Chapter Twelve

Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minna POV

I stood in front of the train station, where I was supposed to meet Kyungsoo. It was Saturday morning, around 9 o’clock, still early enough for it to be less crowded in the streets.

I sighed. Last time I had been out alone in a crowded place, I had ended up running home with a panic attack running through my veins and then was found unconscious on the floor in our entre.

It had been a look in the wrong direction, an illusion of the person I missed the most that had caused it all. The sudden thought of him and the sudden attention I got as I stumbled into a little kid, made the suppressed guilt break free from the fragile cage it was lock in.

I sighed at the thought. Hopefully I wouldn’t get an attack while as was with Kyungsoo. I somehow knew I wouldn’t get one.

Whenever I was with him, I felt secure. I felt safe. As if we were in this kind of bubble. His warm presence and smile could almost make me forget everything.

I looked at my watch. It was a sunny day, the snow glittering like diamonds. I took a deep breath and exhaled to see the white puffs coming out of my mouth.

“Sorry I’m late”, I heard him saying behind me. I turned around with a grin on my face and said, “It’s okay. It’s pretty early”.

He was wearing a black trench coat and big winter boots, and in that moment I wondered why he didn’t have a girlfriend yet.

He stopped and looked at me. “What?” I said, lifting a brow. “It’s just that… You’re wearing makeup?” he said with a slight smile. I felt like face palming myself. I had drawn a wing with a liquid liner, balancing out the make up with some brown eyeliner on the lower outer third of my eye and some white in the inner corner to brighten up the eye. Yes I was wearing make up.     

“You know, if it was allowed to wear make up to school I would do that everyday”, I said with a shrug. He didn’t have to know that I usually would wear some concealer and do a little tight lining.

“It looks pretty”.

I bit my lip and looked down as I muffled a thank you. Why did I like that comment so much?

I shook the comment of my mind.

“Let’s go!” I said with a smile.

 

 

We arrived in Myeongdong around 10. The stores were slowly opening and the Christmas shopping was already beginning. Some also had gotten the idea to start out early, and there were more people than I had expected.

“So where do you want to start?” he asked with a smile. I had to buy presents for the boys, my mom and my brother. Other than my mom, whom I knew wanted a new perfume; I had no idea what to buy.

“To be honest, I have no idea of what the others like”, I said with a grimace.      

“Well… Then it’s good that you have mister childhood-friends-with-all-them-boys here by your side”, he said making a silly pose.

“Then show me the way~”, I answered laughing.

 

 

“… And then one time, I think it was second year middle school, he wanted a ferret! The reason being that he had been in a ferret club when he was in primary school and he missed having a furry friend”, Kyungsoo told.

We had been walking around for almost two hours now. I had only found Lay and Sehun’s presents so far and we probably could have used the time better, instead of walking around in this cold.

The time had flown away. Kyungsoo entertained me with funny stories about their middle school time, the time where he had gotten really close to the others

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter