My Heart's Joy2

My Heart's Joy

 

Chapter 2:

Why? Why? Why?

My heart cry!

Why? Why? Why?

 

Why must you go, and leave me?

Why must I stay, and be alone?

why must we part ways, why?

 

Give me, give me back time,

When we were together,

Give me, give me back time.

 

"Can I sit here?" Jae Joong asked her.

She looked up from the book she was reading, and looked at him halfheartedly, her mind was still in what she was reading, "Okay."

"Thank you." 

Then she returned to her book. He was surprised, she did not give him a second look. Half smiling to himself, ‘She is cute, on the chubby side but cute.’ He sat across from her and placed his bag on the table, and then opened his bag and took out his notebook. He kept taking glimpses at the girl, ‘She is not that beautiful, now why, why am I interested?’ he asked himselfHe left his things on the table and went to look for the books he needed. He had to do his homework and he did not have the books he needed, so he went to the library, and here he was looking for those books. When he found them he went back to his seat and sat down. He still found the girl, sitting in front of him, reading. He opened a book and started reading.

 

‘That was the first time, I saw you, reading a book. You were so concentrated in reading, you did not notice the people around you. You did not notice me. I kept taking a peek at you under my lashes, but you never noticed me. Funny thing was, I liked it, you did not pay attention to me, unlike the other people around us.’

 

A smile

I wish to see

A smile

 

A look

I wish to see

A look

 

Your face

I wish to see

Your face

 

You

I wish to see

You

 

‘I am in the library again, for the up-tenth time, just trying, taking a chance to see you. This is the third straight day, and you are nowhere to be seen. I looked all over the library for you. Where the hell are you?’ he was pouting, frowning, and starting to be in a dark mood, ‘Where do you go? Where do you hang-out? Where? Where? Where? Where the hell are you, my chubby one. This is so frustrating. I just want to see you. Please, please, come, I'm here . . waiting.’


Beauty

There are those

More beautiful than you

y

There are those

More y than you

Glamor

There are those

More glamorous than you

 

‘You're so plain, so simple, so ordinary. You even wear your long black hair up in a pony tail. You're chubby, not y at all. You don't even wear a make-up. You're the t-shirt and jeans, kind of a girl,’ he sighed, ‘Why, may I ask, why, why I am so interested in you. You don't even notice me, and I'm Jae Joong.’


You bother me

You won’t leave me alone

Even in my dream

You come to disturb me

Even in my work

You come to me

Even in my music

You come to my melody

 


‘I keep thinking of you. I keep thinking about you. You're a constant thought in my mind. I even dream about you. I sometime thought, I saw you. But, you're not there at all. You . . you . . you are making my world spin around you,’ deep  breath. ‘My songs . . are now affected by you. I can't think straight . . because of you . . but who . . who are you? I don't even know your name."



Father and child together:


Time seems irrelevant

Passing us by

When you are here with me

Every moment so precious

Every second is gold

Let me stay like this with you

Let me stay by your side

It is my life wish to be with you

My hope and dream

To spend every waking moment with you

My life is complete

When I am with you

Take me to your side

And never let me go

Tie me up with your embrace and love

I am willing to be with you

There is nothing the world can do

To take me away from you

I am willing to follow you

No matter where you wish to go

I believe I am in love with you




Smile for me my precious child

Smile and let me smile along

Play house with me

Let us spend our time together

Every moment is precious for me

A keepsake to take with me

Let me have all the memories with me

Let me keep it all deep within me



"Appa, am I doing it right?" Yoshi looked at Jae Joong with an inquiring look, she was asking, while beating the eggs. She was so careful and concentrated with what she was doing.

"Ye, you are doing it just right, and you're not spilling anything," he smiled and  looked at her, who smiled right back,  when he was slicing some hotdogs; then turned back  to look at what he was doing. He had already washed some rice and placed it in the rice cooker.

The father and daughter were in the kitchen cooking their breakfast. It was not often that he could cook for Yoshi. And now, she was helping him prepare the eggs by beating them for him.
 

Refresh a new day

With your smile

Refresh a whole day

With your spirit

Refresh my life

With your presence

Refresh my destiny

With your love


"Hmmm Appa, this is delicious," she had a beaming smile.

"I'll cook for you next time then, how about that," he was smiling, answered Yoshi.

"Cook lunch for me then. hahahahahaha" she was smiling, answered her Appa.

"Your grandma is a better cook than I am, she will probably have something for us, when we get there."

"Ye Appa, grandma is a good cook, I miss her cooking already. I am glad we are going today," Yoshi took a spoon full of food to .

'She looks so cute eating. That is why, I love feeding her,' he said to himself, 'I wish, I can do it often.'

 

I can’t keep my eyes off you

With your pink cheeks

With your beaming smile

Your cheeks full of food

Your eyes looking at me

Saying how you’re enjoying this

I can’t take my eyes off you

Enjoying myself watching you eat



Look

Look at our child

How beautiful she has grown

So pretty

So intelligent

She is you

A little version of you

My heart ache

When I look at her

How I wish

You are here with me

Looking

Looking at our child

You with me

You with us

Me and our child

Happy together



You bring joy

To my heart

My precious one

You bring warmth

To my heart

My beloved one

You bring happiness

To my heart

My only one


 

"hihihihihi Appa"

"Come on, we need to hurry," Jae Joong had the faucet open, and was washing the face of Yoshi, who was standing near the counter, while she was trying to get him wet by reaching out at the faucet, and by splashing water at him.

"hihihihihi" she was giggling and being playful.

"hahahahahaha Stop it, now," he took a towel and wiped her face. "You need to brush your teeth, Yoshi. Go back to your room and get your tooth brush."

"I can't reach it, Appa."

"Alright, then stay here and I'll get it," Jae Joong walked to her room and into her bathroom and took her toothbrush and toothpaste, which she favored. He went back to his bathroom, to her. He placed toothpaste on her toothbrush and gave it to her. "Here, brush your teeth."

"Brush with me, Appa," smiling, he took his own toothbrush and was about to get his toothpaste, when. . "Wait, Appa, use my toothpaste, so we are using the same." Yoshi was smiling at him.

"hahahaha Alright," he took her toothpaste and applied it to his toothbrush.

The father and daughter was brushing their teeth together in his bathroom.

 

A breath of fresh air

A drive into the countryside

You beside me

 

A chance moment

A brief encounter

You beside me

 

Share the moment

Share a smile and laughter

You beside me

 

Come and bother me

Smile and talk to me

You beside me

 

Let me love you

I’ll let you love me

You beside me

 

A moment I’ll lock in my memory

A moment that I’ll treasure

You beside me

 

 

* * * * *


Adorable model

A tiny princess

Fashionista

A pretty me

You are me

A girl me

A tiny me

A model

 


‘You looked so cute and adorable with your dress and shoes. You could be a young model, I'd pay you to model. You could carry your clothes really well, just like me. You’re the girl, me. A pretty girl, me.’

 

I found the person

Who can beat me

A tiny creature

Living with me

She has the flair

To be a model

A great dresser

My daughter

 


‘I would love to dress you up, change your clothes, again and again, just to see you wear them, and fix your hair in all sort of ways, so I could see you look so pretty. You’re my living doll, my Ko, my daughter.’


I am missing you

More now

You should be the one

To look after our daughter

Fix her up, dress her up

You should be here with her

Doing this thing I’m doing

You should be the mother

 


‘Look at our daughter, how pretty she looks. You should be here, doing this. You should be the one, looking after our Ko, the one dressing her,  the one fixing her hair, the one putting on her shoes, you should be the one, you should be here with us, you should be the one.’


Together

I wish we are together

I want us to be together

I need us to be together

I ache when I see families together

Eating together

Playing together

Laughing together

Sleeping together

I wish we are together

I want us to be together

I need us to be together

I ache when I see families together

 

 

A moment in the past:

A simple beauty

Entranced me

A simple beauty

Enraptured me

A simple beauty

Enchanted me

A simple beauty

Delighted me

A simple beauty

Charmed me

A simple beauty

 

 

A simple beauty

Can’t take my eyes off you

A simple beauty

I want to keep looking at you

A simple beauty

I want to be with you

A simple beauty

I want you to be with me

A simple beauty

I want you

A simple beauty

 

Finally

Wonder of wonders

I finally found you

I finally saw you

Finally


‘I'm going to the library, for the chance to see you. It's been several days now. Still, can not find a shadow of you. I'm walking with heavy steps, climbing these stairs, and a heavy heart. Will I see you?’ his thoughts while his head was bowed, looking gloomy, with a black shoulder bag, wearing a sleeveless v-neck gray t-shirt beneath a black collared polo shirt and a fitted gray jeans and black rubber shoes. 

‘I don't know why, I keep doing this. I keep coming here, when you are not even here. I'll look all over the library for you, look at all the faces, look at all the occupied  tables and chairs, looking at people, and look for you in all the corners of the library. By chance, you might be one of them or you might be somewhere in the library.’

‘I'm opening this door with a heavy arm and hand. Walking through the door with heavy steps. As soon as I enter, I know, I already started looking for you. My eyes, automatically looks for you. I'm looking around, when I saw someone, who looks like you, I took a second look, just to be sure. I can't believe it, you are here! It's you.’

