Chapter 15

831

“So, Miss Song…how can I help you?” Mr Kim asked. He was Korea’s TOP newspaper editing manager.

She glared at Mr Kim.

“How about starting with deleting those photos you took without permission?” She glared at him holding the file with Song Ji Eun written on it.

“These are my property…” The man started to slide the files away from her. She stood up and slapped the files down along with the middle aged man’s hand and pressed them really hard onto the table. The man did all he could to stop himself from letting out a little scream.

“Paragraph 6 section 3: whoever threatens another with any injury to this person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of any one in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he or she is not willing to do will be charged guilty. And you, you are one hundred percent guilty…” Ha Jeong said glaring at the man.

“Not only did you black mail her into to doing an intimate act she was not willing to do, but you used photography to continue black mailing her using the intimate act she was  not willing to do against her to pay you millions of dollars. You are now under arrest…you have the right to remain silent; anything you say now shall be used against you at court.” A young women hand cuffed the old man and took him down to the police car.

“Ji Eun. This is Kim Seo Jun. He is an excellent lawyer who will help you out at court a definitely send him to jail. Your privacy will be kept and all types of media related companies will be fined from releasing this public to the news. He is a good lawyer; you are in good hands…” Ha Jeong smiled.

Then she began to walk out the door so that Ji Eun and Seo Jun could discuss the legal matters.

“I didn’t know you knew law…” Yongguk smiled.

“I studied it a little bit.” Ha Jeong then smiled cheekily before running after from Yongguk.

He caught her before she was about to run onto the road and in front of cars. Yongguk grabbed Ha Jeong’s wrist and pulled her into his arms as the car driving at a dangerous speed sped past.

“Y-You need to be more careful…”Yongguk scolded her but felt awkward hugging Ha Jeong like that.

Ha Jeong smiled and leaned her head on Yongguk’s chest and put her arms around his waist. Before taking huge sniff of Yongguk’s smell.

“I will never forget this smell…” Ha Jeong said not letting go.

“Of course you won’t…I am the only guy on earth who uses cologne that smells like spicy noodles…” Yongguk and pulled Ha Jeong in more closely and hugged her back.

Ha Jeong and Yongguk spend an amazing week together. It was probably because their love was finally requited; but Ha Jeong did start to get worried because she hadn’t seen Jin Woo the whole week and every time she tried to call him he didn’t pick up. She sighed before walking over to sit next to Yongguk to watch Daehyun and Iseul’s final scene together.

“Ready…ACTION!” The director yelled.

“I just don’t like seeing you talking to other guys…” Daehyun pouted before turning around to make more coffee.

“Why? Are you jealous?” Iseul asked smiling trying to guess what expression Daehyun had on his face.

Daehyun just ignored her and finished making the coffee and placed it on table seven.

“Are you angry?” Iseul poked his cheek.

Daehyun fumed and he turned around scaring Iseul she tripped backwards. Daehyun caught her before she fell over. Daehyun coughed to get rid of the awkward atmosphere and helped Iseul get up. He walked behind the counter again.

“Hey…” Daehyun turned around and Iseul pulled him by the tie and kissed him over the counter.

“That’s what you get for being untruthful to me! Should’ve told me earlier…” Iseul smiled cheekily at him.

“Cut! Good Job!” the director yelled.

Iseul suddenly ran off stage and dragged Ha Jeong into the bathroom.

“OMG! I don’t know why but-“Iseul got cut off by Ha Jeong.

“Your heart is beating really fast. You might be interested in him a little bit…” Ha Jeong smiled before dragging Iseul out to face Daehyun.

“Do you have time this Friday?” Daehyun asked Iseul awkwardly.

“Maybe…?” Iseul looked awkwardly away from Daehyun’s eyes. Daehyun smiled brightly.

“Okay, then meet me in front of the dorms at 7 pm!” Daehyun then ran away.

Iseul tried to contain her smile as she walked away. Yongguk and Ha Jeong just laughed at the two. H Jeong sat down. Yongguk came up an held out his hand to her. Ha Jeong blushed before grabbing it.

“I want you to pass me the jacket that you are sitting on…” Yongguk said letting go of Ha Jeong’s hand.

Ha Jeong glared at Yongguk turned to look the other way.

“I was kidding…” Yongguk whispered as he leaned into pick up his jacket.

“Yongguk if we were at home right now I would have killed you right now!” Ha Jeong hissed at Yongguk.

“That’s why I tease you outside the home.” Yongguk then walked off. Ha Jeong jumped up and tried to catch up to Yongguk. He ran out but she caught up to him. Yongguk back hugged Ha Jeong from the back. Ha Jeong blushed and just looked at the floor. Yongguk loved the feeling, Ha Jeong fit perfectly around her.

There were no words needed.

Everyone thought finally everyone had a happy ending but they were so wrong.

Ha Jeong went on Facebook and saw an article and saw something she began to wish was not true.

“EXO Kris’ Lawsuit Against SM” and “EXO’s Kris is leaving the group”.

Ha Jeong’s eyes widened and she called Ji Eun.

“What?” Ji Eun asked over the phone she seemed to be puffing.

“K-Kris…” Ha Jeong couldn’t get the words out.

“What is wrong…?” Ji Eun sounded confused.

“Go on the internet…”Ha Jeong whispered.

Ji Eun went onto the internet and saw the articles. She froze.

“Kris is leaving today for China. His flight is at 2pm. If you start going now you can make it!” Ha Jeong yelled.

Ji Eun hung up and stood up from her chair.

“Ji Eun? Where are you going?” Hana asked.

“I-I need to g-go to Kris!” JI Eun was about to run out but Hana stopped her.

“No! Please! I need to go to him! I haven’t told him how I feel!” JI Eun tried to twist her arm out of Hana’s grasp.

“If you’re going to go to the airport you will need a disguise!” Hana smiled. Ji Eun smiled and hugged Hana.

“Thank you so much!” Ji Eun then put on her glasses and long coat and a hat then ran outside for a taxi.

“To Incheon Airport! Please hurry!” JI Eun then looked out the window.

‘Kris! Wait a little longer!’

After about 2 hours Ji Eun finally arrived at the Airport and began to run around. She felt her glasses steaming up and her body sweating from underneath the thick cloak; she was desperate to find him, she need tell him.

Just when she was about to give up she saw Kris walking slowly into get onto the plane.

“Kris!” Ji Eun yelled. As she ran up to him Kris turned around and was surprised.

“Ji Eun I-“Kris got cut off. Ji Eun just wrapped her arms around Kris’s neck and kissed him there and then, and for the first time in ages it felt so right. Kris just stood there shocked, but glad.

“You don’t have to be my puppet. You know why? Because I love you! I thought I wasn’t sure but when I heard you were leaving, I-I had to get to you, y-you make me happy…” Ji Eun smiled with tears welling up.

“I do too…” Kris then kissed Ji Eun one more time before hugging Ji Eun.

Kris still did need to leave but he promised to come back for her.

Ji Eun called Ha Jeong out that night to talk with her in her dorm. Ha Jeong sighed before walking into her house.

“Sit…” Ji Eun gestured to an empty chair.

Ha Jeong cautiously sat down.

“I know I was . I guess I was just jealous of what you had with Yongguk, because that would have been me if I hadn’t left him…I just felt angry knowing he was smiling and with another women when I had given up everything for him. Of course that was my choice but I couldn’t…” Ji Eun sighed.

“I understand. I would have felt the same way if Jin Woo had done that to me….but more importantly I think you should have a talk with Yongguk…” Ha Jeong turned to look at Yongguk walking into the room.

Ha Jeong hugged Ji Eun before walking out of the room to leave then together.

“I –I am sorry for all the tears I caused you to cry…” Yongguk sat there not looking into her eyes.

“I can’t blame you. It was my choice. Also I can’t control where your heart goes….” Ji Eun smiled.

“But now I am happy with Kris…I found my half…” Ji Eun hugged Yongguk.

“Don’t feel guilty. Instead spend that time loving Ha Jeong more…” Ji Eun whispered to Yongguk. Yongguk stood up and left the room.

Ji Eun sat there with her cup of tea and picked up her phone.

“Hello?” Ji Eun smiled as soon as she heard his voice.

“How’s China?” Ji Eun asked.

“It’s dull. Because you aren’t there…” Kris said. Ji Eun could sense Kris smiling.

Ji Eun just smiled and laughed; he made her smile she just couldn’t stop, she loved him and he loved her too.

“A trip?” Ha Jeong asked as she chopped up the vegetables.

“Yea…to Busan…”Yongguk said as he hugged her waist from the back. Ha Jeong just smiled.

“Sure…” Ha Jeong giggled.

“Oh please. Get a room….” Zelo said as he walked into the kitchen making Ha Jeong bumped Yongguk off with her bum, while Yongguk pretended he was getting something out of the draw.

Zelo smiled before walking out again.

A few hours later Ha Jeong and Yongguk was catching a bus to go the country side. Ha Jeong fell asleep on Yongguk’s shoulder. Yongguk couldn’t help but keep staring at her lips. His heart was beating really fast.

He gulped down a bit of saliva to calm himself down but he couldn’t. He quickly leaned in and kissed her; he shot back up and looked out the window as if nothing happened.

“Can’t you control yourself?” Ha Jeong smiled as she opened he eyes. Yongguk turned beetroot red.

Ha Jeong then kissed Yongguk’s cheek.

“If you want kisses just ask…” Ha Jeong stuck her tongue out at Yongguk. Yongguk laughed at her.

They arrived at the place Yongguk wanted to take Ha Jeong to go explore the farms but it started t rain.

“That’s a shame….” Ha Jeong pouted as she stared at all the animals go into the shelter.

“Then how about we play in the rain?” Ha Jeong said as he put down his stuff on the seats and ran into the rain. Yongguk smiled before chasing her.

“No!” Ha Jeong ran from him but he caught her. Ha Jeong and Yongguk laughed in the pouring rain.

After about 2 hours Ha Jeong started to sneeze. Yongguk shook his head and went to a nearby shop and purchased new clothes that were dry and towels to dry themselves.

“You young couple look sweet. But have I seen the young man somewhere before?” The old granny asked.

“I am an Idol…” Yongguk smiled.

“Oh! You are A.B.P can I get a sign for my niece?” The grandma asked as she looked at Yongguk.

Yongguk grabbed a piece of paper nearby and signed it.

“It’s B.A.P not A.B.P but thank you for remembering us.” Yongguk smiled.

“You children need somewhere to stay?” She asked.

“No we are going to go back home…” Ha Jeong smiled at her.

“I don’t think you can, the trains and buses are all stopped because it’s too late.” The Grandma said.

 

Yongguk and Ha Jeong ended up staying in the last room available together.

“This was your plan from the beginning…” Ha Jeong glared at Yongguk.

“No it wasn’t…Now go to sleep, I am tired….”Yongguk murmured.

Ha Jeong growled at Yongguk. Ha Jeong slept on the blankets and Yongguk slept a metre away from Ha Jeong. Yongguk just couldn’t go to sleep knowing Ha Jeong was nearby his heart was beating at a crazy speed.

Ha Jeong was beating too but she was too tired so she fell asleep but she was just too tired from the couple of days before and she fell asleep.

She was standing over the cliff holding onto Jin Woo and Yongguk by their hands. She could feel herself sliding off the cliff and she knew she could only save one person.

“No!” Ha Jeong tried to pull up both of them.

“You need to let go of me…” Jin Woo whispered.

“No! I don’t want to…” Ha Jeong was breathing rapidly.

Jin Woo smiled before loosening Ha Jeong grasp. Ha Jeong watched Jin Woo falling. Jin Woo smiled at her for the last time before closing his eyes. Ha Jeong was terrified she pulled up Yongguk. There were tears in her eyes but she was too scared to cry. She had done nothing right.

Yongguk woke to the sound of Ha Jeong crying.

“Ha Jeong!” Yongguk shook Ha Jeong until she was awake.

“I-I-I killed him, Yongguk I killed him…” Ha Jeong was struck with fear and she hugged Yongguk tightly.

“I-I-I killed Jin Woo…”Ha Jeong cried on Yongguk’s shirt.

“It was just a dream. Jin Woo is fine. It was just a dream…” Yongguk said as she Ha Jeong.

Ji Eun and he had tidied up their relationship mess but Ha Jeong didn’t get a chance.

Yongguk sighed; he saw that Ha Jeong had fallen asleep again so he lied her down and lied next to her. He wiped the tears off her face and brushed her hair out of her face.  He her hug her and kept her close.

He didn’t know why but he felt like something bad was going to happen but he couldn’t tell what it was.

The next day Ha Jeong stretched her arms as far as she could and opened her eyes. Yongguk was nowhere to be seen. Ha Jeong started to look around for him; she went down stairs to the grandma.

“Excuse me have you seen Yongguk by any chance?” Ha Jeong looked out the door.

