Chapter 13

831

Yongguk was lying peacefully in the middle of a beach, using Ha Jeong’s crossed legs as his pillow. Soft breezes brushed against his face and felt the warmth of the sunlight. Ha Jeong was brushing Yongguk’s hair back. It was so peaceful and he felt himself smiling while sleeping. Suddenly he saw Ha Jeong’s smile disappearing.

“This might be the last time I am allowed to do this. I don’t I can control my feeling for you if you keep doing this. I think Ji Eun’s here. I have to go….” Ha Jeong said as she got up.

‘No. Don’t go!’

 Yongguk grabbed Ha Jeong’s wrist. The beach disappeared and he was lying on the couch and actually holding onto Ha Jeong’s wrist. Ha Jeong stared at Yongguk and he looked straight back at him. He quickly let go of her wrist as he heard the door open and saw Ji Eun walk in with Zelo.

“Hi Ji Eun…” Yongguk said as he kissed her on the cheek and Ji Eun snuggled up next to him. They began to watch TV together but Yongguk just felt so uncomfortable.

A few minutes later Yongguk and Ji Eun headed back to Ji Eun’s dorm and Yongguk just slept on the bed. Ji Eun sighed before sitting on the chair outside on the balcony. She stared at the moon. She could tell Yongguk did not love her at all but her selfish self didn’t want him to leave her side.

She suddenly remembered Kris. Although she did not love him she remembered he was always there when she was sad or lonely. He would bring her home when she was passed out from being drunk; they had first met 4 years ago right after she had broken up with Yongguk.

Flash back

“You are so beautiful…” Kris said.

“Thanks…” Ji Eun said reading her lines.

“I am so happy I get to act with multi-talented person….” Kris smiled. He showed her his empty hand before squeezing his hands tightly and he finally revealed a rose. Ji Eun laughed. That was the first time she had laughed ever since her break up with Yongguk.

End of flash back

It had gotten awkward after he had confessed to her once 2 years ago but during the two years Ji Eun relied a lot on Kris.

“Fine. I will leave you alone….”

Ji Eun remembered what Kris said. She wanted to call him and talk to him about Yongguk and how he was dating her but he didn’t love her. Ji Eun hugged her knees and sighed.

Ha Jeong stared at her calendar. She had only 1 week left before her birthday. She sighed.

Tae Song had called her to his office.

“How is the book coming along?” Tae Song asked.

“It coming along fine…it should be finished by the next of next month.” Ha Jeong smiled.

“Good. I also heard you had saved Ji Eun 2 times.” Tae Song said. Ha Jeong stared at him confused. He replayed the CCTV footage of when she stopped Yongguk from stabbing Ji Eun and when she wolfed down the chocolates and fainted.

“Oh…There are CCTVs here…” Ha Jeong asked. She was afraid she would get in trouble.

“How should I repay you? Do you want money, a chance to appear on a show or be one of the backup singers of dancers?” Tae Song asked.

“No…I am fine…” Ha Jeong continued to sip her tea before getting up to leave.

Jin Woo had called Ha Jeong so she headed towards the recording studio.

“Do you want to try singing? I remember you were really good at singing…” Jin Woo smiled at Ha Jeong. Excited she ran into the studio and began to sing.

Ha Jeong then came out of the room. Jin Woo put the headsets on her ears so she could hear herself. She wasn’t bad for someone who had never gotten vocal training. Jin Woo put his arms around her waist. Ha Jeong smiled and closed her eyes and swayed to the music.

She hated herself for lying to herself but she didn’t want to be still hung up on Yongguk so she decided to give up.

“I told you if you didn’t change the conditions on the contract I would sue…” Kris glared at Sooman.

“You should be more thankful. If it wasn’t for me, no one would know who you are…” He smirked at Kris. Kris looked straight into Sooman’s eyes.

“You are smiling now but I will wipe that smile off your face…”  Kris then walked out the door.

“Yes this is Kris. Please set the court date for as soon as possible.….” He said to the lawyer.

“Where are you going?” Ha Jeong asked as she called out to the members.

“Ji Eun is having a 1 night and 2 day birthday party at Jeju Do…” YoungJae said walking out the door.

“See you Monday….” The rest walked out of the door.

Ha Jeong looked at them leave. Today was her birthday. She knew they were famous and had no time for her and also was much closer to Ji Eun but she hoped slightly they could be with her on her birthday. Suddenly her phone began to ring, it was Jin Woo.

“Ha Jeong!! Happy Birthday! I will head over as soon as I finish work.” Jin Woo said over the phone.

