MY Heart's Joy1

My Heart's Joy

 

Chapter 1:

 

Joy of my heart

I will keep you

Safe in my arms

I love you

More than my life

We have a bond

That keeps us together

For eternity

 

Someone was coming through the door. She had been watching the door all day long, but was keeping busy by watching her favorite channel in the living room, "hahahahaha You're home! You're home!" She got up from the floor and ran to him, and jumped high, and gave him a hug. Jae Joong was laughing and smiling, caught her and gave her a big hug; then kissed her cheek, and won't let up as if his lips was stuck to her cheek. "hahahahaha Let me kiss you, too! Let me kiss you, too! I missed you!" she was smiling, giggling and laughing;  then hugged him tightly by the neck.

 

You

Are my world

I’ll do anything to keep you

Here in our cocoon

Say that you’ll have me too

My one true Love


"You did as you promised! hahahaha You're home! You're home!" She hugged him more tighter, squeezed him tight. Jae Joong stopped kissing her, and moved his head away a little, while he still kept her in his arms.

"hahahahaha You have to let me breathe, Yoshi hahahahaha, and of course I wouldn't want to disappoint my favorite girl." 

She was smiling, when she moved her head and looked at him. They were face to face, she moved back a little more with her arms on his shoulder. She hugged him again really tight; then gave him a kiss on the cheek.  She placed her lips on his ear and whispered, "Welcome home, Appa!"

 

I breathe

Your sweet smell

Filling me

Of boundless joy

Your hug

Comforts me

Your kiss

Cleanses me

 


Jae Joong felt he could breathe freely, when he had her in his arms like this, by kissing her and smell that sweet smell she had, the smell of an innocent child.  Jae Joong still had Yoshi, his three years old daughter in his arms; then carried her to the living room, and went to the sofa and sat down with her on his lap, "How are you doing my Ko," Jae Joong's nickname for Yoshi. "Have you been good?"  He was looking at her and playing with her long hair.

"hihihihi Appa, I'm a good girl and you know that."

Smiling, Jae Joong patted her on the head, "Yes, you are my good girl."

"Have you eaten, Appa? We can ask Unnie Inna to prepare the table, we've been cooking for you, I helped," smiling adoringly at him.

"Maybe in a bit, let me have this time with my little Munchkin,"  he started tickling Yoshi.

"hahahaha Appa! hahahaha Appa! hahahaha"

Smile

My sweet love

Smile

And heal my heart

Smile

And share your joy

Smile

And make me whole

 


"Appa, please! Stop! huh huh huh I can't breathe! huh huh huh," Yoshi was breathing through , and had tears for laughing so hard.

"All right Ko, are you okay? hahahaha " Jae Joong was smiling, and Yoshi was smiling, too. Then she took revenge  at her Aboji and tried tickling him back, "hahahahaha You little . . .wait . . . hahahaha . . . just you wait . .  hahahaha"

 

Perfect

That is you

With your ten fingers

Perfect

That is you

With your ten toes

Perfect

That is you

With you in my arms

 


'Ah, My little angel, how she has grown.' Jae Joong was considering, while looking at his daughter, laughing at her antics. 'She is so beautiful. I'll have to keep her safe from all those men, who will want her. I'll have to find her the right man. I'll not give her so easily to just anyone of them, they will have to go through me.'

"Come now . . Kaja . . Munchkin, Kaja . .  And let's get a bite to eat.  Maybe your Unnie Inna has already prepared the table for us,"  he was holding Yoshi's back and with a finger touched her small adorable cheek and nose. 

"Ye, Appa. Let me run and tell Unnie Inna."  He let her off his lap and she ran to the kitchen, while calling for her Unnie Inna. He followed her with his eyes, smiling to himself.

 

Your voice

Fills my world

Your voice

Calms me down

Your voice

Is a song to my ears

Your voice

Is my heaven


Running back to where he was, "Appa, the table is ready," Yoshi was smiling up at him  held Jae Joong's hand, and  tried pulling him up so he rose from the sofa, and she led him to the dining area.

The table was indeed ready. Perhaps, when Inna heard him talking with his daughter, she prepared the table. He looked for his assistant, he forgot her, when he was with his daughter, but found her helping Inna, preparing the table, he smiled at her, and then gazed at everyone, "Let us all eat together."

It is always

A sunny day

When I’m with you

Like the breeze

Passing through

That touches me

A breath of fresh air

That fills me

You complete me

At the table:

"Mianhae Appa, I don't know the use of sticks." Yoshi, who still could not say chopsticks, was apologizing to her Aboji, "but I practice, promise, I practice Appa."

Jae Joong could only smile at his daughter, who looked so precious at that moment, "It is all right, Munchkin, use the spoon and fork."

"But Appa, you all use sticks,"' Yoshi was pouting, looking around the table, when everyone was using chopsticks, but she could hardly hold the two sticks together.

"It is all right my Ko,  you will learn I know you will, but for now it is all right to use spoon and fork, " he tried to appease his daughter.

"But Appa . ."

"I have a better idea . . why don't I feed you instead?" smiled winningly at Yoshi.

"hihihihi I'm a big girl now, Appa."

Looking sad, "hmmm But I miss feeding my Munchkin. You always wanted me to feed you." He was looking so forlorn.

I will miss

Our old days

When I had you all to myself

I will miss

Our old days

When it was just you and me

I will miss

Our old days

When I was your world

 

"Don't be sad Appa, I am your little Ko, You can always feed me, "  looked at her Aboji worriedly, because he looked so sad, maybe she did something wrong that made him sad. "Appa . . "

"Munchkin, Appa is all right. I just miss feeding you," Jae Joong tried not to show how sad he really felt and tried a smile, but bit his lips instead.

"Appa . . you can feed me,"  she got down from her chair, and went to him, and tapped his thigh; then reached out to him with both of her arms, he reached out, and took her in his arms, and sat her on his lap. Yoshi touched his cheek, "You can feed me Appa."  Jae Joong felt better knowing his daughter still needed him.

He kissed her cheek, "Let's eat, what would you like  to eat?" he gave an inquiring look; then smiled at his daughter.

You cried

Only for me

You slept

Only with me

You looked

Only at me

You depended

Only on me


'You make me feel needed and wanted. You love me wholeheartedly.'

"How about this one?"

"Ye, and this one too Appa. I helped cook this Appa," she was proud to show off to her Aboji.

"You did? Then I better have a taste," he's so proud of his daughter. " Hmmmm It's delicious.  You can help me, too when I cook, right?"

"Ye, Appa I'll help you. I'll be your little helper, that is what Unnie Inna called me. hihihihihihi"

 

I will love you

Today and tomorrow

I will love you

My whole life

I will love you

Forever and a day

I will love you

In this life and my next


"hahahaha That tickles Appa,"  Yoshi was laughing while Jae Joong was giving her a bath, all the while he was smiling, he was intentionally tickling her.  It was not often he could give his daughter a bath that was why these moments were special for him.

He picked her up and placed her on the tiled floor, "Let's get you dried with your towel."  Got a towel from the towel rack, and then he dried her hair, and then dried her body.  He returned that towel back to the towel rack, and then he took another towel with a hood, and covered her with it, and carried her to her room. "Hmmmm You smell so good," placed his lips on her neck, and was kissing her and blew air on her neck, tickling her.

"hihihihihihi Appa hihihihihi Appa Appa"
 

 

You lay down

And you looked at me

You rolled over

And you looked at me

You crawled

And you looked at me

You walked

And you looked at me

You ran

And you looked at me

 

I hope

The day will not come

When you

No longer looked at me

 

* * * * *

Appa

You are my world

Appa

The sun rises on you

Appa

The sun sets on you

Appa

The moon lights on you

Appa

The stars twinkles on you

 


Walking slowly, he carried Yoshi in his arms to the bedroom and he placed her on her bed, which was covered with a pink comforter, "Let's changed into a pajama, okay? So which one do you like to wear tonight?"  he was asking his daughter.

"hhhmmm Let me take a look," she sat down;  then back crawled, and then slid on the bed coming off the bed. Then she  walked towards her drawers, "Appa, open this one."  Yoshi was pointing to the third drawer for her pajamas. He went to her and opened the drawer. Reaching in the drawer going through her clothes, she picked a set of pajamas, "Appa this one I like this one."  He took the clothes from her; then closed the drawer, and then held her hand, and led her back to the bed; then carried her on top of the bed again.
 

I bought for you

Your diapers

I bought for you

Your milk

I bought for you

Your dresses

I bought for you

Your little shoes

 

Will I be ready

When the day comes

When I will buy for you

Your high heel shoes



Standing by the bed, he was helping her to put on her pajamas and afterwards carried Yoshi down, and hand in hand led her to his room to blow dry her hair, "Let's blow dry your hair so you won't catch a cold. It's a bit chilly tonight."  They went to his room  and went to his bathroom; then Jae Joong looked for the blow dryer,  he sat her on the counter, "Don't move Munchkin or you might fall." The blow dryer in hand, plugged it in and tested the heat, and thought that it might be to hot for Yoshi, so he adjusted  it for the  right heat suitable for her. Then he started blow drying her hair, "How is that Munchkin? It is not too hot?"

"Ye, Appa."

I open a book

To read for you

I open a book

To share with you

I open a book

To dream with you


Slowly combing and blow drying Yoshi's hair, when she asked, "Appa can I sleep with you?"  she was looking at him with her puppy eyes.

'And it's so hard to say no to her when she does that,' smiling, he thought, while looking at her,  'I owe her a lot  and I want to make it up to her.'

"Ye Munchkin I too miss sleeping with you," that got him a beaming smile from Yoshi. 'Ohh She is so charming and cute, my own daughter, hehehehehe' he thought to himself.

I cling

To thee

My love

Would thou

Oblige me

With thy

Presence too

Shower me

With kisses

and love


"Alright, bed time,"Jae Joong carried Yoshi to his bed and placed her down on top of the bed.

Yoshi jumped up and down on the bed, "I am not sleepy Appa."

"What would you like to do then?" smiling at her daughter, knowing she only wanted to be with him.

"Can we play Appa?"  she looked at him inquiringly, while jumping up and down on the bed.

"Oh okay, what do you want to play?"  

She stopped jumping and sat down, "I don't know Appa."

 

I want

A Kiss

I want

A smile

I want

A laughter

I want

It all


"Hmmm I don't know what to play hmmm," Jae Joong was thinking out-loud.

With a twinkle in her eyes, smiling, "Appa I learned a game today Unnie Minnie taught me," she was happy and excited to share the game she learned to her Aboji.

Joy was showing with his smile, "Oh, What game did you learn?"

Looking up, smiling up at him, "It's this way Appa, you play with your hand like this," she was showing her Aboji a opened hand, a closed hand and a peace sign. She was so serious in showing him the game,  reaching out for his hand, "and you play with me and we try to show our hand to each other."

A gleeful smile showing, excited to play with his daughter, "Oh all right. Let's play then," Jae Joong knows it was the gawi bawi bo, and was smiling knowing his child was learning games.

 

I want

To play

With you

Simple game

Silly game

With you

To share

A moment

With you

 

* * * * *

 

Ko

Munchkin

Angel

Puppet

Baby

Names

But

You are more

Than just names

You are

My child

My daughter


'How can I deny you, you are my daughter, yet you don't carry my name. Test has been done to be sure and you are my child. My blood runs in your veins. I am a part of you and you are a part of me.  I am sorry my Ko. I am so sorry.'

 

I wish not

To step on anyone

I wish not

To hurt anyone

I will hurt you

For my dream

You will cry

For my dream

 

Will you?

Can you?

Find in your heart

To forgive me?

 

 

* * * * *

 

A simple pleasure

Makes life lighter

A time of leisure

Makes life brighter

 

I will sing for you

All the lullabies

That may bring me

Closer to your heart

 

"Gawi bawi bo  . . gawi bawi bo  . . gawi bawi bo . .  hahahaha I won Appa . . hahahahaha,"  a  beaming Yoshi said to Jae Joong, and he did not want to loose, but was biting his lower lips, because it was his daughter after all.  The competitive spirit within him was kicking in, he was sitting on the bed with her.

"Alright, then what do you want as a gift for winning?" he asked his daughter.

"Hmmm I don't know . . hmmm” Yoshi's eyes were twinkling, she was thinking what to ask her Abeoji,"can we visit grandfather and grandmother?"

"Hmmm Why not, I'm free tomorrow."

"Hahahaha ye-hay I'm going to see grandfather and grandmother hihihihihi," she stood on the bed, and then started jumping up and down,  and clapped her hands.

"Now let's go to sleep, we have to wake-up early tomorrow, if we are to visit your grand-parents," he explained to her.

"Appa, I am not sleepy yet,"  Yoshi said to her Aboji and she stopped jumping on the bed.

"What do you want to do?"

"Hmmm"  Yoshi was thinking, "Please Appa, read a book for me," she asked her Abeoji.

"What book do you want me to read?"

"Wait Appa, I'll get my book," she answered him. She sat down, and then slid her bottom on the bed, and came off the bed, and ran towards her room to get one of her books. And he stayed sitting and waited for her.  She ran back to the bedroom, holding a book, "I like this book, Appa. Please read this one." She gave the book to him, and then she climbed back on the bed.

"Alright, I'll read this book, but you'll have to go to sleep after I finished reading the book."

"Ye, Appa."

Back crawling, he moved back to the headboard and waited for Yoshi to move beside him, and when she was sitting nicely, he opened the book and started reading to his daughter. She listened intently to him, while he was reading the book. She placed her head on his arm, and looked at the pictures on the book, while he was reading. And, when he finished reading the book, she was already half asleep. "Appa please, sing me a song," she whisphered, her eyes were already half closed. Jae Joong placed an arm around her and placed a hand on her head; then while he gently run his hand and fingers on her head and hair, he sang her a song.

You sleep

Into your dreamland

You sleep

So innocently

You sleep

So beautifully

You sleep

With no care to the world

 

"Oh my Angel, hmmmm I can just stay like this, staring at you all night long. Hmmmm I can watch you sleep like this all night long,"  hand combing her hair, "You, sleep in such innocence .  . such abandonment . . You'd probably  take the whole bed in a little while and leave me with just a fraction to sleep in. hahahahahaha And probably will have an arm or a leg on top of me even then hahahahahahahaha  and . . I would not mind . . one bit . ."

Sleep my love

Sleep my child

With me

Sleep my angel   


"Could you stay like this . . for a long . . long  . . time? Stay . . innocent . . Stay . . and be just a child . . so you'll just love me . . I hope, you would never learn to hate me . . that,  is going to break my heart . . "

Crawled beneath the covers, and covered his daughter with the blanket. Stared at her for a while, touched her hair, her cheek, her nose, even touched her eye lids, her chin and then framed her face with a hand. "I love you, my child,"  Jae Joong spoke to a sleeping Yoshi, then kissed her on the forehead and cheek. Scooted over and placed his arm over her, looked at her, and then closed his eyes and went to sleep.

 

The sun is out

To cast away

The shadow

Of yesterday

 

It brings light

To a brand new day

Taking away

The darkness of night

 

"Wake-up, Appa! Wake-up, Appa! Appa! Appa!" Yoishi was waking Jae Joong up, who was sleeping on his right side facing her,  "Appa! Appa!" She was kneeling in front of him, and was trying to shake him by his shoulder to wake him up, and then she started kissing him. She bent forward,  kissed his cheek several times, "Appa! Appa!" She bend closer to kiss him on the forehead; then bent her head to kiss his nose, and his lips, "Appa! Appa!" She straightened her head, and kissed his cheek again and again, "Appa! Appa!" she straightened up back to her kneeling position,  and shook his shoulder again,  "Appa! Appa!"

An angel kissing my woes

An angel kissing my sorrow

An angel kissing my pain

An angel kissing my tears

 

"To feel your lips, kissing me in the morning, was like no other feeling, to start the day,  with a kiss from my angel. What a way to start my day.”

A pleasant day

An angel, woke me up

beaming a bright smile

Glowing beautifully

 

"Wake up, Appa! Appa,  I am hungry,"  she was trying to wake him by shaking his shoulder.

"hmmm" He slowly opened his eyes and found her in front of him,  "Good Morning, Munchkin."

"Good Morning, Appa.  Please, wake up, I am hungry,"  she was smiling. "Come on, Appa, get up."

"I still feel like sleeping," he was teasing his daughter.

"Ohhh, Aaapppaaa,"  she was childishly groaning. "Aaaaaapppppaaaaa."

He grabbed, and turned her, and  pulled her beside him, "Let's go back to sleep, Munchkin, it is still too early."

"Appa! You said we are going to my grand-parent's house."  She was pouting, "you promised, Appa, you promised."

"And you're going to hold me to that promise, right?"  

Yoshi quietly whispered, " but, you promised, Appa. And I won, it was my gift."

"hahahahaha"  he started tickling her.

"Appa, hmmm hmmm Appa hmmm"  she was not laughing, but was groaning, and pouting, she was about to cry.

 

My love, Your tears, Wounds me

My love, Your tears, Cuts me

My love, Your tears, Hurts me

My love, Your tears, Affects me

 

Seeing tears was rolling down from her eyes, Jae Joong was affected, he did not want his Ko to be sad, "We are going, Munchkin, promise,  we are,"  he was saying to Yoshi, who was quietly crying.

"But, you said . .” hiccup and whimper, “ . .you said . . "  she was silent for a minute.

"Oh Baby."

"You are bad, Appa, you are bad,"  Yoshi, was crying and pouting, looking at Jae Joong with accusing eyes.

 

Simple words

From your lips

Hurts me more

Than anyone

Could ever say

Or ever do

It is a stab

To my heart

And touches

My very soul

 

"Baby, it is still early, we still have time .  . come I'll make you your breakfast . . Appa will cook." She was just looking at him and did not say anything. "My Ko, I promise, we are going to your grand-parent's house, alright? I promise," he could not stand that look she was giving him, as if he wronged her. "You said you were hungry, come on Ko, Appa will cook breakfast for you,"  he was trying to appease his daughter.

"What are you going to cook?"  Yoshi, still looking sad, asked.

"What would you like to have? hmmmm Let's see what we have in the kitchen, then let's decide what we're going to have."

"Promise, Appa? We are going to my grand-parent's house?"  she was still not convinced and wanted an assurance from her Aboji.

"Yes promise, we are going, "  he promised.

She smiled and gave him a hug, and kissed his cheek, " hahahaha Thanks, Appa. "

 

Smile

My love

Only smile

At me

Don’t shed

A tear

Only smile

At me

 

* * * * *

 

You, claimed my heart, the first time I saw you

You, came to my world and conquered it

You, scared the living day light out of me

You, stopped the track of my life

You, blasted the world, as I knew it

You, took the plan, and shattered it

You, claimed the me I knew, and kept it

 

"Appa, I would like to have some fried eggs."

"Alright, then fried eggs it is," he answered, while holding her in his arms going to the kitchen.

" Appa," Yoshi spoke with her arms around Jae Joong and her cheek on his cheek.

"Ye, my Ko?"

"Appa, you should always keep your promise.  A promise given is your word of honor. It is your word," she spoke, with a child's wisdom.

A promise given

A promise taken

I broke your mother’s heart

Love is never enough

Love can be rough

I’ll keep you in my heart

Keep me in your heart

Life is not all glitter and gold

Life has shadows and fold

Secret we keep

Blossom in heap


Jae Joong does not have an answer for Yoshi.  He wished he could just say yes, but he could not promise her, that he would be able to keep all his promises.
He remembered, all to well, breaking Yoshi's mother's heart.

 

I miss you

Come back to me

If only, I could turn back time

If only  

 

Have I only known

I’ll spend more time with you

If only, I have seen the future

If only

 

I miss you

Come back to me

If only, You’ll let me try again

If only

 

I love you

I thought we had time

If only, we had eternity together

If only

 

I have hurt you

I want to make it up to you

If only, you are here with me

If only

 

I want to see you

I want my eternity with you

If only, I’ll spend my next life with you

If only

 

* * * * *

 

You, mean the world to me

You, opened my wall

You, taught me love

I am, nothing without you

 

I call for you, my other half

My soul, my dear one

I cry out for you, hear me

I am so lonely, without you

 

You, left me here, all alone

I am not complete, without you

I am here calling to you, I love you

Answer my call, tell me you love me, too