Eighth Chapter

No mom, I don't like him!

Luhan was lazily hanging around in Taemin’s room and watching TV.  He was waiting for Kai to pick him up. After his fight with Sehun he decided to stay at his grandparents’ place.  He didn’t want to see Sehun’s face for a while.

Luhan was annoyed since Kai was late and nothing interesting was on TV. He was about to call Kai and tell him to hurry up, when someone knocked on his door.

“Luhan, your friend is here.” His grandmother told him.

He took his jacket and went downstairs, only to meet an angry looking Kai.

“What’s wrong?” Luhan asked innocently.

 “I went to pick you up but instead your twin opened the door. Half . Telling me you were not at home since yesterday!”

. He absolutely forgot to tell Kai he was staying at his grandparents’ house.

“Well at least you had a nice view.”

Taemin interrupted their conversation rudely.

“That guy’s really hot.”

Luhan choked on his own spit while Kai looked at Taemin with disgust.

“That’s exactly why I feel ashamed to have someone like you as my brother. You would be nothing if people knew about your little secret. In fact your career would be ruined.”

Kai muttered, averting his gaze from Taemin whose smile didn’t falter. Not at all. It even got brighter as he looked at Luhan who looked as if he had just seen a ghost.

“It’s weird, you know? How come you’re Lulu’s best friend when he clearly hates homophobes like you? You must be something special then.”

Luhan’s eyes widened. What was Taemin doing? He knew exactly that Luhan wasn’t ready to tell Kai just yet! He didn’t want his best friend to know that he was gay. He knew Kai wouldn’t approve.

“Why would Luhan be bothered by it? It’s not like it affects him anyway.”

You wouldn’t be saying this if you’d know I’m gay. Luhan thought, wanting to disappear already.

“It affects you though. I’ve seen you Kai. No need to hide it. I already know.”

Kai’s face paled as he looked at Taemin.

“Don’t worry I’m not telling anyone. Just stop lying to yourself already. All three of us are gay anyways.”

Luhan never wanted to punch Taemin in the face as much as at this very moment.

“You freakin idiot! How dare you spill my secret? I hate you!” Luhan yelled.

“Shut up! You know how often I’ve caught this wanna be straight guy making out with the same boy? But in front of his friends he starts bullying him. Shame on you Kai. You’re the lowest.”

“Excuse me. What?”  Luhan wasn’t sure if he heard it correctly. Was Taemin seriously accusing Kai of having an affair with a boy?

“It was once and I was drunk, okay? So don’t assume that I’m a just like you!”

“You’re hurting Luhan with your words.”

“Stop dragging Luhan into this.”

“Okay, you know what? I’m leaving. I hate you! Both of you! Kai you’re a homophobic bastard ! And Taemin you’re just … an idiot.”

Luhan left, slamming the door and leaving the two half-brothers back alone.

“So he’s really gay?” Was the first thing Kai said after Luhan had walked away.

“You’re his best friend. Don’t tell me you never noticed it. I mean it’s obvious, the way he gawks at good looking guys, he doesn’t even make any effort to hide it.”

--

 Luhan couldn’t believe it. He was angry. His blood was boiling, and he didn’t really know where he was going. He just needed to get away from these two punks. All he wanted right now was to be in his comfortable bed, cuddling with his blanket and falling asleep while forgetting about the world, Taemin, Kai and Sehun. 

Before he knew it, he started walking towards the opposite direction. He needed to go home. He didn’t care anymore if he had to see Sehun or his annoying girlfriend. He needed his rest. He was sure he would be able to ignore Sehun, that was of course until he was standing in front of their shared house, realizing that in his haste to get away he had forgotten to take his keys with him. Suddenly he wasn’t sure anymore. Could he really face him?

It’s okay Luhan, you can do this! Just brush him off and walk straight towards your bedroom. He told himself, finally bringing his finger to lightly press against the doorbell. To his surprise Sehun was not the one who opened the door. It was Julia, his mother.

“Luhan, there you are! Come in my dear, we’ve been waiting for you.”

“We? Is my mom here, too? I thought you wouldn’t be back yet? Weren’t you supposed to come back on Monday or something?”

“Oh your mother is not here right now. It’s only me. She got inspired and has been working on a new novel ever since then, completely ignoring my presence. Anyways, are you hungry?”

Luhan didn’t have the chance to answer her, because she had already dragged him to the kitchen where Sehun was silently sipping on his hot chocolate. She ordered Luhan to sit next to Sehun, which he reluctantly did, even though he still couldn’t bring himself to look at the other. He couldn’t help but wonder where Sehun’s girlfriend was. He would have asked Sehun, but he’d rather eat an octopus than ask that self centered brat anything.

“When is my mother coming back?”  Luhan asked Julia, trying to break the awkward silence, and to distract himself from staring at Sehun who he noticed, was only dressed in boxers.

“She should be here in a couple hours.” Sehun answered instead. “She’s just driving Gyeri home.”

“Huh? Why would she do that? Aunt Julia didn’t you just tell me that she was working on her novel?”

“Because it’s easier than telling you that she threw my girlfriend out of the house, and your mother is driving her home before my mother could rip her head off.”

Why was Sehun talking to him? Why was he answering his question and telling him all of this? Probably because his mother is here.

“You don’t want to know why my mother hates her so much?” Sehun asked with a smirk. Somehow Luhan didn’t like the way the younger was looking at him. It made him feel uncomfortable, as if he was the reason why.

“It’s because she’s not you. She is not Luhan. Apparently I’m not allowed to date anyone else apart from Luhan. Let me tell you one thing : It will never happen. Never.”  Sehun stood up and brought his by now empty cup to the sink. It took Luhan a while to swallow what he had just been told.

“Don’t listen to him Lulu, we all know he loves you.”

“Shut up mom! You’ve caused enough damage! I’m not in for this! I’m not gay, I don’t like boys and I most likely do not like him! Stop annoying me. Actually I wanted to apologize to you, tell you I didn’t mean what I said but you know what? I take that apology back. I don’t want to have anything to do with you. You’re ruining my life!”

Luhan rubbed his temples. He was too exhausted. He couldn’t take listening to Sehun’s hurtful words anymore. In fact they didn’t even touch him. He didn’t care. Sehun could go to hell.

“I’m not hungry anymore Aunt Julia.” He mumbled as he left the kitchen, not giving two cents for Sehun who was still rambling.

“Don’t mind him, he’s just angry.” He heard Julia calling after him. A small smile found its way on Luhan’s lips before he finally dragged himself to his room. There was nothing separating him from his well deserved sleep. Well nothing but a small envelope lying on his pillow. Curiosity got the best of him and he decided to read the letter which was, of course, written by no other than Oh Sehun.

“I’m sorry. Bubble tea my treat for one month and a serious talk?”

“What a lame apology.” Luhan chuckled as he mindlessly threw it into the garbage bin. “You need way more than bubble tea for a month to earn my forgiveness Oh Sehun.”

Although he would never admit it out loud, he felt happy about that sheepish apology. He was also happy upon hearing that Gyeri was not welcomed in this house. “The day is finally getting better.” 

_____________________________________________

 

A/N: I'm so sorry for the lack of updates ! I had a writer's block and honestly I was also a bit lazy ... It's because you see there is this guy I have a slight crush on and I'd be fine admiring him from afar but he's making it so hard for me since he started to befriend me and drive me home and stuff and I can't really handle my own feelings right now so I couldn't bring myself to write ._. I'm really sorry you have to put up with me >< 

I need to thank you guys so much for still reading this story and for your super nice comments! I'm not really good at replying to comments because well I'm really awkward, sorry >< but I read all of them and they really make my day! So keep up the love and I'll give my best to become a better author ~