Chapter Thirteen

Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo POV

”Hey, don’t you dare throw that! My hair took like half an hour to do!” Baekhyun shrieked, as Sehun lifted his hand to throw the snowball.

We were on our way to Minna’s house. It was finally time to celebrate Christmas. The evening was already dark, and the boys and I were already a bit late (this all due to Baekhyun being late. Why use so much time on your hair?).

The small package lied warmly in my pocket. I was both excited and scared to give it to her. She would like it right?

“Ey mate, what did you buy the lovely miss giant?” Chen asked with a smirk. “Something great”, Lay said before I could even open my mouth, “He knows her the best, so he probably bought something that’ll outshine all of our gifts”.

I grinned and gained some oohs from the others. “Mine is better I’m sure!” Baekhyun said proudly.

Apparently the others had gone out shopping together and had found all kinds of things. Some were great and some weren’t. Really, I was sure that Sehun just had bought like a bubble tea coupon only or something like.

“Well I’m just looking forward to what she bought me”, Chanyeol said dreamingly, “Wait Kyungsoo, you were out with her shopping right?”

Remembering our shopping trip and how much fun we had, the corners of my lips automatically went up.

“Yeah why?” I answered with assumed big eyes.

“Tell me what she bought me!” Chanyeol begged. In the corner of my eye I saw Baekhyun opening his mouth to beg to but I quickly answered that it was her surprise for them.  

“Aw come on!” Sehun whined.

“Well at least she didn’t buy you a bubbletea coupon like you did to her”, I said mockingly.

“It’s a great gift okay?” Sehun snorted, “It’s not a burden such as Chanyeol’s! He bought her iPhone covers okay? Does she even have an iPhone?”

They bickered all the way to her house about who had given her the worse gift, the front-runners being Sehun and Chanyeol.

The anticipation sat in my throat as we stood on the front steps. I quickly rang the bell and heard a muffled yell, before the door opened.

A smiling middle-aged woman greeted us. She was wearing an apron over her simple yet elegant clothing.

“You must be the boys! Oh my god, you’re a grand one, well not as big as my own son”, she laughed as she let us in, the indulging smell welcoming us all.

“Hang the coats there and come in! I put out drinks in the living room”, she said leaving for the kitchen.

It was a fairly big apartment. The living room was lit in a cosy yellow light and there were Christmas decorations hanging around, creating a nice atmosphere.

“So where is the host?” Chanyeol said looking around, probably after the snacks. I went looking for her and at the same time looking around.

I saw pictures of her and her brother standing in front of the Big Ben, smiling, looking carefree. I smiled at the happy look on her face.

“Oh Kyungsoo! You’re here”, I heard her voice say behind my back. I turned around and almost visibly swallowed.

She was wearing a dark blue dress, which was hugging her the right places if you know what I mean. She had curled her hair into big soft curls, which lay softly on each side of the simple necklace she was wearing.

She had worn make up again, emphasizing her eyes. She had her lips in a light red tone, making them look even plumper (and more kissable).

“Do you think they will make fun of me?” She asked with concern in her eyes, touching her hair.

I laughed. She looked amazing. If they even dared… “No, you look lovely”, I said with a crooked smile.

She lowered her head and gave me a shy smile before she led me back into the living room.

 

Minna POV

I sat looking at the photo album once again, reminiscing the past. I sat staring at the picture of Jongin and me, the one we had taken the Christmas before. My heart felt heavy, as if a stone had been tied to my chest. I lay the picture to my side and tried to massage my shoulder. I could feel all the tension building up already.

“They’re here!” I heard my mom call. I quickly closed the photo album and put it away. I still needed to do my lipstick and mascara.

I’ve got to hurry! I thought, red is good, just dab on a little bit. I had curled my hair for the occasion, but right then I fe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter