Gone

Don't Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ehh?” He responded.

“Chanyeol?!” I got up from the floor and shoved him in anger. ”Why’d you do that?! Oh my god! You made my think that you were Baekhyun!”

“Ehh?! Mianhae!” he said with an apologetic smile,” It’s just that, I saw you on the floor so I was wondering what you were doing there.”

“I was crying.” It hit me. ”Wait! Aren’t you supposed to be on that plane with Baek?! Or did he not—”

“I came to send him off. My flight leaves later.”

“Ahh…”

“So what’re you doing here?”

“I uhh—”

“Came to stop Baekhyun from leaving??”

“Ahni!”

“It’s okay. You know… If you had come earlier,” he turned to his side and placed his finger on his lips,” he would have actually stayed.” I avoided his comment. He looked back at me. “Yelps. If you’d like, I could give you a ride home.”

“It’s okay, I can take the bus.”

“No really, I know you ran here.”

“How’d you know?”

“Your shoes are ruined with black smudges at the heels.”

“Ahh…”

“So? Will you take my offer?”

“I might as well.”

He looked at me with a sudden pause. “Ahh, let’s go then.”

“Ye.” He turned around and walked towards the exit, and I followed behind him.

We sat in silence while he drove.

“Chanyeol,” I said, in hopes to break the awkward silence, “Do you have a girlfriend?”

“Ehh? Waeh?” He responded.

“No reason.”

“Well, I like her.”

“Do you talk to her a lot?”

“Not anymore.”

“Why?”

“Because she already likes someone.”

“So?”

“So, I think it’d be better if I felt them alone, so that I wouldn’t be bothersome to her or get in her way.”

“How would you get in here way?”

“Because she doesn’t want me around. She says that all I ever do is make her worry. She hates it.”

“She sounds very obnoxious . Why do you like her?”

“Because we were friends, and I feel in love with her the day we met.”

“Well how come she doesn’t like you?”

“I told you. She likes someone else.”

“So, go after her. Chase her, make her love you back.”

“It doesn’t work like that. Even if I do chase her, she won’t ever forget him. I have to leave them alone.”

“Why?”

“Because, when she’s with him she is happy, and it makes me happy to see her happy. All I need is her happiness. It fuels me. But, even though it does, I can’t stand the sight of her with someone other than me, so I avoid her. She’s probably realized it by now though, and if she hasn’t, then she’s stupid. One day I’ll run away from her and forever stay away.”

“How could you say such things?! To say you like her and call her stupid?! Wanting to run away from her?! That’s so cowardly like!!”

“She hasn’t even taken a good look at herself yet, but she has the audacity to call others cowards.”

“Huh?”

“You don’t understand. If you don’t now, you never will.”

“What?!”

“People lose the most important people to them because they’re taken for granted. They think that that person will never leave them and will always love them. That’s where you went wrong. You thought he’d be there forever, that he’d never leave, but when he left you felt an ache in your heart. Didn’t you Soyul?”

What’s happening to this conversation? It’s getting very… familiar. “Friends should always be there for their other friends. If they leave, they wouldn’t be considered a friend.”

“Look at you talk. Just hearing you makes me want to vomit. Women and men are different. Men would leave to make a woman happy, but women would stay to wage a war against another woman. As long as he saw her happy, he’d do anything, anything.”

How did we drag out into this kind of topic? “But losing a friend hurts.”

“It’s okay though, because she’ll have the man she loves next to her, comforting her, making her forget the pain.” That, I couldn’t argue with.

“So who is this women whose making you think this way?” I wanted to know.

“I don’t like anyone.”

“EHH?! But you. Just now. You—”

“I was talking from someone else’s perspective. I just wanted to see how it’d be played out.”

“So who was this person?”

“A friend. A wonderful friend of mine.”

The rest of the drive was silent, bes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter