My Heart's Joy9

My Heart's Joy

Chapter 9:

A call that won’t cease,

A resonating echo in my heart.

From this spot where I have remained,

Quietly waiting and waiting for you.

I live in the past where we were,

Only when I’m with you can I breathe.

I could not take a step from here,

I will not move, forever I will wait for you.

***

Please listen, my dear,

My love for you is forever,

I will wait till the end of time,

I will not change.

My love, I love you so much,

No one can take your place.

My heart only belongs to you,

Forever is not enough for me and you.

I’ll give another lifetime,

That I can spent with you.

I love, love, love you,

Beyond the end of eternity.

***

My love will never end,

It will never die.

You will always be in my heart,

Tell me, that we will be for always.

You will always be on my mind,

Promise me, forever you will stay.

Forever you will be a part of me.

Hold onto me tightly,

I will never let you go.

Never ever leave my side,

Let my love give warmth to you,

I will always protect and love you.

 


One time:

After taking a bath and already wearing her light blue T-shirt and navy blue pajama, comfortably sitting on the bed with her eyes closed, while she blow dried her hair by hand combing her wet hair and also massaging her scalp.

He came from the bathroom after a quick shower towel drying his hair, also wearing his white T-shirt and gray pajama,  when his attention was drawn to her, and walked closer to her with an amused look, “You look  comfortable doing that. Let me do it for you.”

A carefree moment with you,

Sharing a smile, and happy to watch you,

A joy being able to be with you,

Sharing a touch, and glad to have you.


Eyes still closed and continued doing her hair, she murmured, “It’s alright, I am almost done anyway, I like doing it. It’s also my way of relaxing.”

Stopped drying his hair and held the towel by his side, and hand combing his hair, “Have you done your face?”

“Hmm, I have cleaned it when I took a shower, but I have not done the moisturizer and lip balm yet. I’ll do it after I have finished with my hair.”

His eyes watched her hand, and with a sheepish grin, “Allow me to do that for you.”

A slight frown and paused at what she was doing, “ Hah? What?” Slightly opening her eyes to gaze at him, “Why?”

A slight smile, “ I want to, come on, please.”

She closed her eyes again and resumed what she was doing, “What’s up with you?” She was pondering how he got such ridiculous ideas, maybe he read it somewhere or seen a TV drama or movie, and wanted to try it himself.


Another idea came to him, and said cheerfully, “You can do my face, if you want. I have already cleaned it, but not done the moisturizer and lip balm, too.”

She stopped the blow drier, eyes blinking, gazing at him and pondering what he was up to, “You can do your face better than anyone, besides the professionals that handle your face that is, and you’re so careful of your face.”

He was smiling brightly for thinking of another idea, “If you want, next time you can shave my face, too.”

Surprised by the idea, “What? Shave?” An astonished look on her face,  "You’ll let me shave that multi-million dollar face?” She then laughed at the preposterous idea.

He was still enjoying the idea, “I trust you.”

She still can’t believe he’ll let her do it, and with one raised eyebrow and a doubtful look, “You’ll trust me? I have never shaved anyone’s face before, and I don’t know how.”

“It’s easy, I’ll teach you.”

Laughing at his absurdity, “First lesson and it’s on your face? If I were you, I’d be so scared.”

“I know you’ll be careful.”

“Did it not occur to you accidents happen? What if I nick you?”

“It’s not a problem, the shave I use is pretty safe.” Touching his chin and jawline, “I already shaved, there is nothing to shave right now; otherwise I’d let you shave my face.”

“No, thank you. I’d rather not.”

“I’ll show you tomorrow morning how I do it, so you don’t have to be afraid.”

“I don’t know what’s up with you.”

“Are you finished doing your hair?”

“No, you interrupted me.”

“Okay, finish doing that and I’ll wait. Afterwards we can do each other’s face.”

“You are really determined in doing this, aren’t you?”

“Hmmm”

“You’ll not stop, right? And would probably sulk and pout all night long, if I don’t let you do it.”

“I know you’ll agree with me eventually.”

“Except for the shaving, I could agree with you.”

Smiled with a twinkle in his eyes.

“I did not say I already agree.”

“You are going to agree, right?” Eyes blinking, the tip of his tongue rolled on his lips, and then biting a small portion of his lower right lip, and acting cutely at her.

Rolling her eyes, and mumbled, “I don’t believe this.”

“Oh, while you are thinking about it, why don’t you do my hair? hmmmm Do to me what you are doing, please.”

Mumbled inaudibly, ‘I don’t believe this, what have I gotten into.’ Patting the place in front of her, opening her legs wide and answered him, “Sir, sorry to keep you waiting. Please, sit right here.” Pointing to the floor right in front of her, “ and please allow me to do your hair. It will be my honor.”

I like the touch of your hand,

I love the gentleness of your hand.

A touch that reaches my heart,

A gentleness that grasps my heart.


With a smile he walked closer  and sat down on the floor with his back to her and against the bed.

Mumbled, “I am not even finished with my hair, and I already got a client.”

He half turned his head slightly towards her, and asked, “Did you say something?”

She answered, “It was nothing, sir.” And then she mumbled, “What sharp ears you got.” She spoke acting like a hair stylist, and started by touching his hair, ”Oh, you got such soft hair sir, I wonder how you’ve been looking after it. Is there a special shampoo and conditioner that you use?”

Playing along, answered her, “Nothing special really, my hair is naturally soft.”

Started blow drying and hand combing his hair, “Your hair color is fine, too, sir. I must commend you hair stylist. If it is not too much, sir, may I ask who is your hair stylist? Maybe I’d go and visit to ask her to style my hair, too. “ Slightly shaking her head with her long shiny jet black hair swaying from side to side.  “I was thinking of cutting it really short, maybe as short as yours, and then color it with multilayered shades of brown and blond.”

