Chapter 21

Music Life

Kyuwan POV : 

“I’m not going to school tomorrow” Junka said once he got back from her work

“Why?” I asked

“Tomorrow is my birthday. Don’t you remember?” Junka smirked

I gulped. I totally forgot that tomorrow is Junka’s birthday “Ahhh, I’m your best friend. Of course I remember that tomorrow is your birthday” I smiled awkwardly

“Yeah right” she smirked “I’m going to sleep now and don’t you ever try to wake me up tomorrow morning. I’m tired. So many customers came today…..” she walked to her room while complaining about her today’s life at work.

“Did Junyoung know about it?” I yelled from the kitchen. She didn’t reply, so I guess that she was really tired and have fall asleep.

I waited for Hyungshik to text me since morning but he didn’t. I called him and texted him many times but he didn’t reply. I guessed he must be busy.  I was having my dinner alone because Junka slept early today because of her work and Nina went out with Jonghyun. My phone suddenly rang. I ran to my phone that I put it on the coffee table in the living room and hoping that it was Hyungshik but unfortunately, it was Junyoung. I wondered myself why Junyoung suddenly called me.

“Hello! Kyuwan, can you help me?”

“Help you what?” I said

“Tomorrow is Junka’s birthday right? I want to make something special for her”

“Where?”

“At school. Just me and her”

“But Junka just told me that she don’t want to go to school tomorrow”

“Oh really? Can you make her go? I’ve prepared everything for her. Can you? Tell her I’ll fetch her tomorrow at your house”

“Okay I will try to make her go tomorrow”

“Thank you very much Kyuwan”

“You’re welcome” we were about to hang up the phone “Junyoung….” I called him

“Yes?”

“Is Hyungshik there?”

“Yes. He’s here. Why?”

“Hmmm. Nothing” I sighed

“Oh sorry I forgot to tell you. I asked for Hyungshik’s permission before I called you. He said that he was sorry that he couldn’t reply your text and answer your call. He was busy today and the manager took his phone so he said sorry”

“Where is he?” I asked

“He’s sleeping right now”

“Oh it’s okay then. I think you should go to sleep too. Good night. I’ll try to make Junka go to school tomorrow. Bye”

“Bye” we ended our conversation.

—————————————————————————————

Junka POV : 

I was still sleepy when I got into Junyoung’s car. Today is suppose to be my lazy day but Kyuwan kept waking me up and forcing me to go to school. She even called my omma and my omma nagged at me for 15 minutes. Does she remembered that today is her daughter’s birthday? And this guy, why he suddenly fetched me up? Before this he never volunteered himself to fetch me to go to school.

“Are you mad?” he suddenly asked

“Mad? About what?”

“About waking you up and forcing you to go to school” he giggled

“Aishhh, you!!” I smirked and slapped his hand many times.

“Yah! Aishh. I’m driving here! What if we suddenly got into an accident? You want?!” he yelled

“FINE!” I pouted. I don’t want to mention that today is my birthday to him. I want him to know it by himself.

 

“RRIIINGGG!” the bell rang. I got up from my sleep when I heard the bell. It wasn’t a strange thing for me to sleep in History class.

“Where are you going?” Junyoung stopped me when I was about to go to the toilet.

“Toilet. Why?” I asked

“Meet me at the rooftop when you’re done”

“Why?” I asked

“Just go! No need to ask so many questions”

I glared at him and headed to the toilet.

 

I walked up the stairs with my headphone on. I was listening to Junyoung’s song. Like of course I only can hear this song because that song is the only song in my iPod. I arrived at the rooftop. Nothing special up there. I took few steps forwards and looked around. I didn’t see anything unless buildings. I can’t even see Junyoung too. Was he trying to fool me around? Seriously? On my birthday?

“Junyoung?” I called his name. This time, I took more careful steps. Don’t want the last incident where I kissed Kevin sunbae accidentally happen again. “Junyoung! You better come out now or I’ll go” I said. Still looking around.

“JJANG!” someone jumped from my back and immediately closed my eyes with his hand. “Guess who?” That guy asked.

I smelled his hands and it is the same smell as Junyoung’s perfume. I touched his hands. I can feel that he was wearing a ring. I touched the ring and I can feel that it was the ring I gave to him. “Junyoung?” I said

“Right! You are good at guessing” he giggled, still not letting go his hands from my eyes.

“Since I guess it right. Now let go off your hands from my face!” I struggled to let go off his hands but I couldn’t because, I don’t know where did he get a strength to stick his hands at my face.

“I will. But not now. Now walk forwards” he ordered me

“NO! What if there’s water or something?” I said

“Trust me! I’ll lead you. Don’t worry” he said. So we walked. The rooftop is not big but I don’t know why it took so long for him to lead me to the ‘destination’.

