Infirmary

Kichan & IU ~ Forever in My Heart

>>Author's Note<<

This is the first time writing it directly.Usually I'll write on paper first.Not sure,if this will be a successful chapter.But maybe it can be a success >.< Enjoy~

 

>>Chapter 7~>Infirmary<<

 

Your alarm clock rang and for the first time,you're lazy to wake up.You usually jumped from your bed and ran to the bathroom,leaving the clock to stop on its own.But today was different,totally different.You stopped your clock and pull your blanket until it covers your face.

 

You felt really tired.You didn't get a good sleep.More appropriately,you barely even slept.Last night,when you tucked yourself into bed,your eyes became watery again.And only this morning you can sleep and a few minutes later,you heard an annoying ringing sound of your alarm clock.

 

Downstairs,your mom got a strange feeling when she didn't hear the sound of you showering.She climbed up the stairs just to check on you.She knocked on your door but didn't hear any respond.She twisted the doorknob and opened the door widely.

 

How strange to see you still in your bed while hugging your fluffy teddybear.Your mom felt sympathy.She thought you must be very tired until you can't get out from your bed.She woke you up gently.Instead of waking up,you cried and begged your mother to leave you alone.

 

"Oh my Ji-Eun.Are you okay?Are you having a fever?"your mom put her hand on your forehead.It feels really warm."You should rest.I'll call the school."

 

Just by hearing the word 'school',your eyes became fresh and wide."Aniya,omma.I'm fine.I want to go to school."You quickly rushed to the bathroom.

 

"The normal Lee Ji-Eun is back"your mother smiled relieved.

 

After showering,you quickly put on your school uniform.Then,you stand in front of the mirror and comb your long hair.Without a reason,you were in a rush as if you're late until you forgot to tie up your hair.You ran downstairs.

 

Your mom who can clearly hear your footsteps said,"Don't run down the stairs,honey.You'll get hurt."

 

You kissed your mom's cheek and said,"Araso.I won't.Gamsahabnida for the advice,omma.Love you," as you put on your shoes and went outside.

 

You suddenly realized you are not running to school but to Hong Ki's house.At the junction,you should be turning right to go to school but instead you turned left towards his direction.You stopped running and just walk normally.It's too late to turn back now.I'll reach his house soon.Even though I know he's probably not at home.But it's worth trying.

 

You suddenly felt nervous when you reached his front door.You try to calm yourself down.You knocked and opened the door gently.

 

"Good morning,auntie,"you greeted Hong Ki's mother with a smile.

 

"Good morning,Ji-Eun.Aren't you supposed to be with Honggunnie?He already left."

 

Like I thought."Yeah,I know.He must have gone to pick his new girlfriend.I just wanted to visit you,auntie"You didn't lie.You really did want to see your favorite aunt.

 

"Oh my.You look pale.Are you sick,dear?Come,sit here,"she patted the empty space beside her on the sofa.

 

You obeyed and politely sit next to her.

 

"I've been wondering.Why didn't you become his girlfriend?"she suddenly asked.

 

You startled a little.You didn't know how to answer."We look at each other just as cousins."You said it along with a sigh.

 

She nodded.You spent a few minutes there while watching television and talking with her.

 

"I should be going now,auntie.I'll come back later,"you smile sweetly.

 

"Ah,wait.Here.Please give this to Honggunnie.He was totally in a rush until he forgot to take this."she handed you Hong Ki's lunch box.

 

"I'll deliver this to him then."you smiled but it seems sad.

 

You don't know why but every time you hear Hong Ki's name,you'll become sad all of a sudden.

 

Because you were daydreaming,you arrived at school without realizing it.You were still daydreaming and you suddenly bumped into someone.You apologized without bother to look at his face.Yes,it's a guy.

 

You reached your class but Hong Ki's present is nowhere to be found.He's totally with Suzy now.Suzy?Hhmm.I'm the worst.Falling for your own best friend's boyfriend.Suzy-ah,mianhae.You sat at your seat with your head low.

 

"Pull up your face.Or your neck will get hurt."Hong Ki suddenly apeared.He squatted beside your desk and put his chin on your desk.

 

You're a bit shocked with his sudden appearance.You looked at his beautiful eyes that you never noticed before,his hair that is flying in front of his eyes and his whole face.Maybe because I knew I like him now that I realized his feature's details.No,I don't like him.I love him.

 

Hong Ki realized that you were staring at him for a really long time.You moved you attention to your lap back.His face was quite close just now too and now you're face is red.

 

"IU-ah,gwaenchanha?Your face is red.Are you having a fever?"he gently feel your forehead."Your forehead is warm!"he panicked."Hurry,follow me,"he grabbed your wrist and dragged you.

 

"What are you doing?Where are we going?"your voice is low.Your whole body is unstable.You suddenly fainted.

 

The last thing you saw was Hong Ki's panicked face.

((========================))

You dreamt that Hong Ki and Suzy are getting married.The worst thing is,the date of the wedding is on your birthday.Hong Ki didn't wish you a 'happy birthday' like usual.Instead,he pushed you away when you confessed to him.

 

"Kichan?"

 

"Suzy is the only one for me.And are you an idiot?Confessing to a groom?"he said cruelly then walked away.

 

"Kichan!!P-please...Please don't leave me.....I...I need you,"you begged but he didn't hear you because only you can hear it.

 

When you were about to collapse because of the push,you suddenly heard Hong Ki calling your name repeatedly

 

"IU-ah,IU-ah,what's wrong?Wake up!"

 

You woke up and found Hong Ki's panicked face again."Where am I?"

 

"In the infirmary,"he answered.

 

You got up and rubbed you face.But there is water at your eyes.Tears?

 

"Gwaenchanha?You were talking in your sleep and started crying."Hong Ki grabbed your shoulders and look you in the eyes.

 

"Talking?Talking how?"you asked curiously.

 

"You keep calling my name,"his face got red.

 

"That's it?"you asked to make sure.

 

"Yeah,"he answered.

 

Thank goodness I didn't said the rest of it - the part where you begged him and said you need him.

 

"What time is it?"you suddenly remembered that you were at school.

 

"It's already 9 pm,"he answered.

 

"There's still 1 hour left,"you climbed down your bed.

 

"Where do you think you're going,little Hime?"he blocked you and lift you to your bed back.

 

"I'm going to class.And why are you here?Shouldn't you be in class too?"she just realized.

 

"It's Japanese and I already told songsaengnim you were feeling unwell.Because,I'm already good in Japanese,he let me to take care of you,"he answered while tuck you with the blanket and patted your head.

 

You're really happy and you can't deny it.

 

"You have a fever of 38 degrees.Why did you even go to school?And by looking at you sleeping soundly just now,you didn't have enough sleep last night,right?"he asked.He totally understands you.

 

You nodded.Hong Ki startled.He didn't expect you would nod.*She really didn't sleep last night because of me?* He feels guilty.

 

He your head."Rest,go to sleep,"he commanded you.

 

You obeyed without any objection and lied back down.But before that,he punched your pillow so it will be puffy and comfortable for you.

 

He helped you pulled the blanket until your neck.He then patted your head and said,"Good girl" and gave a charming smile.

 

You hid your face under the blanket so that he wouldn't see you blushing.Suddenly you snapped from your happiness.Andwae!I can't.He's Suzy's boyfriend.As her best friend,I can't be happy like this.

 

You uncovered your face and Hong Ki's confused face turned into a smiling face back.

 

"Nee,Kichan,"you spoke.

 

"Yes,anything you want?Water,food?"he asked.

 

"No,thank you.Umm...I think you better leave.Suzy might misunderstand,"you finally said it.

 

"No,she wouldn't.She'll be fine.She asked me to keep you company too.After school is over,she will come here and all three of us can go home together,"he said calmly.

 

She did?"But,"

 

"Shh.Just go to sleep,"he cut you off.He put his index finger on your lips so that you won't continue anymore.

 

You hid back your face and pretended to sleep.You don't want this scene to continue.Your blanket suddenly got pull.

