Fifth Chapter

No mom, I don't like him!

 

Luhan was confused when he came back home after school, and found out that he was all alone. Sehun was apparently at the library and his mother- well he didn’t know where she was after all they still hadn’t made up yet.  Sighing he went to his room. He had nothing to do.

Actually he wanted to hang out with Kai, but he told Luhan off because he already had other plans. Of course Luhan was disappointed, but he didn’t complain. He didn’t want Kai to think that he was annoying or whiny.

Now being all alone he started to think who he could call to meet up. He didn’t have mvany options. There were Chen and Xiumin who he knew from primary school, and then there was this cute guy from his class called Kyungsoo. He was sure Kyungsoo wouldn’t want to hang out with him though. That guy didn’t even want to eat lunch together with Luhan. It was such a shame. During class the two of them were getting along, and everything was fine. When Luhan asked him, if he wanted to have lunch together, Kyungsoo agreed at first. Then all of a sudden he said that he’d rather not eat with Luhan. Luhan felt disgusted with himself. At first Sehun didn’t want to be seen with him, and now it was Kyungsoo. What if Kai also wanted to get rid of him soon?

“Didn’t I already tell you, that you look ugly when you cry?”

Luhan got startled by Sehun’s voice and wiped away his tears.

“What are you doing here?”

“You should thank me. After all I went to buy bubble tea to cheer you up. I thought you’d feel better by now, and here you are crying again.”

Sehun walked over to him and handed him his drink.

“Why are you crying again?”

“Why do you care?”

“Luhan.”

“I don’t want to talk about it, okay?”

“Would you please stand up for a second?”

Without questioning him Luhan stood up. He didn’t know why Sehun asked him to stand up, but he didn’t care at the moment. His mind was occupied by Kai. He only started talking when he noticed that Sehun actually sat down on his chair.

“Hey you idiot! That’s my chair. You made me stand up so you could sit down? How rude.” He said pouting.

Sehun smiled at him, before he pulled him down by his waist, so that Luhan was sitting on his lap.

“Hey you brat! Let go of me!” Luhan wined, trying to free himself from Sehun’s firm grip.

“Ssh now, and just drink your bubble tae.”

“Sehun! Don’t ignore me. Let go!” Luhan tried again. His face turned shades of red, when Sehun’s grip tightened around his waist. His back pressed against Sehun and the ticklish feeling of Sehun’s breath against his ear was all too much for Luhan.

Sehun on the other hand found it rather amusing. He had a hard time keeping in his laughter. He liked teasing Luhan. The blush on his face only encouraged Sehun to go on with his little flirt, which at first was only meant to be a distraction for Luhan but ended up to be Sehun’s favorite amusement.

He leaned forward, touching Luhan’s neck with tip of his nose. “How about you start cooking? I’m really hungry Lulu.” He whispered and got hit with a book in response.

“You stupid erted idiot. Never touch me again!” Luhan said, sipping on his bubble tea.  Sehun was still wincing in pain.

“And now you want me to cook for you? Keep dreaming.” Luhan was about to leave the room, then he remembered that this was actually his room, and Sehun was the one who should actually leave.

“Oh come on Lulu. Don’t be so mean I was only joking around! It’s only for today. Just for today. My girlfriend is coming tomorrow, and she’ll be cooking for me so you won’t have to do it again. I swear it’s just today!”

Sehun was actually begging him.  Maybe he would have blushed if Sehun hadn’t mentioned his girlfriend. Sometimes Luhan forgot about her. In moments like these when Sehun was so nice to him, he almost got fooled by his heart, which told him that Sehun might actually like him. But he knew it wasn’t true. He knew that erted kid already had a girlfriend. It wasn’t his business anyways, but he still felt hurt. Not because he was in love in Sehun. Hell no!

It was because he would be all alone the whole weekend. He knew that Sehun would spend the whole time with his girlfriend, not giving a damn about Luhan, because there was someone more important. It was the same with Kai. He also had someone more important than Luhan. Even his mother had someone more important in her life. It was like Luhan was always a second choice.

Can’t I be someone’s first choice for once? He thought bitterly.

“I’m in the kitchen. Is fried rice okay?” His voice was barely audible. He dragged himself out of the room, ignoring Sehun’s worried face. A chuckle escaped his lips.

Worry. Since when has Sehun - the Oh Sehun who was way to cool to hang around Luhan, shown emotions apart from annoyance? It was now that Luhan realized that he had no reason to be disappointed. Sehun was using him. Again. Just like always. Pretending to be nice because he needed something from Luhan.

He has been alone with Sehun many times. Sehun was nice to him when he needed food, or when he needed help with his homework. Afterwards he’d always go back to ignoring Luhan. Luhan was sick of it. Sick of these lies. If he hadn’t promised his mother to cook, he would have laughed and told Sehun off.

This is the last time. He told himself.

He was so lost in his thoughts, he didn’t hear the other enter the kitchen until the very same arms from before embraced him again.

“Hey, don’t look so upset.” Sehun said.

Luhan peeled his arms off, ignoring the younger.

“What's wrong with you? Seriously I was just joking around when we were in your room, okay? No need to overreact. You’re worse than a girl, even –“

“Shut up!”

Luhan didn’t let him finish his sentence. He didn’t want to hear any more. He wasn’t upset about the teasing.

“Tell me! Don’t you feel disgusted already? Touching me, the annoying Luhan. The boring kid who has never been good enough for you? Tell me, is it fun to use me like this? To pretend to be nice and then ignore me completely?”

Luhan couldn’t control his feelings anymore. He felt terrible. Never in his life did he consider himself a crybaby- but today. He didn’t know what was wrong with him. Maybe the real reason for his behavior, was the fight with his mother, or maybe it was because he needed Kai by his side. He would never cry this much because of Sehun. He didn’t like him anyways, right?

Sehun was startled. He wanted to protest, to say it wasn’t true. But he couldn’t. The words were stuck in his throat. He had never seen Luhan this angry.

“Just stop it already. I’m sick of being used by you. Please stop.”  

Luhan was a sobbing mess by now.

Sehun approached him silently. Slowly putting his arms around the fragile body. Luhan didn’t push him away. He didn’t feel safe in Sehun’s arms. He felt ashamed, annoyed even. But he was too tired to push him away. Yes too tired. That had to be it.

“Let’s just order pizza instead.”Sehun suggested.

______________________________________________________________________________________________