‘Am I wishing too hard, now I'm seeing things? Am I hallucinating? Is this real? I'm already walking towards you, even before it registered in my head I was doing it. I'm taking deep breaths. I think I'm a little dizzy. I can't take my eyes off you. I might lose you, if I do.’

 

My lonely heart

Wish to be with you

Be beside you

To hold you and hug you

To spend time with you

Even to look at you

To stare at you

I long to be with you

 

 

Can not the season

Give us a chance to be together

Can not the heavens

Allow us to be together

Can not the universe

Give us a space to be together

Can not time

Give us a moment to be together

 

I love you

With all my heart

I love you

With all of me

I love you

With all I got

I love you

With all my being

I love you

 

I have seen you

I have you

I have found you

I have you

I have a hold of you

I have you

I touched you

I have you

 


‘I see you, I can't believe my eyes. You're in front of me. Finally, you are here. I've longed to see you, to have even just a glimpse of you. I'm breathing hard, my heart is beating fast. I can't take my eyes off of you. I sat where I can look at you, and not be too obvious. I want to approach you. And ask your name. I have to know your name, my chubby one. What can I do? What can I say? What must I do? I can't let you go. . and not know your name.’

Hello Hello

I'm finally meeting you

Hello Hello

I'm finally talking with you

Hello Hello

I'm finally going to know you

Hello Hello

I'm finally going love you

 

 

"Hello, can I sit here?" Jae Joong asked her. She looked up from the book she was reading, and nodded her head; then went back to the book she was reading. Jae Joong felt  a dejavu, and thought, 'This was like the first time I saw you, reading a book, hahahahaha' smiling at the bowed head reading a book. Pulled the seat, and sat down, 'Now, what?'
"I've seen you somewhere before," he said.

She slowly looked up; then looked side ways, and there was nobody else with them. She returned her look to him, "hmmmm? You're asking me?"

Smiling, "Yes, and my name is Jae Joong, I'm student here."

Her eyebrow rose a little, "Of course, you're a student here, why would you be here, otherwise."

He bit his lower lip slightly on the side, he thought to himself, 'Why did I say that, I sound dumb. ' " I'm not always in the library, you see."

Her eyebrow rose a little again, "I'm often in the library."

Jae Joong was thinking fast, 'I'm not doing this right.' "I major in Music, and minor in acting. My schedule was busy a bit."

"Ah, I see," she answered back.

'She won't even give me her name, and I already gave mine,' he was lost for words  on how to approach the topic.

Cute

That is what I could think of you

Beautiful

That, too is what I could think of you

Gorgeous

That is what I could think of you


‘Who is this guy? Is he, the guy, who belongs to a Kpop group? What is their name again? hmmmm I'm not into Kpop. Why is he in front of me, right now. Can't he see I'm busy reading. Why doesn't he just go away, and leave me alone. He is too beautiful for my taste, he is prettier than me, how can a guy be more beautiful than a girl? Hmmmm He is cute, I can give him that. Darn thing, biting his lips like that. hmmmm’

 

You

It's you

A memory

Returning


‘Ah, I remember now, it's you, that is why your face is familiar. I was reading, and you sat across from me. You went to look for your books, and sat back down. You were reading, I guess, you had an assignment you had to do that day, but, so was I. I had to finish reading my book, to do my assignment that day, too. Now, we are back here in the library. I have a book in front of me, but you don't. I know why I'm here, why are you here? Where is your book?’
 


Present day: (Jae Joong musing to himself)
 

I whisper your name

In my heart

Wanting you near me

Could not even speak of it

Speak your name

Say it out loud

How I long to say it

Say it once again

 

"I have  pictures of you, I have albums full of pictures of you. But, I could not open any of them. I could not look at them, and not miss you. I could not even say your name, and not feel the pain."

"Was it only yesterday? It feels like that to me. It was only yesterday, I had you with me. I live in our world, our time together, that keeps me going, but it hurts to think of you sometimes. It hurts to think, to know you are not here with me."

"Wanting you, desiring you, needing you . .  should I go on . . I know, I am fooling myself, living this way, living the way I do. But, I don't know how to go on in any other way. Only you, it's only you. I can have anyone, anybody . . there are so many of them wanting me, desiring me, who wants to need me, but, to me, it's only you. It's always been, only you."

"I may meet other girls, but I only end up comparing them to you. Your eyes, your hair, your lips, your clothes, your smell, your smile, your voice, your sarcasm, your wit, your intelligence, you . . darn you . . you still got me hooked."

"I wouldn't know how I would had been, if I don't have our daughter with me. I wouldn't know, if . . life was worth living . . if it was worth working my off . ." he sighed.

"I sometime find myself drinking, if it would ease the pain, if I can ease this pain in my heart. It is so hard to say your name, so hard even to whisper it."
 

A name

Carved in my heart

A name

Owner of my heart

A name

Cause of my pain

A name

Cause of my loneliness

A name

Cause of my heartbreak

 

 

+ + + + + +

 

A memory returning

A memory kept

A memory priced

A memory revered

 

 

Jae Joong was musing, deep in thoughts, while driving.  The traffic was only light going to the countryside. The lane, did not have many cars, nor the opposite lane. He was half focused, to what he was doing. There was music playing in the background.

"Appa, are we there, yet? Is it still far?" Yoshi asked, who was sitting at the backseat with a seat belt strap on, and she had books with her and a few toys.

Jae Joong did not hear his daughter. He was looking straight ahead.

"Appa, Appa . . Appa," she tried to get his attention. In a louder voice she called to him, "APPA!"

That got his attention, and he looked at his mirror, to look at his daughter’s reflection on the mirror, "hmmm, What is it, Ko?"

Pouting, "You're not listening to me."

"Sorry, Baby, Appa was driving. What was it about?" he asked, and then he took turn looking at the mirror and his driving.

"Are we there, yet? Is it close?”

"No Yoshi, we are not yet there, maybe two more hours drive to get there, but, will get there."

"Oh, Okay," she was quiet again, and opened her book. She looked through her book, looking at pictures, though, she can read. Then yawning, she went to sleep holding her book.

A trip with you

To see our love ones

You feel safe with me

You can sleep through the ride

An angel, sleeping

Going to the dreamland

Flying with angels

Dreaming, innocent dreams

 

* * * * *

 

A walk in the past

A memory returning

A time with you

A sweet moment



Jae Joong remembered a past he shared with her:

‘I was driving, just like this, and you're sitting in the passenger's seat, you're smiling at me, making jokes, commenting on certain issues, and gesturing with your hands. Then you'll touch my thigh, then talk, animatedly, smiling the whole time, even, laughing.'

‘From time to time, touching my arm, then wait for my comment. Wait, for my glances. Wait, for my smiles. You'd touch my hair, touch my face, move closer to me and put your hand on top of mine. Or we'd intertwine our hands while I'm driving, and have it on top of the shift gear.’

‘Our alone, together time. Often, it's in my car, with me driving. Not going anywhere in particular, just driving around. We love to drive in the motorcycle, too. Your arms on my waist hugging me tightly or holding onto my jacket. Your chest pressed to my back, so warm, like the sun.’

‘There were days, you'll be sleeping soundly beside me. And I'd be driving, looking at your sleeping form from time to time. I'd want to wake you up sometime, so you'd talk to me, but, I enjoyed it, too, watching you sleep.’

Present day:

‘But here I am, driving once again, no one beside me, but an empty seat. And our daughter behind me sleeping like an angel. You should be here with me while I'm driving, talking to me, joking with me, laughing with me, touching me, holding hands with me, and keeping me company.'

"Why do I feel alone?"
 

A memory returning

Words exchanged

A fight between us

Words expressed

 

How fierce you were

How you loved me

How you fought for me

How you fought with me



Jae Joong remembered a fight they had in the past:

"Who do you think you are? Just because, you are well known? I don't give a horse about that!" she said to Jae Joong.

"That is not what I mean, and you know it. And I did not say anything about me being well known," he answered back.

"Well, if you want to chase after all the skirts, then, go ahead! I'm stopping you! Don't come knocking on my door!"

"I am not, chasing skirts . . as you describe it! Woman, you are trying my patience!" he was pist.

"Now! It's me! It's me, who is trying your patience! Well, I have the best solution for that! Let's call it quits! Let's end all this farce! I had enough of this up to my neck!" Her hand on her neck, glaring up at him.

"Hey, Come on, let's not get to that," Jae Joong was saying in a lower and softer voice.

"Don't tempt me, Jae Joong! Don't tempt me! I can do it! And you know it!" she said to him, "I don't care if, you are the all mighty Jae Joong. I can, and I will, I'll leave you! Do you think, you are the only one with a future to think about? Do you think I'm stupid?"

"Please, sweetheart, don't say that! Please, let's not fight anymore, please! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! It was my mistake! I'll take all the blame! Please, sweetheart, don't be mad anymore, please!" he spoke, pleading to her. She was silent, looking directly at him, not blinking.

She was glaring at him, and then he hugged her tightly, "Sweetheart, you know, it's only you and no other. I love you, and only you."

"Then don't let me catch you! You're dead meat, if I do!" Jae Joong tried kissing her, but she tried to turn her head away from him, away from his kiss, "Don't kiss me! You buffoon! I hate you!"

"And this buffoon, loves you!" he kissed her on the cheek.