Prologue - Part Two

Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was time to go the next morning. We would go back to Seoul and start our second year.

I finally got a place at Guleum High School of Arts, the same institution where Jongin was studying. While he majored in dance and movement, I chose to delve into voice and song writing. Even though I was excited to go, the dread of leaving this wonderful place and face a million new faces was threatening to consume me. Just the thought of the first couple of days made my stomach turn.

At least I would have Jongin by my side. He would keep me safe from the masses - he promised. My brother, Minam, and Jongin were putting the last couple of bags into the car. Every year, I had spent all summer at my Grandma's and this year was, of course, no exception. But this time, I could bring Jongin with me. Grandma had been a bit sick this year and my mom was going to spend some time with her alone before she would go back.

Minam had driven up here with my mom, just to drive us home. I was grateful for it. Even though he was busy preparing for university, he had taken out time for us.

Hearing the familiar footsteps of my grandmother dragging across the ground, I turned and ran to her. Seeing her in her weakened state made the tears gather in my eyes. She was in countryside all alone, with no one to take care of her. I hugged her goodbye, praying in my head that she would be safe and that I would be able to visit her next year. I just didn't know at that time that it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter