Part eighteen

The games we play (Lee Joon fanfic)

"Aubrey-ah, do you want to go with appa to the market or stay at grandma’s house?" 
“Market!” She said smiling brightly. I scooped her up into my arms and pinched her chubby cheeks. 
“Why you so adorable?” 
“Cause im appa’s princess.” She replied cutely. 
“Good girl. Kiss please.” I leaned my cheek toward her as she placed her tiny lips onto my cheeks. I set her into her car seat and seat belted for her. I climbed into my seat and adjusted the mirrors and put the car in reverse. As I drove down the street I looked into the rear view mirror at Aubrey playing with an old bunny stuffed animal. 
“Appa. Appa!” 
“Yes, princess?” I said glancing into the rear view mirror at her.
“Why does Aubrey not have an umma?” I froze completely thinking of a good reason. My stomach churned at the truth.
“Why Aubrey? Does Aubrey want an umma?” I asked back with a smile.
“Can we buy one?” 
“Of course we cannot Aubrey. You do have an umma she just isnt here.”
“Why not? Tae’s mom always makes her lunch and braids her hair for her.” 
” I make you lunch too!" I said making a sad face at her. I sighed and spoke in a soft tone. "But I will learn to braid hair if you want me to. You dont have to have an umma to do that for you.” 
“But where is mine? Can you tell her to come over and play with me for awhile?” 
“Aubrey-ah, umma is very busy, but she always calls to say she loves you all the time.” I look at her sad expression. I sigh and said,” I will ask her to come in her free time.”
“Thank you appa!” She said jumping in her seat. “Is she pretty?” 
I take a deep breath calming my heart down. “Yes, very pretty. You look very much like her.” 
“Really?” 
“Yeah, she has your eyes and when she laughs she hold her stomach like you do.” I smile to myself. I park the car and open the door unbuckling Aubrey and lifting her into my arms. She wraps her hands around my neck as I tighten her scarf around her and put on her hoodie.

"Are you cold?" I ask her, she shakes her head and leans into my chest. 
“Appa, do you have a picture of Aubrey’s umma?” She said suddenly touching my face. Her eyes big and round with curiosity.

"Yes." I said sadly. I never looked at it though I still kept it. I balanced Aubrey on my arm as the other one reaches into my pocket to get my wallet. I flip it open and hand it to Aubrey. "That’s her." I said rubbing my finger over her picture. My eyes stung looking at her beautiful smile and the way she just molded perfectly into my body.I looked at Aubrey who couldn’t stop staring at the photo.

"Can I have it?" She said looking at me with the same puppy eyes Vanessa use to use on me.

"Of course, princess." I said kissing her forehead.