 

"Don't do that.You'll have difficulty in breathing,"he just pull until your neck.With his hand grabbing the end of the blanket,it result to his hand touched your neck.You just shut your eyes tightly.Hong Ki just chuckled seeing your odd behavior.

 

"I'm going out for a moment.Be a good girl and stay still,"Hong Ki ordered.Then he stood.You could hear the sound of the stool that he was sitting on.And you also heard the sound of the door opening and the shutting.

 

A few minutes later,Hong Ki returned.You were still awake but your eyes are close - you're pretending to be asleep.You can hear his footsteps coming closer and sat back down on the stool that was beside your bed.He your head then starts singing Girls Don't Know by FT Island.The korean boy band that you like.

 

"Jiwogo jiwo bwa do~Son ggeot hana jiwul soo eobt neun~Nae gaen ojik ha na bbuni saram~Geu nyeo reul bo naeyo,"he sang a phrase that means "I erase again and again~But I can't even forget her  finger's tips~She is the only one for me~And I let her go away."

 

"Yeoja neun sarangi molla~Ee seulpeun namja-e sarang eul molla~Nan ojik geu hyeon maneul gi da ri jana,"he continued singing the lyrics that mean "She doesn't know love~She doesn't know the love of a sad man~I'm still waiting only for her."

 

You always like his voice.It's gentle and easy to reconize.We once sing a duet when we were freshmen.Since then,we always sing together.But now,we rarely even sing.This is the first time I heard  Kichan's singing after for a long time.You guys decided to be  singers so that can always sing together.Hong Ki always compliment your singing too.

 

"I'm sorry I left you alone the other night.I really,really regretted it,"Hong Ki spoke to you but by thinking that you're already asleep."I totally forgot our promise.After this,I'll really promise right now,I'll never leave you alone.I need you too,IU-ah,"he continued.

 

Is he talking about last night when he left me alone and walked Suzy home?Wait,did he said 'I need you too'?So I did blabbed it out when I was asleep.But why is he saying that to me?Doesn't  he like Suzy?He's Suzy boyfriend.Did he fell asleep and dreamt about Suzy?No,he clearly said my name.

 

You felt a gentle on your head.You feel at east.Even though I have a fever,his hand remained warm.His hand moved to pinch softly on your cheek.Then,your cheek feel really warm.You felt that there's something ticklish on your face.When you opened your eyes,you saw Hong Ki's face close to yours and he left a little kiss on your cheek.And the ticklish thing was his hair brushing your face.

 

You shut back your eyes so that Hong Ki won't realize that you're actually awake.The place where Hong Ki kissed still feels warm.

 

Suddenly you heard the door opened.It's totally wasn't Hong Ki going out because you didn't hear the sound of the stool.

 

"She's still asleep?"asked a voice.You recognized the voice and in a flashed you know who's the owner of the voice.

 

"Ahh,Suzy.Yeah,she really went through a lot today.She must be really tired,"Hong Ki stated.You're really happy hearing that.If it's Hong Ki,he will always be concern about you and know what you're situation is like.

 

"I think you should piggy back her,prince charming,"Suzy rose both of her eyes.

 

"Not a bad idea."He lift you up easily but yet still carefully so you won't be awaken.He held you like a princess then he transfer you to his back - with the help of Suzy of course."Gaja,my princess."You understood English and you thought he was talking to Suzy because he'll never call you like that - especially not to his girlfriend's best friend while in front of his own girlfriend.

 

You comfortably rest your head on his shoulder.But you feel guilty - of course because of Suzy.You three start walking.He just smiled as he watch your cute face - without your awareness.

 


 

>>Author's Note<<

It came out different from what I thought yesterday.Well,maybe it's better?The statement in Orange Italicized are singing and lyrics to songs.Gaja is "let's go".If you guys forgot,the Red Italicized are in english.And I apologized for Hong Ki's cruelness in IU's dream.Oh yeah,are you guys curious about what happened to the lunch box?Want to know?Truthfully,I totally forgot about it >.< ngeeh~Well,don't forget to comment....