Chap 8

The perfect couple

Keng!

The dagger dropped when those crazy women rushed away. Amber held the bloody body tightly on her lap, crying as the world ends.

-O..oppa..OPPA!!! Please open your eyes...please...please dont leave me!!! OPPA!!!

With eyes ajar, he whispered his last words...

-Amber...anh...yêu...em(It's Vietnamese. Anh yêu em=i love you)

Amber doesnt know what it is, but too panicked, she is speechless in crying.

 

[Emergency room, Seoul Hospital]

- This case is very dangerous.  The dagger is only 2 cm away from the heart. HURRY UP!!!

....

-The heart stopped. I need a pacemaker. 1,2,3...push! No effect. Again. 1, 2, 3...push!...

Outsides the room, Amber is nearly breathless, expecting every sound from the room. Tears silently drop on her face. She cant hold the sob...Why the God is always so unfair to her? The people she love all had to pass away, right? Dad,. mother, and now NKD oppa... Is she supposed to put up with the worst luck of the world? Or as those women said, she is no more than a failure of God? Now everything that happened today is back in her mind, fill her heart with some feeling more than sadness. She should die so that no one would be hurt just for her... Yes, the one like her have no right to exist in this world. Maybe her death would be the greatest dedication to human beings...Hahaha. She smirks to herself while the tears stream down her cheeks.

Suddenly the door opens. A white shadows appears. Amber immidiately rushed to him.

-Doctor... doctor, how is he? Please tell me he is still alive...

- ....

-Doctor, say something please...

- Uhm... I cant say for sure... U can say he is still alive...But...he is unconcious. We dont know when will he wakes up. We did try our best.Just can hope for the magic from his mind...

-No...NO! U must be kidding. I must see him myself!

She rushed into the room. A white bed...n a person on it...completely unconscious n pale as a death.

- Oppa...

She collapsed beside the bed, crying like there is no world. Without NKD, she would have died, literal and figurative. He saved her when she coped with the gangsters, n he saved her against the crazy people. He saved her life from lonliness n hopelessness.And  now she can only stay here watching him nearly die... Only now did she knew how much she need him...

It was 3 days from that horrible day. Amber keeps visiting NKD anytime she can, tell him about what she did that day. Until one day she cant stand that condition anymore, cant be cheery anymore. 3 days she didnt cry, but now she cant hold it... She kissed his forehead, tears drop on his face, whisper: "Oppa, i do need u. Please dont leave me like this... Oppa, i need you, i do love you more tham my life..."

And as a magic, he opened his eyes.

============

[3 days ago, on the way to Amber's home]

Key's phone rang.

- Alo?

-Key, hurry up. Your mother suddenly fainted. Her condition is worse and worse... We cant say for sure...

He dropped the phone, crazily took a taxi to the hospital. "Omma, please, please... God, dont take my mum away... I plead  u...please dont let that thing happen..."

-Omma...OMMA! Are you ok?

Key rushed to the white bed, tears covered his face. On the bed was a weak woman. the pale face tried to fake a small smile towards her son.

-Son, calm down...Im still be there, u see? Nothing happened to me yet. Really. There is nothing bad here. Kibum ah...it's fine. Hey, son, where is my future daughter-in-law?

He cant hear any word. He embraced his mother tightly, fear that she would disappear... Doctor told him that she had not much time...Only 1 moth more n he wont never see his mom...And now her biggest dream..he still cant make it true... She only need her son to be happy... Her future daughter-in-law...Right! AMBER!