Chapter 12

831

“I think it would be best if you went to the hospital…” Himchan said.

“Fine…” Yongguk said.

“I can’t take you there but Ha Jeong can.” Himchan shouted as he left the two together. There was a moment of silence before they headed out the door.

They arrived at the hospital and on the way they did not say anything to each other.

“Yongguk you need to have surgery you have a fractured bone that is bending in towards your lungs.” The doctor said.

They had everything prepared and Yongguk came out all okay but was still sleeping.

Ha Jeong pulled up his bed sheets and sat in front of him before calling Ji Eun.

“Hello?” Ji Eun said.

“Ji Eun. Yongguk just had his surgery and he is fine. When can you come over? I have to go on a date with Jin Woo…” Ha Jeong said.

“I think I can make it by 7pm…”Ji Eun looked at her schedule

“Okay I will stay until you arrive because they don’t know if his conditions might suddenly worsen…” Ha Jeong said.

“Okay. Thanks Ha Jeong. I am sorry about being so mean when I first met you…” Ji Eun said.

“It’s okay…” Ha Jeong then hung up.

She looked at Yongguk she could feel the emotions still trying to come out of the locked box but she controlled it well. Yongguk started to squirm and frown in his sleep. Ha Jeong thought he was having a nightmare so she was about to hold his hand but she was afraid to; Yongguk kept squirming and frowning and he even began to bang his hand against the wall bruising his bone.

“We are only friends anyway…”Ha Jeong them grabbed his hand tightly. Yongguk stopped moving and began to sleep peacefully again. Ha Jeong sighed before yawning. The situation from yesterday had worn her out but she tried to stay awake but fell asleep.

Yongguk woke up and saw Ha Jeong sleeping with her head resting on the small part of the bed. Yongguk sighed before he tried to brush her hair behind her ears when he stopped himself. He was with Ji Eun now.Ha Jeong woke up and saw Yongguk.

“You awake? The doctors said everything is fine…” Ha Jeong said yawning. She realised she was still holding his hand.

“You were having a nightmare so I held your hand and I fell asleep holding…” Ha Jeong let go his hand. Suddenly the door opened and Ji Eun walked in.

“You woke up just in time for me.” Ji Eun smiled and kissed Yongguk on the cheek.

Ha Jeong smiled bitterly before walking out of the room.

“Well I will be going…”Ha Jeong got up and walked out the door. Yongguk and Ji Eun were talking but Yongguk watched Ha Jeong walked out the door with the corner of his eye. He was afraid to look at her because he might stop her from leaving so he reminded himself of what he did to Ji Eun.

Ha Jeong leaned against the wall of the hospital sighing deeply.

“Ha Jeong!” She turned and saw Jin Woo running towards her but he accidentally bumped into a bed that was being wheeled to the emergency room and he fell over. So Ha Jeong ran up to him and tried to help him up but she found a small bottle of pills on the floor with Jin Woo’s name on the prescription.

“What are you holding?” Jin Woo asked. Ha Jeong quickly took out a pill and wrapped in up in a tissues.

“I think you dropped this…”  Ha Jeong then handed him the bottle.

Jin Woo looked to see if Ha Jeong had noticed but she had no reaction so he decided it was okay.

The next day Ha Jeong took the pill to her friend Lani who was a pharmacist.

“I will make it really simple for you. It is a pill used to make the person suffer less pain in the heart. Extreme emotions came make it worse. These are emotions are sadness and anger…” Lani explained.

Ha Jeong was shocked.

“How bad is his pain?” Ha Jeong asked.

“Judging from the strength, it is equivalent to the feeling of getting stabbed…He probably doesn’t have that long to live. He only has 5 years if he takes good care of his conditions…” Lani said.

Ha Jeong couldn’t say anything. She could only feel tears welling up.

Later that day Jin Woo and Ha Jeong had decided to meet at the café in front of TS.

“When were you going to tell me?” Ha Jeong asked trying to keep calm.

“Tell you what?” Jin Woo stared at Ha Jeong.

“You are suffering from a heart disease and that’s why you left me! Four years ago…” Ha Jeong stared at him.

“Ha Jeong-ah I-“ Jin woo got cut off.

“How? I am such a ! I have hated you for 4 years for leaving me; when in fact you left me so I wouldn’t have to worry. What does that make me?” Ha Jeong’s voice trembled.

Jin Woo sat there quietly.

“You then 4 years later you show up with only 5 months of your life left. What? What do you want me to do?” Ha Jeong yelled at Jin Woo.

“Nothing. I just wanted to spend my last moments with you…” Jin Woo smiled bitterly.

Ha Jeong clenched her teeth trying to hold in the tears.

“I- I-I hate you so much!” Ha Jeong yelled at Jin Woo. Jin Woo then stood up and was about to walk out the door.

“How long before you have to leave for your treatment?” Ha Jeong looked up Jin Woo with watery eyes.

“2 months…” Jin Woo said quietly. Ha Jeong sighed.

“I know that you did this for me…but I-“Ha Jeong was stopped by Jin Woo.

“Just spend the last two months with me…then I will disappear from your sight…” Ha Jeong just closed her eyes. Tears had finally begun to roll down her face.

“I’m so sorry…I hate you so much…” Ha Jeong sobbed as she hit Jin Woo’s arm. Jin Woo hugged her.

“I love you…” Jin Woo whispered into her ear. Ha Jeong didn’t know what to do. She just put another lock on her feeling for Yongguk.

Ha Jeong came home to find Yongguk at home watching TV. She ignored him and went to the kitchen to get a cup. She tried to reach for the cup but accidentally knocked the plates of. She covered her head and closed her eyes. She opened her eyes and saw Yongguk pushing the plates back on to the shelf. He passed her the cup and walked away.

Ha Jeong grabbed tightly onto the cup. She felt her heart beat but she did her best to ignore that feeling. She filled the cup with water and gulped it down in one go before walking into her room to Finish the Book on B.A.P. It was almost finished. She had covered Daehyun, Zelo, Young Jae, Jong Up and Himchan but didn’t get the chance to talk to Yongguk.

 Ha Jeong walked out her room and looked at Yongguk in front of the TV. She walked up to him to ask a few question. She saw he had fallen asleep on the couch. She shook her head and decided to get him a few blankets.

She spread out the blanket on Yongguk and was about to walk away when Yongguk grabbed onto her wrist and made her sit next to him. He wouldn’t let go so she tried to straighten his fingers one by one to free her wrist when Yongguk murmured.

“Please don’t go…I love you…” Yongguk said in his sleep talk. Ha Jeong felt her heart beat extremely fast. She then decided just to sit there and watch TV next to him. Yongguk suddenly lost his sitting balance and ended up sleeping on Ha Jeong’s lap. Ha Jeong sighed before his arm and began to sing without realising.

“Don’t be afraid

I keep on telling myself that I’m alright…

But I know that this one’s another turn,

When I let him go, when I was fine, oh I can’t lie….

Cause I never fell harder, I stopped when you started

Arrived when you parted and now I’m stuck here

Why did I listen to my inhibitions and run

When there was nowhere to go?

 

Now I know, you were the only one

Now I’m the lonely one watching the days go by

I can never forgive myself

I think that I need some help, because

I’m afraid of love , love, love…”

Ha Jeong continued to spat Yongguk’s shoulder and stared at his face.

“I am afraid to love…anyone…” Ha Jeong whispered.

~~~~~ End of chapter ~~~~~~