Chapter 23

Music Life

Junka POV : 

I woke up this morning. Last night nightmare was so incredible. I dreamt that Junyoung and I were trapped in my house. I got up from my bed. I walked out from my room while stretching my body. I was planning to watch some morning shows before I ate my breakfast. As I was about to enter the living room, I was stratle. I saw Moon Junyoung was sitting on the couch. I shook my head. I sighed and sneezed. So what happened yesterday wasn't a dream.

"Good morning" he greeted me. He was reading a magazine when he greeted me.

"Morning" I yawned and entered the kitchen. 

"I've made you some breakfast" he said, putting the magazine aside.

"Thanks" I thanked him. I took a glass and poured cold water in it.

"Junka-yah" he called me. I looked at him "Can I use the bathroom?" he asked. I just nodded and sat at the dining table ready to eat.

When I was eating and Junyoung was still in the bathroom, I heard my phone rang in the room. I ran to my room but before I entered it, I peeked, in case Junyoung had done with his shower and was wearing his clothes. Luckily, he was still in his shower. I stepped into my room and searched for my phone. I couldn't find it. Usually I put it on my bed but I couldn't find it. I kneeled down and tried to search under the bed. "Here you are" I mumbled to myself when I found it. I got up from kneeling, suddenly I heard the bathroom door opened. The bathroom door was facing my bed.

"Lee Junka" he called my name "What are you doing?"

"Errr..." I stuttered. Luckily, I was facing straight through my closet. So I couldn't see anything. "This is my room so I can do whatever I want"

"Okay then" he responded "You didn't see anything right?"

"What the... Of course I didn't " I covered one side of my face with my hand from looking at him and walked out from the room.

I heard he giggled after I walked out from my room. "That bastard" I mumbled to myself. My phone rang again. I looked at the name appeared on the screen, it was Kevin sunbae.

"Yobosaeyo" I answered the call

"Yobosaeyo! Junka-yah. Are you awake?" 

"Hm" I nodded "I'm fully awake. Obviously, if not I wouldn't answer your call"

"Yeah that's right. Are you okay? I mean are you getting better?" he asked. How concerned.

"Getting better." I said. How awkward it was when I coughed hard after I said 'Getting Better'. Well I think it was getting worse..

"Your coughs sound terrible. Make sure you eat you medicine okay?"

"Ahh neh" I smiled. I walked into the kitchen and took a glass of water.

"By the way, have you prepared for the test?" he explained

"What?!" I almost spit out the water that I was drinking. "What did you say?"

"A test. I told Junyoung last night. He didn't tell you, did he?" he sighed. "I asked him to inform you about this too. Your classmate asked me to inform Junyoung that your class is going to have a surprise test for Maths and History"

"When is it?" 

"The day after tomorrow"

"Wait! History?" I sighed. I was leaning at the kitchen counter, facing to the living room. I turned my head to my room and I saw Junyoung was drying his hair with a towel, walking out from my room. I gave Junyoung a death glare "So great", I continued

"What's wrong with History?" Kevin sunbae asked

"I'm with History" I turned around, facing the kitchen, ignoring Junyoung who was standing right beside me. 

"Ahh you can ask Junyoung to teach you History. He really is good in History" I could hear he giggled

I sighed "I know. I will think about it" I glared at Junyoung. He was looking at me with all question marks on his head. I guessed he wondered who I was talking to.

"Good. I have to go now. See you at school! Make sure you take care your of health and please get better real quick so we can meet. Don't forget to eat your medicine. Bye" he said

"Neh. Thanks for the call sunbae. Bye" we hang up our phone.

Junyoung round the towel he used to dried his hair around his neck "Who was that?"

I glared at him "None of your business. Why you didn't tell me about the test?"

"Test?" he thought for a while "Ahh that test. I was about to tell you but I forgot"

I glared at him and went into my room to have my shower.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyuwan POV : 

We had a double date today after school. Nina and Jonghyun while me with Hyungshik. We told Hyungshik about our plan to make sure that Junka and Junyoung get back together. 

"He didn't tell us about this" Hyungshik exclaimed

"He didn't?!" Nina asked, shocked

Hyungshik nodded. "Hm, he said that he is going away for a very long time and he will come back, after he said that, he left the dorm. He didn't even mention Junka" he explained

"I see" Jonghyun take a sip of his tea "I guess he just don't want you guys disturb him maybe. Well who knows, if you guys, " he pointed out his finger to Hyungshik as he sat across him "ZE:A, disturbs him, his plan of getting back together with Junka will ruin" 

"I think so" Hyungshik agreed.

