Ninth Chapter

No mom, I don't like him!

Luhan was not so nicely forced out of his comfortable bed by his mother who had finally returned.

“Lulu baby, I missed you so much!”

“Mom! I was trying to sleep, you know?” Luhan grunted, removing his mother’s arms from his torso.

“Don’t be like that, just tell me. How did it go with Sehun? You two bonding already?”

Luhan’s icy glare and silence didn’t bother his mother at all. She kept on asking questions which were ignored by Luhan who crawled back into his bed, pulling his blanket over his head, trying to fall asleep again.

It took him another five minutes of ignoring his mother until she finally gave up and left his room saying something about how she would teach him a lesson for ignoring her.

She did not lie because his phone didn’t stop ringing ever since she had left the room. Groaning he got out of his bed to put it on silent. However he ended up reading the messages she sent him, already regretting it because there were dozens of pictures of Sehun.

He found himself staring at one in particular where Sehun was looking at his phone, smiling with a dreamy look in his eyes. He had never seen this look on his face before. He guessed that Sehun was probably texting his girlfriend. He didn’t know why the mere thought of it sent a pang to his heart but it did. He immediately deleted the picture, only to end up staring at another one where Sehun was shirtless, probably posing for one of his mother’s photo shootings.

 Why is he so damn perfect?!

Luhan couldn’t believe what he was thinking. This was all Taemin’s fault! Yes. It had to be Taemin’s influence which made him think that Sehun was attractive. Because Sehun was not attractive at all, right? Last time he checked he found his best friend Kai more attractive. What was wrong with him?

Kai. He was still waiting for an apology from Kai, but at the same time he was anxious about having to talk to him again. Would Kai treat him differently now after knowing about his little secret?

Well at least Sehun won’t judge me for being gay. – Wait. What am I even thinking?

Luhan felt like slapping himself. What was he even thinking? Deciding that he should just eat to take his mind off, he found the refrigerator to be completely empty.

Another tactic by his mother to force him to eat downstairs where Sehun was.

He cursed his mother for being so obsessed with Sehun and him, and hoped that Sehun wouldn’t be sitting in the kitchen. As if god had heard his prayer, Sehun indeed wasn’t in the kitchen. It was only his aunt Julia, talking on the phone.  She smiled at him and left the kitchen, probably not wanting him to hear her conversation.

He was looking for something eatable when he heard her voice approaching again. He didn’t think much of it until he heard Sehun’s voice, complaining that he didn’t want to eat and that she should leave him alone.

Sehun was shoved into the kitchen by his mother who immediately closed the door. Standing in the kitchen dumbfounded Sehun’s eyes finally fell on a figure standing next to the refrigerator. Rolling his eyes he reached out his hand to open the door again, only to find out that it was actually locked.

“Mom. Open the freakin door!” Sehun yelled.

As an answer he heard the front door closing. That’s it. They locked them inside the kitchen and left.

--

“I’m not about to apologize to you or anything.” Sehun grunted as he sat on one of the chairs, staring at his phone and ignoring Luhan’s presence completely.

Luhan on the other hand had a hard time cooking spaghetti and cutting vegetables because first of all he was afraid of knives. Although he loved cooking he would always let his friends do the cutting while he did the rest. And second he didn’t feel comfortable to have Sehun in the same room as him.

He knew he couldn’t ask Sehun to do it, since the latter was mad at him and he really didn’t want to embarrass himself in front of Sehun by telling him he was afraid of knives. So he kept cutting the carrots very slowly, trying to stop his hand from shaking.

It’s not like Luhan was being childish, it was due to a childhood experience that he still couldn’t handle to hold a knife in his hand. Even now remembering that one event his whole body started shaking again.

It happened eight years ago when he was visiting Kai and Taemin with his grandparents. Luhan was a very energetic kid and kept on running around the house laughing alongside Kai while Taemin was merely watching them from afar since he used to be the silent kind of child. It’s almost scaring how much his brother had changed over the years. When Luhan looked at Taemin now there was nothing left of that shy and silent kid he used to be. Anyways. That day Kai’s mother had prepared cake for dessert. While the kids were playing around Kai suddenly disappeared. Luhan kept looking for him, after he had searched for him everywhere he guessed that Kai must be in the kitchen so Luhan ran towards the kitchen, meeting Kai halfway, almost running into him. “Luhan, my mom made cake, do you wa-“ Kai didn’t finish his sentence. Luhan felt something slightly touching his chest but he ignored it because he was too happy to have found Kai. He frowned though when Kai stepped back and his face had turned into an unreadable expression.  It was then that Luhan saw Kai holding a knife in his hand. He turned around and ran away towards his parents while Luhan stood there, dumbfounded until he felt something wet on his chest. He looked down only to see his shirt drained in blood. Walking towards the kitchen he heard loud screams and Kai crying while trying to explain what happened. “I …I just wanted to a-ask if he .. wanted some c-cake so I could cut him a slice b-but he just ran into it and-“

Kai kept on blabbering and crying. It broke Luhan’s heart to see his best friend crying. He didn’t care about his wound, it wasn’t that big anyways the knife had only slightly bored through his skin it was nothing severe at all.