“Okay now stop!” he said. He let go off his hands. I rubbed my eyes first because my sight was kinda blur after he let go off his hands. 

There was a table for two with food and a cake on the table. It was nicely decorated. And the view from the rooftop is so nice. I looked at him. He was smiling while looking at me. I almost tear up because I was so touch for what he did for me. “Is it for me?” 

He nodded and smiled. I can’t hold the tears anymore. So I cried while running to him and hugged him. 

“Why are you crying? Stop it! What if someone sees us? It will look that I’m the one who is bad” he nagged

I ignored his words. I looked up at him. “Thank you” I said

“You’re welcome” he kissed my forehead “Now let’s go blow the candles” he cheered

So we sat at the table. “I guess it’ll be more fun if there’s a lot more people to celebrate”

“Are you complaining?” he glared while lighting up the candles “I want it to be special for you. Just me and you. Get it?” he smiled

“Okay” I smiled “What cake is this? Is it cheese cake? I don’t like cheese cake. Did you make it by yourself?” I asked

“YAH! Can you just stop asking and appreciate whatever I made” he yelled

“Sorry” I smiled awkwardly.

“It’s okay. I let you go since it’s your birthday today” he smiled. I pinched his arm and that makes him laughed

“Now, you can blow the candles but wait” he held the cake and sang to the birthday song. I blew the candles and I kissed his cheek when he’s done with the birthday singing. 

So we had a great meal at the rooftop and we skipped classes. While we were having meal, Junyoung were searching for something in his bag. “What are you searching for?” I asked

“Your present…” he took some stuffs out “it’s supposed to be here”

“Maybe you misplaced it” I said

“Aishhh. I think I left it in class. You wait here. Let me go get it” he said and quickly left me.

 

20 minutes has passed and yet he still didn’t show up. Why it took so long for him to go to the class and come back up here? The rooftop and the class is not that far. My food was almost finish waiting for him to come back up here. I can’t stay any longer, I put down the fork and spoon and I decided to search for him. When I walked down the stairs, I heard 2 voices. A girl and a boy arguing over something near the ladies. It must be a random couple arguing over something. But then I realized that it’s the voice that I know and I heard they mentioned my name. So I peeked from the stairs I stood, against the wall. It was Junyoung and Yewon. I wanted to go and dragged Junyoung from Yewon at first place, but I decided to stay on the stairs, leaned over the wall, peeked at them and listened to every single words they said. 

Yewon kissed Junyoung’s cheek after she confessed something. I was too late to listen to her confession but a confession is just enough, why does she need to kissed his cheek?

I stayed there, watching over what will Junyoung reacts. “Let your hands off from me. You don’t know anything about Junka. She has nothing to do with us” Junyoung pushed Yewon’s hands away. I started to smile. 

“I want you and of course she has things to do with us” Yewon hugged him so quick. “Besides, I know everything about your plan to flirt Junka”

“Plan?” I mumbled to myself. I focused back on them.

Yewon let go her hug “The first day you bumped into her and kissed her. It’s not because you fell into the first sight love of something. You kissed her because you saw me right?”

“What craps are you talking about? Stop it!” Junyoung yelled

“It’s not a crap. It’s a fact” Yewon crossed her arm “We had a fight the day before Junka exist in this school. You kissed her after you bumped into her is because you saw me peeking right?” 

“H…o.w..How did you know about that?” Junyoung stuttered. So what Yewon said was true.

“What did you expect? I was the one who peeked on you. You think I don’t know that smile and smirked you make after you kissed her? A smile of satisfaction of making me jealous” Yewon smirked. 

“Bu…” Junyoung was about to tell her something but he cut it off first

“Your aim to flirt Junka is to make me jealous am I right? You kissed her, asked her for a date, you make all that just to make me jealous. You think I don’t know?” Yewon smirked.

I started to tear up. Why I never notice that I was just someone he used to make things between him and Yewon better?

“You asked her to be your girlfriend because you want to make me jealous. AM I RIGHT?!”Yewon 

“Yes that’s true. I kissed her for the first time because I saw you. My aim to flirt Junka and asked her to be my girlfriend is to make you jealous...” Junyoung responded. 

The words came out from Junyoung's voice. I couldn’t hear it anymore. My eyes started to rain. I closed my ears and ran away from the place where I stood. I wanted to run out from the school. I ignored the school guard and climbed the school gate. I ran as fast as I could. I don’t know where to go. I just let my broken heart to bring me. 

———————————————————————————————-

Junyoung POV : 

“Yes that’s true  I kissed her for the first time because I saw you. My aim to flirt Junka and asked her to be my girlfriend is to make you jealous” I responded. “But that was before. Before I figured out her pure heart. Before I know how pure she is. Before I know how she loves me so much that she could what a girlfriend should do to make her boyfriend happy. That is Lee Junka. My current girlfriend and SOON!” I stared Yewon’s eyes “She’ll be wife! Get it? Now go on with your life. Kwanghee hyung likes you, why you still need to bother me?”

“How did you know Kwanghee likes me?” Yewon became stutter

“What did you expect girl? We are in the same group. Can’t you think of the logic? I’m so pissed of you. Now get outta my way” I pushed her away but she was still blocking. “What do you want?!”

“I told you, I want you!” she stared my eyes. Serious.

“I told you I have Lee Junka!” I held her arm tight and pulled her away “Now outta my way!”

“Ahhh! MOON JUNYOUNG!” Yewon screamed my name as I walked back up to the rooftop.

I opened the rooftop door and cheered her name “Lee Junka! I’m sorr…” I didn’t see her at the table when I reached the rooftop. I guessed she went to the toilet. So I waited for her at the table.

15 minutes has passed and still she didn’t show up. I put my chin on the table and started to play with the glass on the table. Suddenly I felt water drops fell onto me. I looked up at the sky. The sky has turned dark. Soon after that, rain falls. I quickly cleaned up the table and got back to the class.

Luckily the teacher wasn’t there when I got back to the class. I was expecting that Junka must be real tired and has got back to the class and get some nice sleep. But my expectation was wrong, as I slide the class door, Junka wasn’t there. Junka didn’t sleep. Her place is emptied. I checked at her table. In case Yewon made things up again. There was no notes and Junka bagpack was still there. I called Kyuwan.

“Junyoung, what is it? I’m in school” Kyuwan said soon after she answered

“Junka. Did she send you a text, give you a call or something?” I asked

“No. Why? What happened?” she asked

“Nothing. Now continue your study before you get caught. Bye”

“Wait. Nina didn’t go to school today because she had stomach ache this morning. You can call her”

“Okay I will”

“Make sure you explained everything that happened today that make you called me at this time”

“Okay no worries. I’m going to hang up now. Bye” I hung up the phone.

I called Nina after that.

“Yobosaeyo” Nina answered me

“Yobosaeyo. Nina, this is Junyoung speaking. Where are you?” I asked

“I’m at home. Why?”

“Is Junka home?” 

“No. There’s still 1 more hour till you two get home right? Why are you asking? Anything happened?” 

“I’ll explain later. I really have to go now. Bye” I hung up the phone. I couldn’t think. I don’t know where Junka is and I don’t want to burden Kyuwan and Nina. I burdened them a lot.

"Hey" suddenly someone tapped on my shoulder from the back. I turned around and it was Kevin hyung "What are you doing outside here? This is your class right?" he looked up to see the class tag. "It is your class. Why are you standing here?"

"Nothing" I answered, breathlessly. Worried about Junka

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked "By the way, where's Junka?" he peeked into the class "It's her birthday right? I want to wish her" he looked at me, waiting for me to answer his questions.

I took a deep breath "Junka's lost. I can't tracked her"

"What?! She's lost?! How can she lost? We are in school and school hour isn't over yet. What are you talking about?" he asked. I told him what happened today to him. "Okay, we'll discuss this back after school. I have to go back to my class. Have you called Kyuwan and Nina?" I nodded. I was too worried about Junka that a word couldn't came out from my mouth. He tapped my shoulder, "It's okay. We'll find her. Let's talk about this after school. I gotta go to class. See you at the school gate"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junka POV : 

I ran off from school. I looked up at the sky and it turned black after that it started to rain. I don't care about the rain so I kept running. The only place I could think off was the beach, my secret place at the beach. There was no other place that feels free and peace like the beach. My tears can't stop falling down when I was on my way to the beach and people who passed me looked weird at me. It's not something to be wonder about. My heart felt so hurt that made me keep crying. I wanted to stop myself from keep crying but I couldn't. I punched my chest several times with my ring but still it didn't work. I kept thinking about what Junyoung had done to me. His conversation with Yewon just now were really killing me.

I laid down on the wet sand once I reached the beach. I was trying to empty my mind about Junyoung and Yewon but I totally couldn't do that. Every single words that came out from Junyoung's mouth kept playing in my mind and my eyes couldn't stop the tears from falling. "Yes that's true. I kissed her for the first time because I saw you. My aim to flirt Junka and asked her to be my girlfriend is to make you jealous" Those words that can't make me from stop crying. I took a long breath but yes I still can'tstop crying. It felt hurt, so hurt.  It felt like thousands of knives stabbing my heart. 

I looked at the watch. The school time was over. I don't feel like I want to go back. I punched my chest again. I felt the necklace that Junyoung gave to me. I took it off and stared it for a very long time. My tears kept coming out and falling down. The rain washed away my tears but still I can't stop myself from crying. I was so blind not to see those. I felt stupid. I never been like this. Why am I so blind when I'm with Junyoung? I wasn't like this when I was with my ex in Jeju. I can see that my ex using me for his own good but why I can't see that Junyoung did the same thing to me? I thought Junyoung is my true love but I was wrong totally wrong. I don't want to see his face anymore. I hate him. I really hate him!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junyoung POV : 

We gathered at Junka's house. There were me, Kevin hyung, Kyuwan and Nina.

"So where Junka always go when she's upset or something?" Kevin hyung asked

"I don't know. Actually we don't know. As far as I know that she always went to the grocery shop to get some ramyeon at the corner when she wants to get  some fresh air at night. That's the place that I only know when she wants to be alone" Nina answered. Kyuwan just nodded.

"We should go find her right now!" I said. 

"But it's raining heavily outside. We have to wait for the rain to stop" Kevin hyung said

"You guys can wait if you want to. I'm going to search for her right now" I put on my hoodie and walked towards the door

"Wait! I'll go with you" Kevin hyung put on his rain coat 

"Me too" Kyuwan shouted, took an umbrella with her.

"I'll stay home in case she comes here" Nina voluntered herself to stay

So all of us went out to search for Junka in that heavy rain. I searched for her at every grocery shop at the house area. I searched for her at every bus stop in case she sat there protecting herself from the rain. I searched for her at the school area. I looked at my watch. It was 8pm. She must be really cold in the rain. I went to the park that we used to date, there was no people there. I went to the beach and looked around the beach but I couldn't see her. I don't know why but my heart says that she was at the beach but I couldn't find her.

After about 1 hour of searching of her, the rain suddenly stopped but still there was no sign of her. I went to Junka's home, hoping that they found Junka. I couldn't call them because I left my phone at the house.

"JUNKA!" I shouted her name when I opened the door. I ran, entered the house into the living room. I saw Kyuwan, Nina and Kevin hyung and no Junka. "Is Junka in her room?" I asked

"No. She's not home yet" Kyuwan shook her head. I sighed

"Junyoung, let's go home first. The manager called and he said he need us and it's emergency. We can search for her again tomorrow" Kevin hyung said.

"Yes, you should go home, have a shower and a rest. We will inform you. Don't worry" Kyuwan supported Kevin hyung. 

"But this is more urgent!" I said. My voice was strict.

"We will search for her again later. You should go meet your manager first. When everything's done, you can come here again and help us" Nina said

Kevin hyung stood up from the couch and tapped my shoulder "Let's go. Don't worry. She's Lee Junka. A very strong girl. Let's go now" he tapped my back twice. I nodded and followed him to the front door.

Kevin hyung and I went seperate ways when we reached the outside of the house. He went to his bike and I went to my car. I had to walk a little further since I parked it a little further from the house. As I was about to open the car door, I heard wet footsteps. I turned to where the sound came from. It was Junka. I ran to her and stopped in front of the house, she stopped too. She was looking down all the way and looked up when she stopped.

"Yah! Where have you gone? You know we've been worry about you" I said. Sounded strict

"None of your business" she answered

"Now get in and change. We need to talk" I said. I really want to know what was her problems that make her ran off just like that.

"What? Just talk here" she responded. Sounded mad

"We'll talk inside"

"I don't want you to be in the house" she smirked. I looked at her eyes. Her eyes were swollen

"Yah! What's wrong with you? You know I've been searching for you in the rain. I was afraid if something happened to you" I said, held her hands

She let go off my hands "3 words for you, I HATE YOU!" Junka yelled

"YAH!" I yelled back. " What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" she smirked "It's supposed to be what's wrong with you! You think I am toy?"

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Stop with that act. I knew everything. All this while, it was a plan. A plan of making me a fool"

"What plan?" I asked. I was totally clueless

"I heard everything. I heard your talk with Yewon. I'm not a toy. I'm a normal girl that want a guy who really loves me. I'm sick of being played by guy and you are the second guy who did the same thing to me. What am I to every guy in this world? Am I really a toy that every guy could play? I'm sick of it. Your aim to flirt me, asked me to be yout girlfrind is because you want to make Yewon jealous right?" she explained.

Only that I remebered everything. I guessed she heard about my first aim flirting on her. "Yes it's true but it was before. I love you and I only want you. I really love you. There's no other girl that I want other than you. Not even Yewon. I only want you" I hold her.

"You lied to me" she let go off my hold "I won't believe you anymore! NEVER!" she yelled and walked towards the door house. She left me speechless. Suddenly she stopped and turned back to me "Here, take this back. I don't need it anymore. There's no more ML. There's no more Junyoung and Junka and there's no more us. WE ARE OVER!" she took my hand and place the necklace that I gave to her on my hand. She walked back into the house. She really left me speechless.