Chapter 19

Music Life

Kevin POV : 

We were practicing, dancing for a special stage. "Okay boys, 15 minutes break"

"Thanks hyung" we thanked our choreographer, then he left the studio. I was leaning on the wall while drinking my water. Soon after that Junyoung came and sat beside me. "Want some?" I offered him my water.

"No thanks" he said while wiping his sweat "You saw me the other day right hyung?" he asked

"Mwo?!" I asked back

"You saw me the other day right? When I was watching you from inside of my car" he asked

I shook my head "No, I didn't see you" I lied. Obviously, I lied. I saw him and that was why I held Junka's hand. He looked at me and left to the toilet, but he left his phone. I took his phone and opened his text inbox. There was a picture message from Yewon. "He still contact with Yewon?" I mumbed to myself. I opened the text, it was a picture of Junka sitting beside Jonghyun. Jonghyun was holding a guitar in this picture. Junyoung came back and he saw me holding his phone.

"What are you doing with my phone hyung?" he took his phone back. "You were trolling over my inbox hyung? So you saw that picture Yewon sent to me?" he asked

I looked up at him "Junka won't cheat you. Believe me" I said

"I don't know about that and I don't want to believe either you, Junka, Yewon, Jonghyun or anyone for now. This is none of your business" he said

"Believe me Junyoung. Junka won't cheat you. I know her. She will never do that" I stood up

He rolled his eyes "You know her hyung? So you know her well hyung? Ahhh, no wonder when I asked Junka out the other day, she said no. The day when I saw you two, were walking together while holding hands. What was that hyung? Who is now trying to back stab me, you, Junka, Jonghyun? I can't trust anyone for now hyung. Besides, why you care so much about Junka? Why? Tell me!" he yelled at me and pushed me to the wall.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" all the other members were like confused why we suddenly almost got into a fist fight. They came towards us and were trying to seperate me with Junyoung.

"What was that?" the choreographer is back "Now, break that all. We gonna start back our practice now"

We started back our practice. For the whole day, Junyoung didn't talk to me. Sorry Junyoung, but I had my past memory that makes me care about Junka so much.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junka POV : 

I waited for him in front of the front theme park gate. I waited for him for 15 minutes and yet he was still not there. I was trying to search for him.

“Sorry I’m late” the voice came from my back. When I turned around, he quickly kissed me on my forehead. He smiled innocently. I smirked “I said I am sorry” he smiled again “So what are we going to do here? Are we going to have a real date just like I wish for?” I nodded. Why he suddenly became so cheerful and childish? I looked at him with a weird face. He pinched my cheeks “What with that face? Now let’s go before this place is full with people” He put his hand around my waist and we walked into the theme park.

It’s a right time for an idol to have a date because there were not so many people at that time. So we rode the Roller Coaster, Marry Go Round and lots more games. We entered the haunted house AGAIN! Although it was my second time, but I was still afraid to open my eyes and I was still holding Junyoung’s hand tightly. While we were having some ice-cream while walking around the park, we stopped right in front of the Ferris Wheel. We looked up at the Ferris Wheel.

He looked at me “Do you want to ride this?” he asked. I ignored his question and I was still looking up at the Ferris Wheel. “Let’s go now. I know you don’t want to ride it” he left the place we were standing.

Before he could left, I stop him by holding his hand. “Let’s ride this” I said. I don’t know what I was thinking but I wanted to defeat my fearness over heights.

“Are you sure?” he asked for confirmation. I looked at him, nodded and smiled. I sat beside the gondola’s window and he sat in front of me while holding my hand. “Are you sure you are okay?” he asked.

I looked up at him. “Don’t worry, I’m okay” I smiled. He didn’t let go my hands off when we were in the gondola. I felt weird, usually when I ride a Ferris Wheel I will feel like my heart will coming out. But this time, when there was only me and Junyoung and he was holding my hand, I felt different. I felt like I was totally safe. Soon after that, I remembered about the couple ring that I bought for his late birthday present. I took it out from my bag and gave it to him “Here”

“What is this?” he took the box.

“Unwrapped it. It’s your late birthday present” I smiled.

