His Flashback

It happened over a coffee

 

They say, even if everything changes, memories do not..... 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback <<<<<<<<

 

Tao, Lay and Xiumin walked in the van carrying the coffees from the coffeeshop. Tao took a cup and handed it to Kris but he looked out of place so he asked, "Ge, whats up? Why do you look like you have seen a ghost?". Kris stared out of the window and whispered, "Mei… Mei…". Chen was reading a book but when he heard the name, he suddenly looked up and said, "Mei? Where? Isn’t she in America?"  Without looking at Chen, Kris tried to answer his question but his mind was pretty distracted because of the girl he just saw who looked awfully similar, "Yes but I thought.. that girl… Mei…

Tao shifted to his seat and replied, "Pretty sure that isn’t mei. She was speaking Korean. The last time I checked Mei is Chinese." When Luhan heard that, he lifted his eye brows, turned to Tao and asked, "Then what are we?"

Before Tao could reply, Lay jumped into the conversation and tried to clear the air, "Tao means, she was in China and then went to America. No one said about her coming to Korea or learning Korean right?"

Luhan ruffled his hair in frustration over his dongsaengs deductions and said, "Because Korean language can only be learned in Korea?" Xiumin looked at Lay and shook his head, he then handed Luhan his cup of coffee and said, "Drink this before you start snapping at everyone else. Seriously Luhan, why can’t you function without having coffee first thing in the morning. Anyways what they mean to say is that, it's not her. I was there as well."

Tao looked at Kris who was still staring out of the van even. He wish Manager Hyung would come soon. He didn't want Kris to go up to her and have his heart broken because he knew that was not Mei. He knew how Kris must be feeling because it was Mei who made him the way he was today. The cold, the chic and difficult to approach Kris. Kris was getting better with time but Tao was worried that this might take him back to the early days and he didnt want to see him like that anymore. He turned to the other guys and said, "We shouldn’t be talking about Mei infront of Kris gege, you know how he is sensitive about it."

 Luhan took a sip of the coffee, looked at Tao and then at Kris and replied, "He started it." "Luhan Please drink your coffee and Guys! I am still here" Said Kris clearly irritated. "And I didn’t say that’s mei. I said, I thought it was mei. She looks like Mei." Kris looked ahead with a determined look. He had finally decided and he was about to get out of the car when Luhan held his hand and said, “No. You are so not going up to her. Did you forget? We have debuted and fortunately or unfortunately we are quite famous so we can’t go up to girls and randomly strike a conversation. And besides, manager hyung is coming towards us."

 

That was the first time Kris had seen you. The guys had wanted to grab a coffee before the next schedule and he saw you chatting with the cashier. He was first surprised at the similarity between you and her. He wanted to go up to you but by the time he finally came to his senses, the manager had returned.  He hoped that you were a regular at the shop and he decided to come the next time. There was something about you and he wanted to get closer. He had to do this. Maybe he was searching for her in you. Maybe he wanted to get over her.

 

 

His POV

 

"Thank God, Manager Hyung came on time. I don't want any other member to look at her."