“He left early in the morning for a concert in Japan. He told me to give you this.” The grandma handed Ha Jeong a note.

‘I had to leave early for the concert in Japan

To present 1004 for the first time

I just couldn’t wake you…

You had a rough night so I let you sleep…

I paid the grandma everything in advance

So eat some food from the shop and catch the bus.

I will see you soon!        - Yongguk’

Ha Jeong smiled. She grabbed a sandwich and a bottle of water and changed into the spare clothing, thanked the grandma for her generosity and left.

She was thinking about Yongguk when suddenly her phone rang.

“Hello?” Ha Jeong picked up.

“It’s me…” Ha Jeong froze.

“Jin Woo…” Ha Jeong just stared out into the distance.

“I know I didn’t call you for a long time. I needed some time to clean up the mess.” Jin Woo sighed over the phone.

“I-I am sorry Jin Woo…” Ha Jeong kept biting her lips.

“It’s okay. I am okay, you moved on. I just have one request…I am going to America today. I need surgery and there is only a three percent success rate. Can you come with me? As a friend…?” Jin Woo pleaded over the phone.

Ha Jeong just sat there, and thought about Yongguk then Jin Woo.

“I-I can’t. I am really sorry…” Ha Jeong whispered.

“I knew you were going to say that.” Jin Woo laughed bitterly.

“831…” Jin Woo said to himself sighing for the last time before boarding the plane.

He was going to miss her but he knew the red string of fate tied to Ha Jeong’s finger was not tied to his; he just had accidentally interpreted the tangles as the knot.

Ha Jeong looked up and saw the buses coming and going. People were chattering and she could feel the spring breezes coming. With closed eyes she enjoyed the sun rays on her. She felt guilt but she didn’t want to do something her heart did not want.

Ha Jeong opened her eyes and saw a small boy run onto the road to get his soccer ball. She saw a car coming at a fast speed. Without thinking she ran and hugged the boy. Felt a huge impact on her lower body but tightly hugged the boy. Her body was flung 1metre away from the car.

“Miss?! Someone please call the police…” The boy’s mother panicked and called the ambulance.

Ha Jeong opened her eye and sighed before barely managing to say.

“Is he okay?” Ha Jeong asked before fainting.

Iseul ran into the hospital and found Ha Jeong lying on the bed.

“Is she alright?” Iseul asked the doctor.

“She is alright. She has a couple of broken bones but luckily none of her vital organs were injured, but we still need to keep a close eye on her.

Iseul sighed before calling Daehyun.

“She is okay… but don’t tell Yongguk until after the concert. Ha Jeong would have said so herself…” Iseul saw Ha Jeong waking up.

“I’ll call you back.” Iseul then walked into the room.

“Are you okay?!” Iseul yelled at Ha Jeong.

“I’m fine. Is the little boy okay?” Ha Jeong asked getting up.

“He is; his mother gave you this basket.” Iseul grunted as she lifted a giant basket full of goodies onto Ha Jeong’s bed.

“Aw. That lady is nice!” Ha Jeong exclaimed. Iseul rolled her eyes. Iseul was about to mention Jin Woo to Ha Jeong but she stopped herself. Ha Jeong finally happy.

“Ha Jeong apparently B.A.P just arrived in Japan.” Iseul squealed.

“That’s good.” Ha Jeong smiled.

“So how are things with Yongguk?” Iseul raised an eyebrow.

“He still hates me as always...I don't know what is wrong with him...?” Ha Jeong questioned Iseul. Iseul’s smile suddenly disappeared.

“You’re boyfriend…” Iseul answered slowly.Ha Jeong shook her head.

"I don't know what is wrong with you?" Ha Jeong laughed.

"Is this one of your pranks...?" Ha Jeong smiled.

Iseul was freaking out. Ha Jeong started to look through the photos on Iseul’s phone and pointed at Jin Woo.

“Who is he?” Ha Jeong asked.

“Jin Woo? Don’t you remember him?” Iseul asked.

“Who is that?” Ha Jeong asked. She was beginning to lose her patience.

“N-Nobody…” Iseul then ran out the room to get the doctor.

“Oh my god…” Iseul muttered. Iseul could tell when Ha Jeong was joking since she wasn’t a very good liar but for some reason Ha Jeong didn’t seem like she was joking.

~~~~ End of Chapter 15 ~~~~