Chapter 14

831

Jin Woo dropped his phone. He knew Ha Jeong could not lie to herself for much longer. He took off the couple ring.

“I should have come to you sooner…” Jin Woo whispered silently before throwing the ring far into the lake.

He sighed before calling Tae Song.

“I think this will be the last time I will be working with you. I need to go back to America for personal reasons…” He said.

“Just finish up with B.A.P’s new album and Ji Eun’s solo. I will pay you rest when it is completed.” Tae Song said.

Jin Woo agreed and hung up.

~~~ Time Skip ~~~

Jin Woo walked into his apartment. He sighed before pulling a box out from under his bed. He brushed away the dust and opened the box.  He stared at the three precious things in the box. It was a photo of Ha Jeong kissing Jin Woo on the cheek framed, the movie ticket from their first date and a sliver watch.

~~~~ Flash back ~~~~

Jin Woo was ignoring everything Ha Jeong was saying.

“I said I am sorry! He was just an old friend. I will never talk to him again….” Ha Jeong kept trying to chase the long legged Jin Woo with her short legs which had to work twice as fast.

“Hey! You two love birds!” a Man called out to Jin Woo and Ha Jeong.

“We are giving out free photos in beautiful frames of your choice for only $5 dollars. Would you like a ‘couple’ photo?” he asked.

Jin Woo just stood there. Ha Jeong smiled. He paid the guy $5 and stood in front the camera. The man focused he camera and was about to take the photo but the man called out to Jin Woo.

“Young man can you smile slightly…?” He asked.

“This is how I smile….” Jin Woo looked so gloomy. Ha Jeong pouted at glared at Jin Woo.

“Okay then I will just take the photo.” The man focused the camera once more. Jin Woo was still angry and didn’t want to smile.

“3! 2! 1!” The flash went off.

Jin Woo felt a pair of lips press against his cheek. He then turned around to say something to Ha Jeong but she was smiling her cheeky smile and stuck her tongue out at him.