He quickly unwrapped it and opened the box “WOAH! It’s a couple ring. And it is so pretty” he looked at me and smiled. He took the ring and wore it on me and he wore one. “These rings are cute. Now people know that we are a couple”

I smiled “I feel glad that you like it”

“Where did you but it and how much is this?” he asked

I wanted to keep the place where I bought the ring and especially the price. I didn’t want him to feel guilty “It’s a secret. I won’t tell you. And don’t try to make me tell you” I said before he could said anything.

“There is one more place we need to go” I said soon after we rode the Ferris Wheel. I was planning to bring him to Sooyoung’s grave and I want to make it as a surprise.

“Oh really? Where is it? I will bring us there” he asked

“No. We gonna walk there. It’s not that far” I smiled “Let me buy you something to drink to walk there” I ran into the restaurant and he waited for me at the outside. “Junyoung” I called his name when I stepped out from the restaurant with 2 cups of cold lemon tea.

He turned back to me and he looked real mad. He was holding his phone “You are a player, right Junka?” he yelled

“Mworago?!” I was shocked. Why the hell he suddenly yelled at me like that and accuse me as a PLAYER?! I was trying to remain calm “What are you saying about?”

“This” he showed me the picture on his phone. I took the phone and looked at the picture. It was a picture of me and Jonghyun. A picture of Jonghyun kissing me? I never kissed Jonghyun before this. “Where did you get this picture?” I asked

“Where I got the picture is not important. Just one thing I want to ask you, is this really you in the picture?” he asked

“Yes…” I nodded “But….”

“I never expect I have a player girlfriend like you” he cut my words “I guess it was a mistake for me to ask you as my girlfriend. Why I was so blind at that time? You date with Kevin and Jonghyun behind my back. You are a cheater aren’t you?” 

“But..” I tried to explain but he wouldn’t listen.

“No wonder I asked you out the other day you said no. You know why you said no? Because you wanted to date Kevin hyung right?” 

“Junyoung!” I called his name. His words were rude

“You rarely called me when I wasn’t here. You know why? Because you were too busy dated Jonghyun. Jonghyun! My own bestfriend! You cheat on me and dated my own bestfriend! Kevin! My hyung! You cheat on me and dated my hyung! What a great girl you are” he clapped his hands. “Congratulations because you managed to cheat on me” he glared at me. He took out the ring and threw it to me and he walked away.

“JUNYOUNG!” I screamed his name. He ignored me and crossed the road. I chased after him. I crossed the road and suddenly my sight became all dark.

——————————————————————————————————-

Junyoung POV : 

“JUNYOUNG!” she screamed my name. I ignored her and crossed the road safely. Suddenly I heard a loud of ‘BANG’ sound. I looked back. I saw a car and Junka was lying on the road, bleeding.

“JUNKA!” I shouted her name and ran to her. The public started to gather around. I lift her head up. “Junka!” I called her name, hoping she would hear me. “Junka!” I shook her body and she still didn’t wake up. I looked at my hand that I put under her head. My hand was full with blood.

“We should bring her to the hospital before everything gets worse. Let me send her to the hospital” the driver who hit Junka, I guessed, suggest. 

“It’s okay. I parked my car over there. I will send her to the hospital. Can you bring her bag to the car? Thanks” I lift Junka up and went to the car with the driver helped me to bring Junka’s bag.

“Hyungshik-ah, call Kyuwan and tell her to come to the hospital immediately. Quick, Junka had an accident. I’m bringing her to the hospital” I called Hyungshik all the way to the hospital.

 

“Junyoung!” I looked at the way where I heard the voice came from. It was Kyuwan and Nina. I stood up and looked at them. I was feeling nervous in case they were mad at me because I can’t take a good care of Junka. “How’s Junka?” Nina asked

“She’s still in there” I pointed them to the emergency room.

“Is the accident worse?” Kyuwan asked. I couldn’t answer it, just a nod. “I’m gonna call her mother and inform her about this”

“What happened Junyoung?” Nina asked after Kyuwan left for a call. I couldn’t answer her question because I was too nervous. Too nervous even to look at her face. I ignored her question, I sat down and I closed my eyes. I felt so guilty to Junka. Nina sat beside me. “Junyoung, tell me what happened” Nina pulled my shirt. “I guess you are still shock. Tell me everything when you are ready okay?” Nina left me and went to Kyuwan.

“Is Junka okay, Junyoung?” I heard Kevin hyung’s voice coming. I opened my eyes. He came with Jonghyun and Hyungshik. 

I closed back my eyes. “It is none of your business hyung. Why would you care? She is my girlfriend not yours”

“Hyung!” Hyungshik called “Junyoung!” Jonghyun called. I guessed they were shocked that I was rude to Kevin hyung.

“Although she’s not my girlfriend but she’s my friend” Kevin hyung said

“Your friend? Huh” I smirked and stood up “I don’t believe you and you” I pointed to Jonghyun and Kevin hyung “I couldn’t believe that both of you back stab me. Jonghyun, I’m your best friend and you back stabbed me. You kissed Junka when I wasn’t around” I said

“Jonghyun kissed Junka?” Nina said, looked shocked when she came back to us.

“Can both of you go away for a while? The boys got something to discuss” Hyungshik stopped them from getting closer and took them away.

“And hyung. You are my brother and you back stabbed me by going for a date with Junka. What was that hyung? I am your brother. I couldn’t believe that both of you back stabbed me”

“MOON JUNYOUNG!” Kevin hyung called my name, strict. He had his fist on.

“Wait Junyoung. I kissed Junka? Where is the prove that I kissed Junka? I never back stabbed you and I never kissed Junka. Nina is my girlfriend now and I love her. This must be a mistake” Jonghyun explained

I gave Jonghyun my phone “That’s the prove” I glared at Kevin hyung. He looked real mad “Besides, Junka is a cheater”

Kevin hyung took a deep breath “MOON JUNYOUNG! You better take back what you said”

“Wae?! She really is a cheater. If she really loves me she wouldn’t cheat on me” I smirked

Kevin hyung grabbed my jacket collar and pushed me to the wall. “DO YOU EVER KNOW WHAT DIFFICULTIES JUNKA HAVE BEEN FACING JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU WILL LOVE HER NO MATTER WHAT?! DO YOU KNOW?! THE DAY YOU SAID YOU SAW ME DATING WITH JUNKA THE OTHER DAY, WE WEREN’T DATING! I WAS HELPING HER TO FIND YOUR LONG LOST LOVE GRAVE. SOOYOUNG’S GRAVE! DO YOU EVER KNOW THAT?! KYUWAN TOLD ME, SHE DIDN’T HAVE ENOUGH POCKET MONEY FOR HER TO EAT JUST TO BUY THE COUPLE RING! SHE DIDN’T SLEEP FOR ONE NIGHT JUST TO MAKE A SPECIAL CAKE FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY. NINA TOLD ME, JUNKA SKIPPED HER BREAKFAST AND LUNCH JUST TO FIND THE ADDRESSES OF SOOYOUNG’S MOTHER’S NEW HOUSE. JONGHYUN TOLD ME THAT SHE LEARNT HOW TO PLAY GUITAR AND STAYED UP TILL MORNING JUST TO MAKE A SONG FOR YOU! DO YOU EVER KNOW THAT?! DO YOU?! AND DID YOU KNOW THAT JUNKA HAD INTO AN ACCIDENT TODAY JUST BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID MISUNDERSTOOD?! If she died, I will blame you” he let go my collar after he let everything out.

I was totally speechless. I didn’t know about what Junka done for me. There are so many things Junka have done for me but why I never realized that. I sat on the floor.

“Dude, yes I admit this is me and Junka. But I didn’t kiss her. I whispered into her ear to tell about my relationship with Nina. Besides, it’s Yewon who sent this picture to you. Yewon never likes Junka since you got couple with Junka. You should think straight” Jonghyun explained more.

“If Junka died, I would blame myself neither” I mumbled to myself. I was trying to think straight. Bad things happened to Junka were all because of my fault. 

Kevin hyung sat beside me “You are my brother, I won’t blame you. I was just mad. I understand how you feel” he smiled. I smiled back at him. I know Kevin hyung is not mean.

Jonghyun punched on my arm “Now you need to help me to explain to Nina. I don’t want my relationship to get ruin just because of this” he giggled. So did I.

