Pain

Orange Sky

“You, please don’t do that!” you run as fast as you could to him but unintentionally, you and him are not on the building anymore.

That’s mean you both are falling from the building. You’re not conscious when you were brought to the hospital but about after an hour you on the hospital bed, you awake.

 

“Where is he? Is he still alive?” You sit on the bed and want to find that mysterious boy but you are stopped by your strict parents.

“Kim Hye Li! Why you do that? Why you held even hugged him last time? You know you are not his mahram right? You can’t do something that disobeys the Islamic rules. You understand it?” Your mother is nagging at you.

They are very strict in religion matter and they will never agree if you want to be friended with non-Muslim. You think that they should not do like that because of them you only got your classmates as your friend and why you can’t have non-Muslim friend? It is not a fault in Islam. You’ve very less friend and most of your friends are not understanding and immature.

 

You were placed in an Islamic High School in China for about 2 years after elementary and mid-school and about 3 months more to graduate. Your school is very different with the other schools. The pupils in your school are all girls even your teacher. You’re wearing hijab and long robe and it is not a big problem for you since you’ve started wear hijab when you’re only in grade one but the big matter for you is all the students are forced to wear purdah in the school or out. So every time you are out of your house you will wear the hijab with purdah even now.

 

You study in a bored boarding school. And what is learned there only to read Qur’an, recites du’a, and memorizes the whole Qur’an to be a Hafizah and a simply world learning such as Mathematics, languages and etcetera. A few of your friends there had went out for outing to the town without wearing purdah and your principal know it and at last they were punished. The rules of the school are too much troubling the students but the actual Islamic rules are not compulsory you all to wear purdah but have to take care of your aurah. You’re not supposed to reveal the certain parts of your body and have to wear hijab to cover your hair, head and also your chest.

 

You want to move your legs but you only can feel the pains. You fail to move your own legs.

Ummi! Why my leg hurts?” You ask.

“Your both legs broken, my dear.” She says calm now.

“What? Both?” You surprised.

“So I can’t walk.” You place your hand on your leg.

“Yes!” Your father nods.

 

Abi! What about my school? When my leg will recover?” You ask your father since he has a higher patient level than your mother.

“You’ve to sit on wheelchair when you’re in school and based on the doctor guesstimate, your legs will be fully recovered six months from now.” He explains to you.

“Arrgh! That’s annoying me! Six months are not a short time,” You hit your knuckle on the fluffy pillow.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Kim, the visiting hour is finished. The patient wants to rest down and you can come again by this evening,” says the Korean nurse.

You and your family are actually in Korea to visit the hometown. Your father village is in Korea because he is a real Korean and your mother is originally Chinese. Because you’re girl, your face got many similarities with your father than your mother. You’re Korean-Chinese blooded.

 

“Nurse!” You call the nurse in charged.

“Yes! What can I do for you? Just call me unni,” she asks.

“Is my parents are going home?” You ask her to look out.

“They already out but I don’t know if they already go back home.

“Why?” she smiles.

“Can you help me?” You ask her.

“In what?” She asks you back.

“Can you send me to that guy room?” You blink your eyes to her.

“The guy who came here together with you just now?” She pats your head.

You nod, “Neh!”

“What a pity! Your parents don’t allow you to do that my dear. They have informed me earlier,” She looks at you deeply.

“Unni! I’m begging to you. Please bring me to him, jebal!” You hold her hand tightly.

“Ok! You promise me first! This is the first and the last time ok. I will go outside to make a double-checked on your parents whether they are not here anymore or the vice versa,” She walks out.

“Unni! I promise to you,” You take up your right hand.

 

After a jiffy, she comes in again and she is pushing the wheelchair towards you. “Line clear!”

“Thank you very much unni!” she helps you to sit on the wheelchair and push you to the guy’s room.

When you’re in front of his room, you see the name tag hang on the front of the door, ‘Mr. Lee Hong Ki’

“Oh his name is Hong Ki!” you nod yourself.

The kind nurse twists and pulls the doorknob and reveals his room. He is lying on his pure white bed and his arms and legs are tied to the poles there. He just quiet even he is awake.

You ask the nurse without hesitation, “Unni! He didn’t break any parts of his body? He is tied?”

“Yes, he is healthy and not like you. You’re the main victim of the incident and not him. He is tied because he might be suicide for once more. He got mentally sickness,” she explains to you obviously.

 

You get nearer to him and start asking him, “How are you?”

He just looks up to the nurse.

“Better I go outside first. And you, please call me if you want to go back to your room, I will be outside,” she shows her finger to you.

You just simply nod.

 

He starts to open his mouth, “Why you save me just now until you got injured?”

“I just don’t want to look someone commit the biggest mistake in his life. There are many more way to solve all of your problems,” You start to lecture him.

“Ok! Shut up please!” He yells at you hardly.

Your tears are falling down. You feel the hurt in your heart, it is hurter than usually. You’re not hurt because he yells at you but you don’t know why it happened.

“Eh, you! I didn’t mean to hurt your feeling, I just want to stay alone here. I’m not ready to face anybody,” he looks at you.

“No! No! Not about that, I’m in pain,” You cough badly.

 


That's all for today!

18082013

ButterflyShida