My Heart's Joy11

My Heart's Joy

Chapter 11:

 

Present day:

You are my girl,

Not just any girl.

You are my girl,

My one perfect girl.

 

In a clear day with the blueness of the sky above them, the sound of the riffle in the stream, and with the crisp wind slightly blowing and rustling  the leaves of the trees and plants around them. A few chirping of birds and buzzing of insects can be heard nearby.

 

Jaejoong, who is wearing plain white t-shirt and black short pants that’s just above the knee, but also  has on a few rings, earrings and a silver necklace,  is standing barefoot half a leg deep not far from where Yoshi is enjoying the water.

 

“Appa.” Yoshi’s cheerful voice ringing joyfully, is sitting and playing with her cousins in the crystal clear stream waist deep in a shallow natural formed pool. “Watch me,” he watches her leans backward up to her chest in water,  and with her t-shirt playing with the water. She is wearing a white t-shirt with a big Pororo right in the center, and even her light blue undies and navy blue short pants have Pororo print on them. She likes a lot of cartoons and anime, and she had chosen to wear Pororo for that day.

 

He can’t help smile at his daughter as he watches her enjoy a bath in the stream.

 

She slowly turns to her stomach with her hands beneath her and her head above the water. And not for long, she bends her knees beneath her with her short pants sticking out and tries to crawl to another spot in the stream where it is more shallow. She found her spot,  turns and lies down on her back with the water rolling off of her body, and she uses a rock as a pillow for her head. Above her, she looks at the leaves of the trees as they were dancing with the slight breeze, and the sunlight shining down on her playing peek a boo through the rustling leaves.   

 

A joy to watch you,

A joy to have you,

A joy to hold you,

A joy to love you.

As she gazes up, he turns to look up at what she is looking at, and then returns his gaze back down at her, and watching how  the sunlight plays on her face as she becomes animated with her expressions. 

Your face reminds me of her,

Your eyes reminds me of her.

Your look reminds me of her,

Your gaze reminds me of her.

 

If he could only capture this moment in a timeless capsule.

I want to be that wind, that lifts your wings,

To help you soar and reach the sky.

I want to be that wind, that soothes your wings,

To aid you rise and catch the sky.

 

Through the gaps in the leaves, she suddenly sees a pair of birds flying above the trees up in the sky. "Appa, look!" She suddenly points up, her finger following the two birds. All heads look up and try to see what she is pointing at. 

You are my life's compass,

That points my direction.

You are my life's compass,

that guides my direction.

 

Her six-year old cousin Daeyan says, "Oh, yeah, I see it now." 

"Cool!" A four-year old young cousin Junnah speaks in wonder. 

"A father bird and a mother bird," says Saejon, an eleven-year old older cousin. "A husband and a wife, and maybe they are looking for food to feed their chicks."

Eyes still glued to the birds, Ko sits up and asks, "What do they eat?"

Saejon answers her, "Hmm, they eat fruits, seeds, and even worms and insects."

Wishing a moment with you,

A mother bird, that is you,

A father bird, that is me,

A baby bird, that is Ko.

 

She turns her head and looks intently at her cousin and then looks up to the sky again, but the two birds are gone. She tries to find other birds, but there is none to be seen.

Ko hand signals her dad that she wants to get up, and is then helped by Jaejoong by holding onto her hands while she pulls herself, and upon standing up she keeps her hold to his right hand and tries to walk in the water against the stream. 

Perfect, you, a piece of me,

Perfect, me,  a piece of you.

Perfect you, a part of me,

Perfect me, a part of you.

 

After frolicking in the stream, and while looking down at her feet and admiring how the water feels as it runs against her feet, she spots something, and she points at it, "Appa, look,  fishes."

He looks down, "Yes, you are right." 

While still holding on to his hand, she bends down and with one hand tries to scoop a fish, but did not catch anything. She pulls her hand from her appa to try again, and this time, she uses both her hands together to catch it.

Junnah asks with curiousity, "What is she doing, uncle?"

He can't help smile as he watches his daughter trying to catch a fish, and answers, "She is trying to catch a fish."

You are my perfect mistake, that lights my wrong,

Yesterday and now, this is where I belong.

You make imperfect perfect, the right in my wrong,

Yesterday and now, this is where we belong.

 

Daejon  speaks in wonder, "Without a net?"

With excitement the others try to follow her action and also try to catch some fishes barehand, too. Jaejoong joins them and try his hand in catching one. They are all bend down and with their hands in the water looking for a fish.

A few minutes had past, and they are still at it.

"Fish! Waahh I did not catch it!" Daejon speaks in frustration. "I almost got it."

"Shhhh You'll scare them away." Whispers Junnah, who is concentrating in catching a fish.

Your presence relieves my pain, 

Your warm breath embraces my pain.

Your existence soothes my pain,

Your warm breath encloses my pain.

 

"I got one!" She giggles happily with a truimphant smile and a sparkle in her eyes, as she looks at her appa for approval and admiration from her cousins for being successful in catching one.

"Good job!" With a nod and a smile, he pats her back. "Let's see your catch."

"Ohh!! Let me see! Let me see!" Junnah is scrambling to move closer to where Ko is standing.

"Wow! Let's see!" Saejon steps closer to Ko. 

She looks down at her hands and carefully lifts it higher, to show a small fish swimming in the scooped water in her hands. She looks at it more closely, studying every detail that she can find. The others move closer to her to look at the fish, too. Heads bent down admiring the catch. 

"You did great! You caught one!" Daeyan says while clapping his hand.

Ko notices the amount of the water in her palms and the fish is not moving as much as before. As if she did not know what to do, in a panic, she looks up and calls her father, "Appa, help! The fish!" She looks back down at the fish.

A voice,

That shakes my heart.

A voice,

That flutters my heart.

In a soothing voice, "It's alright, Ko, just put your hands back to the water like this." He guides her hands by putting his hands beneath hers and slowly pulling their hands down to the water and allowing some water to pass through their fingers.  She watches as the water enters and makes a pool in her hands and watches as the fish swims again. 

She whispers in amazement, "It's swimming." She slowly lifts her hands again. 

Jaejoong follows her hands with his own hands, and forming a bigger pool of water for the fish. 

As you lay your hands on my hands,

Allow my hands to guide you.

As you lay your life in my hands,

Allow my love to guide you.