“That’s what you get for not listening to me!” Ha Jeong then ran up to the man to get the photo. Jin Woo smiled staring at the backside of Ha Jeong.

~~~~~ End of Flashback ~~~~~~

Jin Woo sighed before placing the photo in the bin. He felt his eye getting watery but he held the tears back.

He looked at the movie tickets. It was the first date they went on; Ha Jeong fell asleep on Jin Woo’s shoulder and he clearly remembered the feeling. His heart started to hurt again. He took out the pills and swallowed the pills. He ripped up the tickets and chucked it in to the bin. It felt like he was throwing away parts of him but he knew he had to move on. It was too late, Ha Jeong had already moved on.

He started at the first present which was the sliver watch, it was the first present Ha Jeong had given to him on his birthday. Most people gave him something with gold on it since it was his 21st birthday but Ha Jeong gave him a sliver watch. He remembered asking her why a sliver watch and she said ‘I think sliver it was precious…’ That’s what he liked about Ha Jeong, her uniqueness but now that was a memory.

He stood up and walked over to the bin and held his tightly clenched hand over the bin. He forced himself to loosen the grip around the watch and he heard it fall into the bin. He peered into the bin. The glass on the watch had cracked; that’s how his heart felt.

Ji Eun stood outside holding her wine glass and stared at the moon.

“It’s the end now. I want to leave too.” Ji Eun then reached out her wine glass over the balcony.

“I want to get rid of my feelings for you just like this.” Ji Eun then poured out all the contents over the balcony.

Ji Eun then sat down in a chair and stared at the moonlight. She felt the subtle rays of the moonlight on her face. Before sighing and closing her eyes.

The next day Zelo and the others came to Ji Eun’s room to wake her up for the birthday breakfast the hotel had set up, but she was gone. There was no note, her stuff was still here and only her passport and wallet was gone.

“Call Yongguk and ask if she is next door.” Himchan than ran out of the building to go ahead with Hana, Youngjae and Sunhwa to look around in Seoul.

“Hello?”

“Ji Eun is missing!!” Zelo yelled over the phone.

“What?” Yongguk then ran other to Ji Eun and Hana’s house and when they went in Ji Eun was nowhere to be seen.

“She’s not at her house.” Yongguk was starting to feel anxious. Ha Jeong ran over to Hyosung and Sunhwa’s apartment but she wasn’t in there either.

Ha Jeong and Yongguk grabbed the keys and a wallet and ran out to find Ji Eun.

“Yongguk start listing all the places Ji Eun and you used to go to when you were dating.” Ha Jeong then pulled out her notebook and began to list the places. In Total there were 24 four places.

Ha Jeong then divided it by 3 and texted predicted locations Ji Eun might be and kept the first eight for themselves, the next lot to Hana and Himchan and the last eight to Sunhwa and Youngjae.

“If you spot her alert everyone else immediately…” Yongguk then pulled down his cap more so no one would recognise him.

Suddenly the phone rang. It was Hyosung.

“Ji Eun is definitely not in Jeju Do Zelo, and I looked around the hotel. Daehyun and Iseul asked the hotel staff and apparently she left at around 4am. Rami, Ora, Eunjung and Jong Up are trying to track down the taxi she took to the airport to see if she had said anything that might lead us to- wait I got another call from Jong Up I will just join it…” Yongguk heard a beeping noise before Jong Up started to say hello.

“What did the Taxi driver say?” Yongguk asked.

“She said she was going to go to the final place to forget the memories …” Jong Up said.

Yongguk hung up.

“S-She is suiciding…” Yongguk felt crushing quilt. Ha Jeong ran over and gave him a hug.

“I know you just feel guilt and want to cry but if we don’t find her she might actually leave earth…” Ha Jeong said making Yongguk comeback to his senses.

“I think I know where she might be but we have to take that chance because by the time we arrive there it maybe the incorrect location and we will have no more time to go to the other places. Do you think we should go?” Yongguk asked.

“Trust your heart…if it was that special…Ji Eun would visit that place before she bids the world farewell.” Ha Jeong said placing her hand on his chest. She then pulled out her phone.

“Kris. Can you please come out? It’s urgent…it’s Ji Eun…”

Ji Eun sat in the corner of the room the whole place was tapped down with sticky tape so no oxygen could come in. She stared at the pair of scissors and at the gas pipe. She did hesitate for a second before cutting the gas pipe. She just hugged her knees and began to cry but she began to wipe away the tears.

“No. I want my last moment to be beautiful…” Ji Eun smiled slightly and closed her eyes.

Suddenly there was banging at the door.

“Open up!” Kris yelled.

‘Kris!’

Ji Eun’s eyes opened. She started to get up but stopped; she didn’t know if she wanted to see him anymore. He said he would never appear in front of her again.

“I think we have to knock down the door.” Ha Jeong, Kris and Yongguk pushed all their weight against the door Ji Eun had tapped shut.

Lucky the door opened after seven pushes. Yongguk was about to go in and say something to Ji Eun when Ha Jeong grabbed Yongguk’s sleeve. He turned at looked at Ha Jeong.

“She wants to see Kris…she already knows you don’t love her…but he does…” Ha Jeong then gave Kris a push. Kris stumbled lightly closer to the door.

He sighed and opened the door. Ji Eun looked up at him walking into the small house.

“I thought you said you were never going to appear in front of me again…” Ji Eun said in a small voice, tired from all this emotional stress.

“I only said that because I was angry. Not because I stopped loving you…” Kris tapped the gas pipe shut. Ji Eun just sighed before looking at Kris’s feet. She didn’t want to look at his face.

“I can be your puppet.” Kris suggested.

“What?” Ji Eun replied, confused.

“A puppet…someone you can use until you forget Yongguk. Use me to make him jealous or until your heart recovers so you can move on…” Kris smiled.

“Kris…” Ji Eun pleaded Kris to stop saying these things. She just felt guiltier by the minute.

“I don’t care if you use me as your puppet…at least I get to be with you right?” Kris beamed.

Ji Eun felt tears welling up in her eyes.

Kris just hugged Ji Eun, they were both crying tears but they were not tears of sorrow, but joy.

Yongguk and Ha Jeong stood outside and saw the two hugging each other.

“I think we should go…” Yongguk then walked away holding Ha Jeong’s hand.

“I think we have one more thing to take care of….” Ha Jeong smirked.

~~~~~ End of Chapter 14~~~~~

The story is almost over! 2 more chapters to go!!

Are you enjoying it??? Please give me some come feedback…