Fourth Chapter

No mom, I don't like him!

Taemin left shortly after their mothers and Luhan disturbed them. He had a tight schedule and apologized multiple times before leaving. In the meantime Luhan and Nuna went back upstairs but Sehun could still hear them arguing. Apparently she wasn’t fond of her son’s friendship with Kai.

When the yelling finally stopped Sehun decided to go upstairs and talk to Luhan. Not about his fight with his mother but about his relationship with Taemin. He was still confused and no one bothered to explain anything to him.

 He dragged himself upstairs and hesitantly opened the door to Luhan’s room. He expected Luhan to tell him to get out or to be annoyed with him, but instead he didn’t even notice Sehun entering the room. He was curled up in his bed, probably crying. Sehun wasn’t sure if he should enter the room or not. He was about to just turn back and act as if he never saw this scene, when he suddenly heard small sobs. Guilt rushed over him and he found himself approaching Luhan.

What the hell am I doing? He awkwardly sat on the bed and reached his hand out to the older one’s hair. Luhan froze under his touch. At first he thought it was his mother, trying to apologize but the hand did not belong to his mother. This touch was different from his mother’s. It felt strange but comforting at the same time. He slowly turned around to look at the person who was comforting him,  and was more than shocked to see that it was Sehun. He even considered jerking away and telling him to leave, but honestly Luhan didn’t want him to leave. He didn’t want to be alone again so he silently welcomed Sehun’s nice gesture.

“You really shouldn’t cry. It makes you look ugly.” Sehun said wiping away Luhan’s remaining tears.

“Shut up.”

“Sorry. But honestly don’t cry. There’s nothing worth crying over.”

“As if you’d know.”

Sehun smiled. Normally he would argue back but today was different. He didn’t want to argue with Luhan, especially since he just had an argument with his mother.

“You’re right. I don’t know anything about friendship, right? I don’t have any real friends of course I wouldn’t know how it feels like to be separated from your ‘best friend’. I guess you’d feel lonely without him. I also feel lonely without my girlfriend. Okay no that’s a lie. I wish I could say that I feel lonely without her or that I care, but I really don’t. I’m a bad person, right? That’s why you don’t like me.”

Luhan changed his position so he could look at Sehun while talking.

“I don’t like you because you’re an idiot.”

“That’s also true. I’m rich, a model and good looking but I’m an idiot.”

“Okay Sehun stop being weird. What are you even here for?”

“To be honest I just wanted to know about your and Taemin’s relationship but then I found you crying, and well here I am, trying to comfort you.”

For a single second Luhan smiled before remembering that this was Sehun.

“Right, you never knew about Taemin. I was actually shocked when I saw you with him at school. Anyways it’s a long story ,and I guess it’s fine for you to know. After all Taemin seems to like you.”

Luhan said bitterly.

“Well you know my parents, but you have to know, I’m not my mother’s first child. Before marrying my dad she had another boyfriend whom she loved. They were in a serious relationship, and uhm yeah, she got pregnant with Taemin and gave birth to him. Everything was fine, and they were talking about marriage, but in the end he married another woman. “

“So Taemin is your half-brother?”

“Yes but that’s not all. The girl he married was apparently a good friend of our mothers. As you can guess she’s their enemy now. That guy thought that my mother would never be able to take care of a baby, so he took Taemin away from her. Sadly my grandparents took his side. Don’t ask me why though. I don’t know any details. All I know is that she married my father a year later. She was able to visit Taemin once a week as long as we lived here in Ulsan. Though she didn’t like living here and seeing the people she hated the most every day. The worst part is probably that Taemin has another half-brother from these people. And unfortunately it’s Kai. That’s why my mom hates him so much. I’m sorry I don’t know much about what happened back then either.”

“Sounds like a Korean drama. I don’t want to sound offensive but I understand why your mother doesn’t like Kai.”

“I know. I also understand her but I can’t help that he’s my best friend. She has to understand that he’s not like his parents, but she keeps telling me that I’ll regret it one day.”

Sehun had a hard time keeping in the words he actually wanted to say because he knew if he would say them out loud, Luhan would literally flip tables. He most definitely couldn’t tell him, that he also didn’t like Kai or that Kai seemed like a jerk to him.

“Why are you not saying anything all of a sudden, are you too shocked or something?”

“No I just didn’t know what to say.” Sehun honestly answered.

“I’m already regretting what I’m about to say but can you please stay? I don’t want to be alone right now.”

Normally Sehun would laugh at these words. He would laugh and leave the room, but seeing as he wasn’t being himself today he just nodded instead, and welcomed Luhan’s head on his lap as he started his hair again.

“You know Sehun, sometimes you’re not that bad.”

“Don’t get used to it.”  

---

How long did he stay in Luhan’s room? He didn’t know it himself. All he knew was, that he got carried away by the smooth feeling of Luhan’s hair. Luhan fell asleep long ago, and Sehun wondered why he still hadn’t left the room yet. 

He slowly stood up making sure not to wake the other up, but he still couldn’t leave. He just had this feeling that something was going to change. And he was sure that he liked it. He lowered his head to look at Luhan’s sleeping face.

“I guess our mothers will be happy very soon, little deer boy.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for any mistakes this is still unedited and short and crappy but I'm leaving for the weekend so I updated it today. 

If I'll find the time I'll try to write the next chapter during my trip.

Comments are welcomed <3

PS: I hope you're not confused anymore about Taemin and Luhan's relationship.