He still remembers seeing Taemin’s face suddenly paling as soon as he entered the kitchen and his grandparents and Kai’s parents dragging him out of the house to the car to drive him to the hospital. He couldn’t even talk to Kai, tell him that it was okay, that it was his own fault anyways, that Kai wasn’t the one to blame. Luhan had to admit that he indeed used to have a huge crush on his best friend.  But his feeling had changed over the years. He was completely over Kai now.

But ever since then Luhan has been afraid of knives. Taemin is barely any better than him while Kai usually uses knives without a problem. When they’d cook together Kai would always do the cutting for Luhan. Luhan wished he could get over it. After all it had been eight years but he couldn’t. Because the scar on his chest kept reminding him of that day.

Still in trance he didn’t even notice that he had cut his finger while being too absorbed in his thoughts. Putting the knife away he kept looking at his finger as if not realizing that he was actually bleeding. It took him a moment to come back to reality and he let out a scream when he finally realized that he really did cut his finger. Panicking he hold his finger under the cold stray of water and suppressed his tears when he saw Sehun not moving an inch and still staring at his phone.

Heartless bastard. He thought as he searched for a plaster. When he finally found one and put it on his wound, he didn’t feel like eating anymore. He silently sat across from Sehun, pulling out his own phone from his pocket, texting his friends for a while.

Sehun decided to call his girlfriend which was annoying Luhan to no end. He was so frustrated that he ended up calling Kai who immediately started apologizing a million times for his behavior until Luhan told him that it was okay.

“What? You want to come over? But Kai they locked the door so it’s no use.”

For the first time that day Sehun actually looked at Luhan when he heard him mentioning the name ‘Kai’.

“You sure? But I’m afraid to jump out of the window even if we’re downstairs.”

“You really have to catch me, okay?”

Sehun had already stopped listening to Gyeri who was still on the other line talking to him.

“Gyeri, I need to hang up, I’ll call you later.” He mumbled as he approached Luhan and snapped his phone away from him.

“No need for you to come. He’s not going anywhere with you. Bye.”  Sehun gave Luhan his phone back.

“I don’t like that guy. I don’t want to see him here anymore.” He said in an arrogant tone, ignoring Luhan’s baffled expression.

“Excuse me, what? Who do you think you are to decide that? I couldn’t stand your stupid girlfriend either, but I didn’t throw her out!”

“Of course you didn’t like her. That’s because you’re gay.”

Luhan didn’t hesitate to open the window, getting ready to get out of the kitchen as soon as possible. He didn’t want to stay there a second longer. However Sehun harshly jerked him away from the window, looking at him more furiously than before.

“You’re not going anywhere. Especially not to Kai.”

Luhan didn’t say anything. He was afraid his voice would crack if he started talking.

“I don’t like it when you’re around him.” Sehun continued.

“He’ll only hurt you.”

Luhan snorted. Kai, hurting him? His best friend would never hurt him. It was rather Sehun who was hurting him non-stop and he didn’t know how much longer he would be able to endure this.

“You’re the one hurting me, not him.” Luhan whispered, not daring to meet Sehun’s eyes.

“Look. I’m sorry I snapped at you, okay? I know it wasn’t your fault but my mother’s behavior is just pissing me off to no end and she went overboard by sending Gyeri back home. I’m sorry I took my anger out on you so just please do me the favor and don’t meet Kai today.”

Luhan was unsure if he should just give in that easily but something inside of him told him that it was no use to keep on fighting with Sehun so he gave in by nodding.

“You owe me bubble tea for a month though. I hope you didn’t forget that.” Luhan mocked the other, reminding him of his corny letter of apology.

“Then let’s go.” Sehun answered, pulling Luhan with him to the window, jumping out first. He stood in front of the window, holding his arms wide open to catch Luhan who was still unsure whether he should jump or not.

“Come on, I’ll catch you.”

Upon hearing these words Luhan jumped down and smoothly landed in Sehun’s arms, blushing furiously, when the latter refused to let go of him.

“You know, when you blush like this you’re too cute for your own good.”

Sehun cooed and suddenly all the memories of their fight were forgotten by both of the males, who didn’t see their mothers watching them from afar with proud smiles plastered on their faces.

Mission HunHan has just begun.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I'm finally back! 

Just be a bit patient I have my finaly in march, afterwards it will be raining updates *^*

next update will be on Saturday!

a huge thank you for all the nice and supporting comments <3 

btw this chapter is dedicated to xmelchan who motivated me to write this chapter, I love you gurl!<3