“Junka is now save, she’s just unconscious. She will awake after a few hours” that was the doctor said when he came out from the room. I was relieved. “Have you guys contact her family members?” the doctor asked

“Yes, her mum will come soon. She’s on her way” Kyuwan answered. The doctor left. We thanked him. “Junyoung and Kevin sunbae, you guys can go home first. Let Nina and me waited for her mother to come. Besides, you’ve been waiting here for 2 hours until the doctor came out” Kyuwan suggested

“No! I will stay here with you two” I said. I can’t leave Junka until I say sorry

Hyungshik tapped my shoulder “Hyung, we should go home first. We came back here when she is awake” 

“Okay then. Hyung” I called Kevin hyung “You leave your bike here and go home with me. Is that okay hyung?” I said. I need to ask him something and I was going to let him answer it no matter what.

“If I leave my bike here, then who will bring it home?” Kevin hyung asked

“You can come back later and take it home” I said. I smiled at him and he replied it.

 

“So hyung..” I called his name while driving. “I need to ask you a question. Will you answer it?”

“Oh that’s why you forced me to leave my bike at the hospital and go home with you. Because you want to ask me questions?” he smiled, I nodded “Sure, what is it?”

“Why you care so much about Junka? I mean how did you know a lot about Junka? I am her boyfriend and she never told me everything that you told me just now” I asked. He remained silence after I asked him that question. It took a long time for him to answer it. 

“I never tell this to anyone” he started to talk “Back then, before we debuted, I used to have a girlfriend. I love her so much and no one can deny how much I love her. Her name is Eunji. Her age is the same as Junka. Junka is just like her. You know, Junka is like a mirror. She reflects back what is inside Eunji. Junka has everything in Eunji. Almost everything on Junka is the same as Eunji. Junka’s face and height are the same with her. The way Junka laughs, smiles, acts cute, cares about something are so similar to her. Whenever I met Junka, she will remind me of Eunji”

“What happened to her?” I asked

“She’s dead” he answered. I suddenly brake. “Why are we stopping here?”

“Sorry. I’m just shock” I continued driving “She’s dead? How?”

“Same like you. Because of my stupid jealousy, she had into an accident” he explained more “We were having a picnic on the hill and Eunji who was planning the picnic. After that, I received a text message from her ex saying that they were back together again and Eunji planned the picnic because she wanted to say that she’s back with her ex again. I got mad. So we had an argument on the hill. I guess it was my fault. I accidentally pushed her down the hill and she died at the hill. After the accident, the message I received was a fake message. Her ex made it up just to make me jealous. This accident makes me protect Junka no matter what. I know she’s your girlfriend but I feel like it is my responsibility to take care of her. I hope you won’t mind and don’t worry, I won’t take her from you. She’s yours. No one can replace Eunji in my heart” he smiled.

I smiled back at him. It was a relieve to hear such a long explanation from hyung yet I felt sorry for him too.

———————————————————------————————————————-

Junka POV : 

I woke up. I looked around the room. It’s not my room. I looked beside me, my omma and appa was there. “Omma! Appa!” I called them. It was such a relieved to see omma and appa. I smiled and I tried to sit up but my head don’t let me. My head was like banging when I tried to sit up. I can feel bandage on my head and I had a bandage on my left hand too. I barely remember what happened that make me laying down on the bed in the hospital room. Omma pushed me down, asked me to stay lay down. “What happened?” I asked

“You had an accident. You got hit by a car. Don’t you remember?” appa asked.

“Yeah, I remembered now. Erghh..” I groaned because my knee suddenly felt hurt. I looked at my left knee. It was wrapped by a bandage. “What happened to my knee?” 

“Your knee? The doctor said you broke your patella. So you can’t walk. If you want to go anywhere, you have to use the wheelchair” omma explained it to me. “What happened until you got into the accident? Is there anything happened to you with Junyoung?” she asked

“Nothing happened” I don’t want omma to know I had an argument with Junyoung before I got hit. I quickly changed the topic “I don’t want to use the wheelchair. Can I just use the stick that people who broke their leg always use? I don’t feel free if I use the wheelchair. Besides, using wheelchair is harder than using the stick” I complained.

“Ahhh, Lee Junka. You complain so much” Kyuwan and Nina entered the room. “Omma, appa, you two should go home and get some rest for now. I will wait for Junka. You two can go rest at our house first” Kyuwan suggested

“Yeah, I will bring you home” Nina volunteered herself. Omma, appa and Nina left the room and went home. 

Kyuwan sat next to me on the chair “What happened to you and Junyoung? I heard you had a big fight with him”

I sat up “I don’t know” I don’t want to remember what happened before the accident or tears might fall. I don’t want to cry in front of Kyuwan.

“Annyeong” someone greeted. Both of us looked at the door. It was Junyoung who came in. I was afraid if he was still mad at me so I looked away. I can’t look at his face.

“Ah, annyeong Junyoung” Kyuwan greeted him back. Kyuwan stood up and walked towards the door “I’m gonna leave you two here” she said while leaving. I tried to stop her from living but I can’t because my mouth was too heavy to say any words and my movements were froze by my nervousness.

“Thanks Kyuwan. By the way, Hyungshik is waiting for you outside” he giggled

“HARHAR. Very funny Junyoung” Kyuwan replied. I heard the the door bang. I guessed Kyuwan left already.

“Hey, Junka” he greeted me. I looked at him and tried to act cool. He smiled at me. So I smiled back at him. “Are you okay Junka?” he asked and he sat on the chair beside me.

“I’m okay” I smiled “I took a deep breath “Junyoung the picture is not true. I…” Junyoung put his finger on my lips before I could finish my words.

“I knew everything. So don’t worry” he smiled

“So you are not mad at me?” I asked for confirmation

“Nope. Looked” he showed me his finger “I took back the ring” he smiled “And this" he took out another ring. It was the couple ring that I should wear. I guessed it must be dropout when the accident happened “This ring should be on this finger” he wore the ring on my finger. I smiled. He was still holding my hand “I promise you, starting from today until the end of my life, I will love and take a really good care of you. Don’t worry” he stood up and kissed my lips.

—————————————————————————————————------------------------

Kyuwan POV : 

I was on my way back home. Nina wasn’t with me because she had a date with Jonghyun. How lucky she was to have such an adorable and kind boyfriend like Jonghyun. I wished I was her. I wondered, if what Junka said about Hyungshik likes me, why he never asked me to be his girlfriend. I sighed.

Suddenly someone with a bike stopped in front of me. It was Hyungshik “Hi Junka” he opened his helmet’s mirror. “Where are you going?” he asked

“I’m going home. Why?” I asked back

“I need your help”

“What is it?”

He grabbed my hands and forced me to sit behind him on the bike “Don’t ask. Just follow”

 

He took me into a jewelry shop. “I want to buy a ring for the girl that I like. I’m going to propose her today. Can you help me to pick the suitable ring for her?” he asked.

“Girl you like?” I rose my eyebrow. I was trying to act cool. “Who is it?” I asked. 

“It’s a secret. Will you help me?” he asked again

I sighed. At the same moment I was shocked. I sighed because he likes someone else and not me. If he likes me, he wouldn’t took me and asked me to pick the suitable ring. I was shocked because he already have a girl he likes. “Sure” I forced to smile

So I picked a ring. I don’t know either the girl would like it or not because I pick the ring based on my taste. “So you are going to send me home?” I asked

“No, we are going to somewhere else first” he answered.

 

He took me onto a hill with his bike. “What are we doing up here?” I asked

“Watching the sunset” he giggled. Suddenly he took out the ring box that he bought for the girl that he wanted to propose. He knelt down. “Will you be mine?”

I laughed “Are you practicing to propose her? How cute. I guess the girl will say yes if you propose her like this. Besides, the ring that I chose is so pretty”

“I’m not practicing. This is real. I’m proposing you” he sighed “So will you be mine?”

It was hard to believe that he really proposed me. “If it was me you want to propose, why you asked me to help you to choose the ring?” I asked

“Because I’m afraid if I pick it for you, you will never like it. So will you be mine?” 

“I…” I don’t know why I became stutter “Do..” He quickly wore the ring into my finger. He stood up and kissed me on his bike.