“Alright. See you later….” Ha Jeong then ended the call.

It was already 3pm and she was all alone.

“I am going to buy a cake!” Ha Jeong she got excited and left.

She headed towards the cake store.

“What kind of cake would you like?” The worker asked.

“I would like a cake that a tastes amazing….” Ha Jeong smiled at them.

They gave her a whipped cream and fruit cake in the shape of a rabbit.

“Thank you!” Ha Jeong paid for the cake and she got home and she took the cake out of the container and counted her candles for her birthday.

Zelo watched Yongguk standing next to Ji Eun. He looked so lifeless. Zelo didn’t understand why Yongguk was like this. He knew Yongguk wouldn’t have kissed Ha Jeong that day if he wasn’t in love with her.

“I can’t do this….” Zelo then called Ha Jeong.

“Hello?” Ha Jeong asked.

“I am sorry I forgot to call…” Zelo said through the phone.

“It’s okay. I never told you guys it was my birthday.” Ha Jeong laughed.

Zelo’s jaw dropped.

“It’s your birthday?” Zelo frowned.

“Yea…isn’t that why you were going to say Happy Birthday?” Ha Jeong sounded confused.

“Oh Yeah!Happy birthday!” Zelo smiled.

“Thanks…” Ha Jeong replied.

“I-I-I…” Zelo kept stuttering.

“What….?” Ha Jeong was beginning to think maybe Zelo was drunk from soju.

“Can I ask you something?” Zelo asked.

“Sure. What is it?” Ha Jeong put him on loud speaker and went to get plates.

“A guy normally doesn’t kiss a girl unless he loves them right…” Zelo knew the answer was obvious but he wanted to conform it before he told Ha Jeong.

“Duh.” Ha Jeong rolled her eyes.

“Oh okay. Then I think Yongguk loves you…” Ha Jeong dropped the plates. Luckily they were plastic.

“Are you okay?” Zelo asked. Ha Jeong didn’t reply.

“Look…the day you were in the hospital I saw Yongguk run to the hospital. He told me to get out of the room. I went to get a drink and came back and saw; Yongguk kissing you. I don’t know why he is with Ji Eun but I-“Zelo’s phone ran out of battery.

“Oh shoot!” Zelo then headed out of the hall to go to his hotel bedroom.

“Where are you going?” Yongguk asked.

“To charge my phone…” Zelo was about to walk out but he stopped.

“Yongguk…you don’t love Ji Eun do you. You love Ha Jeong…” Zelo said looking straight at Yongguk.

“I know you are with Ji Eun but everyone can tell you don’t love her…Ha Jeong is all alone on her birthday…” Zelo sighed before leaving.

Yongguk just stood there. He did not like the idea of Ha Jeong being all alone on her birthday.

‘You don’t love Ji Eun. You love Ha Jeong…’

The phrase kept repeating itself in his head. Yongguk couldn’t take it anymore began to walk out the door.

“Where are you going?” Ji Eun called out to him and grabbed onto his sleeve.

“I have to go to Ha Jeong. I love her. Ji Eun I am sorry about everything but I can’t do this anymore…” Yongguk said before pulling her hand off him and running out the door.

Yongguk ran outside for the taxi. He arrived at the airport just in time and caught the last plane back to Seoul.

‘Ha Jeong, I am coming for you. I will no longer run away…’

Ha Jeong sat in front of the cake. She knew it wasn’t Jin Woo that had kissed her. She called Jin Woo.

“Hi Honey.” Jin Woo said

“Jin Woo, you are a really nice guy and I loved you but I can’t spend the last 6 months with you anymore. Save your time and share it with people who love you back. I know I am being selfish but I can’t fake it anymore. I love Yongguk…” Ha Jeong’s voice was filled with guilt.

Ha Jeong realised Jin Woo had hung up on her. She sighed before lighting the candle by herself. She sang the Birthday song to herself, closed her eyes, made a wish and blew out the candles.

“Did you wish that I would show up?” Ha Jeong looked up to see Yongguk standing there.

“Why? How? What about Ji Eun?” Ha Jeong was confused but so happy. Her eyes were getting watery.

Yongguk walked up to her and kissed her. Ha Jeong felt the tears rolling down her face. After the kiss they hugged each other tightly. They finally let go of each other and sat down to eat some cake.

“831…” Ha Jeong whispered.

“What does that mean?” Yongguk asked taking a bite of the cake.

“Nothing…” Ha Jeong smiled and began to eat the cake piece.

Yongguk just smiled at her and they just sat there. It was so peaceful. 

~~~~End of chapter ~~~~~~