into my arms. “Now be a darling and take these down to your dad’s store, will you?”

I inwardly groaned. “Okay.”

My mother smacked my head. “Yah, at least look happy when you answer me.”

I glared. “How can I look happy when you make me miserable?”

“Oh shut it! I sacrificed my for you and your big head; there’s no room for your smart too, Lee Donghae!”

I scowled and shuffled out of the house.

 

 

The bell rang as I lazily filed into my dad’s dry cleaning store.

“You’re late HaeHae.” I heard Appa’s voice.

Cringing, I nodded. “The alarm didn’t ring.”

Appa sighed. “You should sleep earlier Hae ah. You’re getting dark circles under your eyes.”

I laughed a bit. “Appa, I’m handsome no matter what.”

My dad laughed loudly. “Well you’re lucky you go on me, then.”

Chuckling, I nodded. I was halfway through ironing the dry clothes when Appa tapped my shoulder.

“Take these down to the S.M. Prestige, will you?”

I groaned. “I’m tired.”

“Donghae, please.” Dad’s voice was stern.

I pouted and nodded. ‘ my life!’

 

 

S.M. Prestige

I chuckled to myself.

The school’s nothing like a school! It’s a building – a rather large one – filled with rich brats. With them and their expensive uniforms and styled hair, I cringed as I thought of even stepping into that school. I examined the uniforms in my hand before sighing.

Their uniforms are far better than what I’ll wear on my wedding!’

 

I sighed as I looked up at the gate.

Where The Flowers Bloom’ it read. I smiled unconsciously. It was kind of sweet.

Pushing open the gate, I gasped in awe.

The campus was beautiful. Beautiful trees of reds and green and the grass was thick and rich. The actual building was huge; double the size of the local mall! I gaped, my mouth forming a large O.

“Beautiful,” I uttered, completely amazed.

“It may look good on the outside but the inside’s a hellhole sweetie,” a deep voice spoke behind me.

My eyes widened and I spun around, almost dropping the dry cleaned clothing in my hand. Behind stood a boy around my age but he was way taller.

“Who are you?”

The boy laughed a honey sort of laugh. As I looked up at him, I noticed how handsome he was. His coal black hair and those dimples on his cheeks – everything about him screamed ‘perfect’.

“Don’t worry about it. First tell me, what brings you here?”

The boy leaned down to look me in the eye. I, flustered as I was didn’t know what to say. My mind had gone blank after seeing such a beautiful man.

“I-I am from t-the dry cleaners.” I cussed inwardly at my stuttering. 

The boy chuckled. “You seem nervous, I wonder why. Anyways, I’m off.”

My eyes widened as the boy walked off. “Yah, where’s the main office? Yah!” My screams went to vain for the boy had already walked off out of sight.

 

 

“Your name?”

I gulped. The lady at the front desk was glaring daggers at me and all I had asked was if I could drop the clothes off. “L-Lee Donghae.”

“And how do I know you’re from Lee Dryers? How do I know you didn’t sneak guns into the uniform.”

I was getting annoyed. “Well, why don’t you just check?”

“Showing me attitude, peasant?”

Sighing, I forced myself not to react. “No, maam. All I’m saying is I’m here to drop off the uniforms.”

The woman growled and shoved the clothes out of my hands. “Now leave. We don’t need filth like you!”

I bit my lips and flipped around, wanting nothing but to get out of there.

Fate had different plans though. Because, when I turned around wanting to stomp my foot hard onto the floor I simply came in contact with a foot. Hard.

I looked up, my eyes wide. “I’m so sorry!”

The face in front of me was fierce. “YOU DID NOT JUST ING STEP ON MY BRANDED SHOES YOU ER!” 

________________________________________________________

COMMENT! xD