The Big Day

It happened over a coffee


                                                                                      Good things come to those who wait.... 

 

                                                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next few days were spent working at the coffee shop and writing some new articles.  The coffee shop was bustling with customers more than ever. People could be seen forming a line outside. Suddenly the coffee shop had become like the next big thing. You had spoken to Sasha and she was coming over the weekend, you could not wait to tell her about what happened. You weren’t sure whether she would believe you or not but you had to tell her. Not only because you met her favourite idol but because she was your best friend and she deserved to know everything. Aren't best friends suppose to know and be told everything? 

 

You hadn’t seen Joong oppa for some days and you were beginning to wonder why. Everyone seemed so caught up in thier work and well, the F4 as you like to call them, wasn't exactly in need of the work, they were just doing this for fun, so you didn't ask, maybe he was busy with his real work.  It was now Friday, the day when your article was to be published. You could not sleep the previous night. You were wondering if the article would be loved and appreciated. Frankly after the horrendous meeting with the publisher, you had begun to doubt on your writing skills and you really desperately wanted it to work.

 

You woke up early and went to the bookstore, savouring the sweet lolipop that you bought on the way. You picked up the magazine and walked towards the coffee shop, you could not wait to read the article though you were the one who had written it. It would look different in the magazine right? You scanned through the contents and found articles from various writers like Lovely bones98, octa82 ichigo, beloved yulvhie. You liked the creativity in their names and made a mental note to read them later. You were searching for your article when you saw two names on the letter section, sehun19 and EXOKris0611. They had written stating how they were eagerly waiting for this issue. You loved the fact that there were many EXO fans waiting for this issue to see their oppa's. You wonder if Sehun was included on the pictorial since you had not seen him at the photo shoot and then you see his interview on graduating school. You can't help but question whether it is Kris himself who have written to the magazine since he is so eager to have more fans. You then laugh out over your silly thoughts and remind yourself that you had agreed to be friends with him.

 

You finally find the page where your article is and you opened it eagerly. You saw the picture that they had used. The one where you were suppose to show three different kinds of emotions at once. The photographer obviously knew what he wanted and his work because the picture looked wonderful. Calm, mysterious and soothing at the same time. Your face was hidden partially but you could see the emotions that were needed to be portrayed. Kris had his back towards the camera and his face could not be seen and no one would be able to make it out that it was him. Thank GOD for it or you would have to face the wrath of his fans. You still could not forget how the fans reacted when Kris took a picture with a fan abroad. Sometimes you wondered if some fans were too extreme.

 

You saw the picture and you wondered how Kris was. It had been days since you had last seen him. You wondered if he would acknowledge you if he saw you during the fan meetings. You would obviously go to cheer for Luhan but you still wondered. EXO had been busy with their comeback stages and just the other day they had won another award. Luhan looked awesome as ever and you did notice Kris too. 

 

This was your first article and you earnestly hoped that the people would like it. The article had linked your blog along with your new twitter account which you had solely created for this purpose. You thought this would be a great way of communicating. You mentally remind yourself to check your twitter later. You reached the coffee shop early, your shift was later in the afternoon but you wanted to spend some time with eun unnie as she sounded upset last night and she asked you to come. The shop wasn’t suppose to open until later.

 

As you walked in, there were loud noises. “Congratulations little one!”, yelled Eun unnie. You looked around and saw everyone carrying party creepers and wearing party hats. All wearing casual clothing and looking handsome as ever. Joong Oppa was there as well. Minho oppa came and hugged you tightly. You gasped for air and you somehow managed to say, “Can’t breathe… release.. oppa…” Joong oppa walked towards you and pulled minho oppa away from you.

 

You sat down on the nearest chair and tried to catch your breathe, Joong oppa bend down, ruffled your hair, gave you a red rose, smiled and said, “Congratulations, I am so happy for you”You swore your heart skipped a beat when he smiled at you. Before you could say anything, Minho Oppa came over and yelled, “Yah! I was talking to her, why did you push me away?”

“Probably because she was having a hard time breathing?” said Joon Oppa as he walked towards you and hugged you lightly.

You smiled at him and meronged at Minho Oppa. You liked Minho Oppa but his skinship was excessive at times.You remember the time when you were drinking your coffee and he suddenly hugged you from the back saying he missed you. You nearly choked at the sudden and close skinship. You were okay with skinship but a little warning won’t hurt anyone.You turned your attention towards Joong Oppa and said, “Oppa, where have you been? I haven’t seen you for the last few days.”. Joong Oppa smiled and was about to say something when Eun Unnie looked at you surprised and said, “You don’t know? No one told you?”

 

You gave her a “I don’t know what you are talking about” look. She smiled and said, “Our Joong is becoming a singer. He has been writing songs for long and now he’ has debuted as a solo singer. His album is coming out soon and his new single “unbreakable” released 2 days back. That is why Mr. Popular could not come to the coffee shop. Didn’t you wonder why there were suddenly so many girls in the coffee shop?”

 

Your mouth formed an O and your eyes turned big as Chanyeol's as you turned to look at Kim Hyun Joong Oppa.

 

                                                              ---------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A/N: Wait what?? How come Kim Hyun Joong became a singer? Will people appreciate your article? Will Sasha believe your story? Most importantly, will you meet Kris ever again? 

Shoutout to my new subbies, more shoutouts on the next chapter. Thank you for reading this, Please continue supporting ^_^