Out of the sudden, there was a sound of thunder outside of the cafe. This lately, rain poured down heavily. I looked out at the window "It's going to rain" I turned my face to Hyungshik "How are we going to go home?"

"You can ride with us" Nina offered me to go home with Jonghyun's car

"No need!" Hyungshik shouted. He put his arm around my shoulder "I will send her home safely" 

Another sound of thunder boomed. Silence creeped into the cafe. We looked at each other. All of our faces were shocked from the sound but suddenly Hyungshik laughed.

"YAH!" I slapped his arm "What is wrong with you?"

"Ouch" he rubbed his arm but still laughing "That thunder, will it get long until tonight? I want it to be so long until this late night"

"Oh why?" Nina asked

"That thunder remind me of Junyoung hyung" Hyungshik explained, still laughing "Junyoung hyung is afraid of thunder"

"Oh yeah. That's right" Jonghyun laughed together with Hyungshik "You two should see his face when he heard the thunder and he can't sleep alone if there's thunder in the midnight"

Nina and I were shocked. We didn't expect that ZE:A leader is afraid of the thunder.

"If this thunder will drag until this late night..." Nina said and stared into me

"It means that, Junka and Junyoung might be..." I continued Nina's and stared her back

"OH MY GOD!" both of us shouted

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junyoung POV : 

The rain and the thunder didn't stop from this evening. It started around 6 and now it's 8 and the rain haven't stopped. I was sitting in the living room alone. Junka was in her room, probably studying for the coming test. I couldn't understand her. Why must she study if she's sick? I don't think that she will fully recovered on the test day. Whatever it is, I was scared of the thunder. I needed someone to company me when there was thunder. I'm afraid of thunder since I was kid. I don't even know why. I wanted to switch on the TV but what if suddenly the TV explode because it got strike from the lightning? 

Another thunder strikes. I hugged the cushion tight. I couldn't sit here any longer. This thunder really haunting me. I stood up and headed to Junka's room. Before I knocked the room's door, I took a deep breath. I knocked it. But she didn't answer me, so I opened the door and peeked. "Junka" I called her name.

"Hm" she responded. I opened the door wide. She was sitting at her desk, scrolling down on her laptop. Her desk was right beside her bed, facing the wall.

"What are you doing?" I asked

"Looking for some nice questions for Maths test" she answered.

"Can I come in?" I asked, still standing at the frame door.

"No!" she stricted

"Please..." my voice was begging for her sympathy

"I said NO!" she turned her head to me and gave me a death glare "I'm preparing for test here. Please leave me alone"

I didn't want her to know that I'm afraid of thunder. My reputation will decrease. But at this moment I have to tell her since I don't have Minwoo to company me whenever thunder strikes. "I'm afraid of thunder" I confessed, soon after that a loud thunder striked.

Junka turned her body to me, looking at me with weird faces. "Are you kidding me? Afraid of thunder?" she smirked and turned back, facing her laptop.

"I am serious" another thunder striked. My voice cracked. It sounded like I almost cry but I wasn't.

She turned to face me. She looked up at the ceiling, took a deep breath and looked at me again. "Okay, come in. But you need to be real quiet". I smiled and entered her room. As I was about to close the door back, she called my name "Junyoung, just leave the door open. It feels so pack with you in here. Just leave it open". I let the door open and rush sat on the bed next to her. 

 

1 hour has passed and the rain still didn't stop and I was still sitting on her bed, didn't know what to do. I was bored. The last 15 minutes, I took her History book and I read it and I finished reading it all including memorized it. All Junka did just now was answering online questions. To be more specificial, Maths. No History questions. If she wanted to score, she should studied both subjects. 

She shut down her laptop. She turned and looked at me. "Are you going to sleep now?" I asked

"Hm" she nodded "But I'm going to eat my medicine first then go to sleep" She got up from the chair and headed to the kitchen. I was still sitting on her bed.

When she came back to her room, I didn't move for an inch. "Why are you still here?" she asked, standing at frame door, crossed her arm.

"It's still raining" I answered, the thunder striked.

"So?" she smirked

"Can I sleep with you?" I covered my mouth. I don't know why that words came out but I guessed it was because I was too afraid of the thunder. But it might the right decision asking for her permission to sleep with her. At least we could try getting our relationship better. 

"Why?! Sleep outside!" she stricted

"There's still thunder" I said. Another thunder striked.

She thought for a very long time. I just stared at her. Asking for her sympathy. She leaned on the frame door, took a deep breath, looked at me and said "Okay". I smiled at her. "But you need to sleep on the floor. There's no extra blanket or mattress. You can use that cushion as your pillow. Now get off from my bed" she walked towards the bed. "Or you can use the jacket as your blanket"

'How mean' I thought. Not even trying to find a blanket for me? I used my jacket too yesterday night. I should bring my own blanket from the dorm. I sighed and crawled to the floor. She dived into her bed and covered herself with the blanket. I laid down on the floor. Staring the ceiling. Soon after that, she switched off the lamp. I was still staring the ceiling. Not even trying to look other way. I couldn't sleep. I guessed because I was too nervous. But it wasn't me who should be nervous. Maybe it was just because I miss to hug and touch her so much. I miss to kiss her.

"Junyoung?" she called my name

"Hm?" I responded

"Can you teach me History tomorrow?" a sudden asked from her. I started to smile. A good start for a conversation.

"Sure. But you need to repay" I answered

"What is it?" 

"Errr... You need to teach me Maths" I said. That wasn't the words I wanted to say. I wanted to say 'You need to kiss me because I miss your kiss so much'

"Okay no problems" I could hear she giggled "Good Night" she wished me a good night.

"Junka-yah" I called her name, staring the ceiling

"Hm?" she responded

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked. I really want to know what she felt at me. A long silence creeped in. I asked her again "Are you?"

"I don't know" she answered. I don't know what to say so I just let another silence creeped in.

 

Another thunder striked again and I was still awake. "Junyoung" she called my name. She turned her body and peeked me on the floor. Our eyes met. "Aren't you cold?"

"Yes I'm cold" I answered and closed my eyes, acting like I slept just now and I woke up because of her. "You are disturbing my sleep" 

"Ah really? I feel guilty right now letting you sleep down there" she said. That surprised me that she suddenly felt guilty. "I don't have extra blankets or mattress"

"Nah, it's okay. Just go back to your sleep. I'm fine" I turned my body to the other way "Go back to your sleep"

"Yah! Junyoung!" she poked my back. "Tell me what should I do. I feel guilty right now"

"Just go back to your sleep" I muttured. I really hate it when people poke me especially my waist. It made me pissed.

"Yah! Junyoung!" she poked my waist vigorously and yes I was pissed! 

I turned to face her. "Mwoya?!" I yelled. She was startle. "What you should you do?!" I shouted. I got up and get myself comfort under her blanket, on her bed. We were lying next to each other on the bed. I stared the ceiling. I don't even know that I had taht confidence to jump into her bed when I was pissed. Especially on the girl's bed whom I love that was actually mught be was still mad at me.

"Yah! Junyoung!" she yelled. 

"It's okay" I was still staring the ceiling, couldn't believe that I have the confidence. "I won't touch you. Believe me" I turned my body and faced the other way. That was my promise. I won't do something over the limit until we get married. She didn't respond anything. It felt nice to sleep beside her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junka POV : 

I still couldn't sleep. I've been lying still beside Junyoung, on my bed for 2 hours. I guessed he enjoyed his sleep.  He didn't even turn when I poked him. I never know that he will get pissed if someone poked him. I turned my body and looked at his back. His red hair was flawless. I stucked my hand out, almost touch it but I pulled it back. I don't want to disturb his sleep. 

His question just now, 'Are you still mad?' was trolling in my mind. It really disturbed me. I really don't know either I'm still mad with him. Just by looking at his face will make me calm. I can't even mad at him. But after thought about what he did to me, it made me want to cry. Being trapped in here, with him, made me want him more. I should stay away from him in order to forget him but I couldn't. 

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I got up from the bed. I don't want him to hear me cry. He will thought that I'm a weak girl. I took his jacket, my iPod and my headphone. I walked out the room. I wiped my tears as I walked into the living room. I laid down on the couch and put my headphone on. Honestly, I didn't return back his iPod and I was planning to return it back. Let tonight be the last night for me to listen to the only song in this iPod. I wiped my tears and stared the ceiling. I know I'm a strong girl. I should be strong. I won't cry because of him again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junyoung POV : 

I woke up in the morning. I am a still sleeper so when I opened my eyes, I was still facing Junka's closet and not Junka.  I looked at my wrist watch. It was 8 am. I wanted to see her sleeping-morning face. I turned my body to face Junka. I smiled. She wasn't there.  I sat up straight and looked around the room. She wasn't in the room. I got up and walked out the room. I headed to the kitchen. "Junka!" I called her name. No answer. I stood beside the kitchen counter and I saw her sleeping on the couch, with my jacket. She was cold because she bent her leg. I walked back into her room and took her lime-green blanket and covered her. "Sleep tight", I wished her and kissed her forehead.