Eyes blinking, and thinking fast before he answered, “Well, first, you have to consider if short hair will suit you.”

“Sir, are you implying it would not suit me? Don't be like that, sir. Hmmm, I think I was a kid the last time I had a really short hair.”

Mulling it over, “What I know, long hair is in for girls.”

“I’m thinking of a change. My boyfriend is so stylish and it’s hard to keep-up with him. He’s had so many hairstyle and different hair colors, you won’t believe it, sir. I don’t know, if he will allow me to have a short haircut though.”

He needed to answer her with finesse, “Boys will be boys, and in my opinion we still like our girlfriends to look like girls, you know, long hair.”

“Hmmm, You do have a point there, sir. I’ll take that into consideration. Thank you for your advice kind sir. Hmm I have colored my hair before, and I’m thinking of doing it again. If it is nicely done, I think it will be beautiful.”

“Hmm, I think hair color is good, just make sure not to ruin your hair and that it will suit you.”

“Sir, that is why I’m asking who is your hair stylist. Maybe she can do a good job on my hair. Oh, but then again, sir, I might not be able to afford her. Or maybe, I’ll be on the good side of my boyfriend and ask him to pay for it. Or maybe, kind sir, I can get a discount if you endorse me to her.”

Pretending along with her, “She is pretty busy, but I’ll ask to give you an appointment, since you are doing such a good job with my hair.”

With a happy voice, “Oh, would you, sir? Thank your kind heart sir.”

Turning off the blow dryer, “I am done, sir.” Hand combing his hair.

“How about your hair?”

“hahahaha I think it’s already dry.”

He half-turned to her and putting his arm on her thigh, “How about if we do our faces now?” Asking her with an inquiring look on his face.

“Oh, why not, let us might as well do it. “

He stood up with the towel in one hand and reached her hand with his other hand to help her up from the bed. And together they went to the bathroom hand in hand with him leading the way. They stopped by the vanity mirror. He placed the wet towel on top of the vanity and  turned to her and asked, “Shall we do it together?”

“Why not? It will save time.”

“Do you want to put a band on your hair?”

“There is no need, I’ll just put my hair behind my ears, like this.” Her hand moving her hair behind her ears.

He grabbed  the cream and faced her, putting his back against the vanity.

“I’d like to do this at an angle, so I can see how you apply it on my face. It’s the first time my boyfriend will apply moisturizer on my face. I hope you have not done this with anyone.”

“No way.”

“Sure?”

“Of course. This is my first time to do someone else’s face. I did not even do it with any of my sisters or even my mother.”

“Okay, okay, I believe you.”

“Good.” He moved a fraction, so she could see herself. He opened the container and offered it to her and she dipped two fingers to take some of it and placed a dollop on his nose, forehead, each cheeks, chin, and philtrum. He watched her eyes and facial expression, seeing how she was trying to contain her enjoyment. He dipped his two fingers and followed her example and did the same thing.

She smiled at the touch of his fingers and his action and he smiled right back at her. She peeked at her face in the mirror and returned  her gaze at him. “How about we stop here and do our own faces.”

“A-ah, No, Miss.” And with his two fingers he started spreading the cream on her forehead.

She looked at the mirror to watch him for a second and gazed at his face.  She can’t help but bite her lower lip and also started applying the cream on his face.

Together, they enjoyed in applying the cream on each other’s face. From time to time they both would sneak  a peek on the mirror with smiles on their faces and laughing watching each other working on each other’s face.

After a while, she yawned, “I’m sleepy.”

“Have you lost weight?” Patting her cheeks with the palm of his hand and bent his fingers and scissor pinched her cheeks.

“You noticed, but didn’t you say you wanted me to lose weight?”

“Hmm Yeah, but not at the cost of your health.”

“I’ve been to busy to eat properly or sleep for that matter. I’ve been living on coffee these days. I’m lucky if I got a two or three hours sleep.” Yawning, “ I’m too tired, I don’t think I can be able to cook breakfast, and I have an early class tomorrow. I have to catch the bus.”

“I wish I could drive you, but I have a flight to catch myself.”

“That’s why I’m here even if I got tons to do, I know we won’t be seeing each other for awhile. Hmm But, right now, I could hardly keep my eyes open.” Blinking, places palms on her cheeks. “The price we have to pay to be together or I should say, the price I have to pay to be with you.”

“Babe, don’t study too hard, not this big a sacrifice because of me. What’s the use if we are not well together. I don’t want you getting sick or lose your scholarship.”

“Hmm Don’t work too hard yourself. I’m fine, don’t worry, I’m superwoman. I’m handling and joggling everything nicely.” Yawning, “Soon, I won’t be able to keep a conversation with you. My brain is shutting down. My body has this red alert signal flushing, “Sleep! Sleep! Sleep!” Not even coffee can help me now. Just give me a few minutes or a few hours sleep and I’ll be okay. I’ll be more functional. I’ll be myself again.”

“Have you put lotion on your hands and feet?”

“Not my hands, I planned doing it last, before I go to sleep.”

“Hmm Okay, I’ll put lotion on your hands, while you lie down and rest.”

Smiled sweetly, “A hand massage?”

He smiled in return, “Of course, why not.”

“I feel so special and pampered.” Yawning, “I could hardly keep my eyes open.”

“Sleep.”

“Yes, sir. Hmm Can I have a goodnight kiss from my darling boyfriend? Hmmm” She closed her eyes and puckered her lips.

With a smile looking at her face, and then to her lips, he puckered his own lips and gently kissed her.

Slightly opening her eyes, “Hmm That was nice. Goodnight, my sweet prince.”

“Goodnight, my dearest princess.”

“One last.” She gave him a light quick kiss. “I’ll take that to my dream.”