Chapter Ten

Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo POV

I stood in the music room practising for the upcoming music test. It was already December and the midterms were coming faster than I felt they should. It felt just like yesterday that I spend the day lying under the big oak looking at clouds that looked like clumps of poop.

I looked at Minna who was sitting on a chair listening concentrated on my singing, looking down on the scores that I was singing after. She had a hand under her chin and sat slumped in over the little table that was attached to the chair. I had quickly found out that she had an ear for listening. She could always quickly notice whenever someone under-pitched or over-pitched and therefore she always helped me practising.

“Under pitch. Again”.

I sang the sentence again. We had spent quite a lot of time together since she started and we had grown pretty close. I enjoyed being with just her. Her being around me made me calm and happier. Whenever she was around, my thoughts didn’t wander as much and I always had a slight smirk on my lips, if not a grin.

Even though she was close with the others and joked a lot around with them, I was still the one who knew her the best. It wasn’t until she called me for the first time that I realized that she had grown on me that I felt the urge to protect her with everything I could.

Remember that time where she stopped in pain the first time we went home together? After that I started to notice her slight limp and how she always would put her weight on the left leg whenever we would stand still. She never ever crossed her legs as most of the girls always do, and she never attended PE classes.

Once the wind had been quite strong and her skirt had lifted a tad more, showing a bandage around her right thigh. Not that I looked at her or thighs or anything for me to notice that.

It was still a mystery what had happened and I was curious. Whenever I tried to ask she always averted it in some kind of way but still I tried to push just a bi more each time.

I knew that I was pushing it but slowly I got more information out of her. I now knew that she had been in an accident and that her brother still hadn’t been admitted from the hospital after 4 months but I knew no more than that.

She never told me what exactly had happened and I never suspected her accident to have anything to do with Kai’s death. I just figured that there had been many car accidents that summer.

I finished the song. She stretched and clapped as she yawned, which looked quite strange but still kind of cute, as I sat on the chair next to her.

“You need to remember to start out soft and then end it strong, and then there shouldn’t be any problem. You’re going to get an A+ within a blink of an eye”, she said and gave me thumbs up. I grinned at her and sat down next to her.

She yawned again and blew her bangs. She had dragged me to the haircutter’s and I had watched her getting her bangs cut. Now she had a more innocent look to her face and her aegyo was even more effective. Damn that Baekhyun for teaching her that. Whenever she lost in a game of who had to get the cake or ice cream or drinks, she used her aegyo and I always ended up going with her. Not that I minded that.

I looked at her for a moment. She looked tired as if all of her energy had been used up, the dark circles her eyes making her look even more dead. Her lips were dry and her puffy eyes gave her away. I felt sorry that I had asked her to stay here with me to practise when she clearly had something nagging her and even though I shouldn’t, I felt hurt that she didn’t tell me about it.

She looked at me, waving a hand in front of my face. “Is there something on my face Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter